What the "experts" are saying this week re the Bills/Fins

CodeMonkey

I didn't expect anyone to pick the Bills last week.

This nonsense with Miami is stupid. I wonder how many of these "experts" (aka arse-clowns) know what happened when these two played last year. I bet 50% of them think Miami swept the Bills.

My recollection is the Bills swept these chumps with Thad Lewis at QB, and shut them out 19-0 in their last meeting.

Anyone with a non-defective brain would lean Buffalo this week. Honestly any imbecile can be a sports "analyst".

I would agree that they don't know and don't care, that the Bills have won 3 of the last 4 matchups and Tannehill has never won in Buffalo.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only way i see us losing is if manuel lays an absolute egg. the phins LB corp is decimated. the run game should be available big time as well as screens. Getting Nigel back and possibly gilmore is a huge boost. It would be a huge blow for the bills to lose sunday amongst all the positive energy.

No one is sure about anything after 1 week. The media was fawning all over both teams before the season started, FWIW. Chicago was a SB contender and Cutler a MVP candidate for some reason, even though they were 8-8 last year with a terrible defense and no coaching changes. NE was expected to be a SB contender as well, many experts taking them in the AFC with the addition of Revis. Maybe they will be. Way too early to tell for all teams. Miami was 3-0 last year with 2 road wins and then were all over the place.

Not at all sure Revis is the same player post injury.

Their line play on both sides of the ball is bad - and soft. Good coaching can hide many deficiencies but not bad line play. Either it gets much better fast or they are in real trouble.

Brady is a pocket passer, meaning he needs a pocket. He's not making any plays outside of that zone. People focus on how good his protection was - and they are right, but he was also very good at making plays when seriously pressured. Not so much now.

His # 1 receiver is JE - good slot guy but nuff said. Gronk is much diminished.

Looks to me that maybe NE goes looking for a wild card this year. Not quite my Super Bowl favs.

I think it's funny how we get offended when analysts don't pick the Bills to win when most of us wouldn't pick the Bills to win. It's okay, I do it too. I didn't think the Bills would win last week but was angry when no one picked them to win on ESPN. Doesn't make any logical sense but its normal for me.

I actually prefer, at this stage, when nobody picks us to win.

Well, they aren't "experts," but I thought I would point everyone to what they're discussing over at Fin Heaven. Apparently our DBs are suspect and all our women look like buffaloes!

There's also a group that would like to take over our stadium this week, even though another thread on Fin Heaven complained the crowd on Sunday was smaller than preseason!

Edited by TheLynchTrain

Fortunately, the "experts" are no better at picking these games than the average fan. Probably even less effective when it comes to the fans of a specific team in a given week.

I think this is a game the Bills should win. I like the Bills front seven vs. Miami's OL and running game, and like their chances of pressuring Tannehill into mistakes. Can the Bills find ways to neutralize Cameron Wake and keep the Miami Defense off balance? Can EJ repeat last week's solid performance and potentially improve on it? I see this as possibly a 19-16 squeaker, but also possibly a bigger win like 27-13, depending on the Bills offensive execution. I really like their chances of running away with it though in a very emotional home opener.

Well, they aren't "experts," but I thought I would point everyone to what they're discussing over at Fin Heaven. Apparently our DBs are suspect and all our women look like buffaloes!

There's also a group that would like to take over our stadium this week, even though another thread on Fin Heaven complained the crowd on Sunday was smaller than preseason!

this to me is laughable...their 100 fans are going to take over the ralph...they can't even fill a stadium for their home games

Regardless of opponent, I can't fault any "expert" to go against the BILLS until they consistently start winning, which to be honest probably transcends this season...that doesn't mean I can't completely see how the BILLS could be quite good in this game, but given Cameron Wake's unruly beating of Tom Brady and Moreno's rushing attack, I can also see how some - even fans on this board - could argue for Miami coming away with a win. Like others have said, I too don't think it would be a blow-out for either team, but would give the edge to the BILLS due to the emotions of this week and it being at home. However, again, I can understand the devil's advocate argument here as well.

Good luck to them on taking over the Ralph this Sunday.

I think the weather / conditioning had a lot to do with the result of this game. I read that it was 95 degrees and humid, this might help explain why the Dolphins (who have been practicing in Florida for 5 weeks) outscored the Patriots 23-0 in the second half. Also, don't forget about the 7 points they scored immediately following a blocked punt in the first 5 minutes of the game, and you're talking about a completely different game.

Throw in favorable weather conditions, a completely insane crowd, and I think our lines (O and D) win battles all day.

Bills 33 - Dolphins 10

Regardless of opponent, I can't fault any "expert" to go against the BILLS until they consistently start winning, which to be honest probably transcends this season...

This x 100. Frankly I'm surprised at the perceived "disrespect" some posters are feeling. One game against a decent team does not a season make. The pats* are better then the bears imo. The 'experts' will, and should, be picking against us unless/until we're 8-4 late in the season or something like that. The wheels have come off way later than week 2 before.

I like when they pick against us. It was the expert picks that doomed us in '08 haha

I think it will be interesting to see what (or even if) the impacts are of the sale to the Pegulas will be.

I actually think this will be a significant positive. I doubt there will be any substantive positives as Pegula has not even had the time to do anything. However,

1. the fan base will be psyched and happy. Bills rooters have a tangible good in terms of a tentative deal having been struck with a Buffalo based rather than Toronto based or whatever based owner. One of the real measurable advantages in NFL games is homefield advantage. I think this comes from factors like familiarity, lack of travel burden or other factors the sale has no impact on.

However, I think there also are advantages for the home team which stem from fan excitement and making noise strategically to momentum from positive feel.

The fans will feel downright giddy and I think the better feelings will be a plus for the team.

2. We simply need a better FO and again it is too early in the Pegs regime to have any personnel impact. However, I think the uncertainty was a negative that now is moving toward real resolution. Apparently there may have been a blow-up btw Brandon and Merrone. If this did happen or even if it did not but the press believed it and either wat I think the uncertainty weighs on the braintrust.

3. I'd rather all involved only to have to worry about the opponent and not be distracted. We're moving toward that

I think all of this will be worth 1-3 pts against Miami

the only way i see us losing is if manuel lays an absolute egg. the phins LB corp is decimated. the run game should be available big time as well as screens. Getting Nigel back and possibly gilmore is a huge boost. It would be a huge blow for the bills to lose sunday amongst all the positive energy.

+1

This will be an extremely tough game for the Bills, the Dolphins run game looked awesome last weekend and they held Tom F'N Brady in check. I totally expect most people to pick the Fins here.

With all due to respect to the Fins corners, the Pats* FO has kept Brady in check by refusing to give him any receivers of note since Moss was traded. Brandan Lafell? Are you kidding me?