The Chargers, Rivers and Antonio Gates

PS 56

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see us stopping Gates and the passing game. Just contain them and keep the passing yards below 250. Then we've got a shot. Also, Rivers...as good as he is he does get a tad rattled under pressure. We need to figure out a way to pressure him, get a few hard hit sacks on Phillip. Make him nervous in drop backs. And...keep him off the field by winning the TOP battle. Yea, all of that is a tall order but it can be done.

Another Mack-truck sized game in just the 3rd week of the season. I'm liking this. A lot.

I know you are being a bit sarcastic, but it's really quite simple like you say. It's amazing to me how many people get caught up in things that really don't make too much sense. The travel across country, like the players are going to be so tired that won't play well, or the crowd , like that will make Gates drop the ball? I think people try to convince themselves on ways the Bills might win just to sleep easier. But people sound so stupid sometimes.

I'm not being sarcastic at all. I challenge you to find just one occurrence of a team losing the points scored vs. points against battle and still winning the game.

Trust me, you won't be able to do it. I've researched the archives.

Seattle's 'weakness' on defense is our strength. They don't have the D line we do. Minus Hardwick, their starting center, I expect Dareus and Kyle to just annihilate the middle of the line. Seattle couldn't take advantage---and if I'm not mistaken it was 100 degrees on the field. The Seahawks probably haven't played in that in a long time. They lost Earl Thomas and Bobby Wagner during the game to cramps. They weren't prepared for the heat.

That being said, Rivers is playing a lot like Brady now. Killing teams underneath. I've always thought this has been a problem for our D. Every pass is going to be 3 steps and gone. It's the Chargers scheme and it should help offset our pass rush. The Jets have been able to do this with success against us...same New England, obviously.

This is the week for a bunch of zone blitzes. Dropping Hughes and Mario into coverage occasionally. Something different every play. Blitzing 5 or 6 should be a no-no. They have a limited run game now and NO deep threat. Send 4 in different ways that's it. Roby off the edge drop Hughes back. Bring up Searcy drop Mario back. That kind of game---which Seattle does not do.

My 2 cents.

And I expect us to win.

I'm not being sarcastic at all. I challenge you to find just one occurrence of a team losing the points scored vs. points against battle and still winning the game.

whatever

The bolts will score some points on us. I have us winning 31-17 and here is why:

1. They have the biggest offensive line meaning our outside pass rush will contain Rivers, but the middle will collapse as we bull rush and force Rivers to try and make plays. We get at him all day long.

2. That being said, he has a bad day and throws several picks, and Super Mario has a field day with a great day of sacks.

3. Our o-line stays steady and we don't bull rush this team but use counter sweeps to keep them off guard. EJ has a great day! He throws all day to Woods. Woods is hurting but will have a big day along with Williams. Sammy has an off day as the key on him and take him and CJ out of the picture. Freddie has a huge day again.

4. The game will be close at half time and we might even be behind but we show why we have 4 running backs in the third quarter. They will stack the box on us and EJ will be told to stretch the field to keep them honest. I would even expect it on the very first play of the game!

5. We play the field positioning game again with special teams and make the bolts earn every bit of their points which will wear them down and again Rivers has a bad day and I can even see a pick six this week.

Spoken for truth. I got your back on this on eball. :thumbsup:

forget those guys, my real nightmare is Manti freaking Téo intercepting what would have been the game winning TD in the end zone

Well think on the bright side then. You could jump onto the field in your cute red shorts and ask him to give it to you and autograph it. :ph34r:

I know you are being a bit sarcastic, but it's really quite simple like you say. It's amazing to me how many people get caught up in things that really don't make too much sense. The travel across country, like the players are going to be so tired that won't play well, or the crowd , like that will make Gates drop the ball? I think people try to convince themselves on ways the Bills might win just to sleep easier. But people sound so stupid sometimes.

actually Steve Tasker recently said coast to coast travel has a significant impact on games. does that make him stupid too?

I remember the last SD visit to the Ralph. Beat them when Kawaki Mitchells stepped in front of Gates in the endzone and made a pick. Rivers said after...."I never thought to look for the lb way back there" And, the Bills D coordinator had game planned that play/D.....lets hope Schwartz has his A game plan this week!!!