Week 3 predictions: Chargers @ Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking the Bills defense steps up again. They were able to contain a very high powered Chicago Bears offense to 20 points.

Bills 24

Chargers 14

I agree! The defense will pressure Rivers into some turnovers. I like our DBs to be better in press coverage than the Seahawks. I think if Keith Rivers is able to play he will neutralize Gates. Chargers front seven are beasty! If O-line can give EJ time, he must make throws to win matchups. MUST contain Woodhead as he is their Darren Sproles

Rivers vs Manuel is the obvious huge one.

Rivers can win games. Manuel has learned how to be a game manager it seems, which is a big step forward, but win games? Not sure.

Yes and Rivers can lose games ala Romo

Do not underestimate the WR trio of Allen-Floyd-Royal. They're pretty darn good.

Gilmore, McKelvin, Graham and Robey. They're OK too

I think this will be a close game. The WV's will sell out to stop the run on D and make EJ beat them. Frank will add some wrinkles to the WV offense and let Rivers throw the rock all over the lot. We stop their running game, and EJ has to hit a few receivers not named Sammy Watkins Jr. (I WANT THE CAVEMAN!!). WV's up 20-19 with time running out, Bills driving to WV 29. :08 seconds on the clock, Dan Carpenter lines up for the 47-yarder, and this time it's GOOD!! Bills 22 - WV's 20.

I think this is a game where the offense is going to have to step up and score 28 or more to win. Rivers and SD are going to score points. There are going to be big plays. It won't be a complete domination by our defense like the past two games. Still think D will play great and force some turnovers, as well, but I strongly believe that just not turning it over for Bills offense will not be enough in this contest.

I'm looking for that first big deep pass to break out our passing attack. Flash Goodwin anyone? C'mon Hackett, let's come up with some special for Rivers, Reich, and the Bolts!

Since I'm coming from DC for my first game at the NEW Ralph Wilson Stadium, they better win!

BILLS 30 bolts 27

GO BILLS

This is going to be a tough game, Buffalo has always had trouble containing the TE, so I think Gates has another good day as Rivers dinks and dunks us all day. I doubt the fans will be nearly as loud as they were last week, I hope so, but I don't think it will happen. Red Zone problems continue for the Bills, they won't play bad, but just not enough to beat the Chargers.

Chargers 24

Bills 20 - 2 Minute drill for Buffalo comes up short.

San Diego is a very good team and they pretty much dominated Seattle at home last week. However, they also were out gained 403-290 on the road at Arizona and held to 17 points. I think it will be closer to their performance in Arizona than at home against Seattle. Buffalo's defense will will give up some yardage to Rivers, as they did to Cutler; however, they will limit the big plays and scores. Buffalo's offense will be able to move the ball. If they can win the turnover battle and score TDs in at least two red zone opportunities, then they win.

Bills 23-17

Edited by billsfan1959

27-23 Bills. This could be one of those come from behind deals where the D forces a huge turnover to lift us to victory.

In this strange NFL season, where all these players and teams are doing wrong....somehow the Bills are the feel-good story of the NFL and will continue to be.

Edited by zow2

The Chargers have Frank Riech as their O-Coordinator, so he can prep the team on how to play in the Ralph.

The long flight from the west coast might have some effect on the Bolts.

Bills need to improve on the Red-Zone & also their screen plays (they develop nicely, but seem to collapse before the back can get rolling to the outside - bad blocking scheme???)

Bills D needs to stay the course.

What does this even mean? :huh:

Well, to me that seems pretty simple to understand. Frank knows from years of experience, what it is like to play at the Ralph.

12th Man craziness & loudness, the weather in WNY, possible silent counts & hand signals to negate the crowd noise, etc., etc.

He can share this with Charger players who have never played in Buffalo.

Well, to me that seems pretty simple to understand. Frank knows from years of experience, what it is like to play at the Ralph.

12th Man craziness & loudness, the weather in WNY, possible silent counts & hand signals to negate the crowd noise, etc., etc.

He can share this with Charger players who have never played in Buffalo.

So in other words, the same problem every NFL team has when they play on the road.