My preview of the Dolphins game

Lothar

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in my defense I said 3rd quarter is where we will start to show our dominance, it won't be a blowout by the half. I still think it will be close.

And the last point is one of my main concerns actually. The HF advantage is bigger than it's ever been this week for Buffalo.

I'm still having a hard time figuring out why that is, exactly?

Miami should concern themselves with figuring out how to deal with a team who beat them twice last season with Thad "would you like fries with that" Lewis behind center.

I'll give you that he's clearly more of the full package than wake. But I guess my counter point would be in this day-in-age, a pass rusher as good as Cam Wake is so hard to come by. And I don't want to discount his run blocking skills either, because while they aren't Williams-esqe, they are still above average.

I look back to the Cincinatti game from last year as an example of his complete game changing abilities. OT with Dalton backed up in his endzone, Wake sacks him for a safety, game over.

Of course Williams is capable of doing the same, and maybe it's just because I don't follow the Bills enough, but I just don't seem to hear about those game changing plays from Williams as much as Wake. I acknowledge the clear bias of that last sentence in regards to seeing Wake play every week and not Mario.

He had a few game changing plays against you guys in Miami last year. Tanned ills first pick to Robey was forced by Mario and also had two 4th quarter sacks and one forced fumble that led to the winning FG

I'm still having a hard time figuring out why that is, exactly?

Miami should concern themselves with figuring out how to deal with a team who beat them twice last season with Thad "would you like fries with that" Lewis behind center.

Mostly because of last week's performance in all honesty. They've never been a second half time, but I'm hopeful this year is where that changes. I think a lot of our issues last year against the Bills came from our despicable O Line. Tannehill was in shambles all game.

He had a few game changing plays against you guys in Miami last year. Tanned ills first pick to Robey was forced by Mario and also had two 4th quarter sacks and one forced fumble that led to the winning FG

Man I forgot about the forced fumble last year. That one hurt so bad.

It's important the Bills get ahead early and force Miami to pass.

Albert against Hughes could be an even matchup, but Juwaun James against Mario will be bad. James is a good prospect coming out of college with athleticism, a former 5 star recruit, but he struggles against power. Mario will eat him up in both matchups this year. Cam Wake is a different rusher with pure speed and little power so hard to say that is preparation for Mario.

Kyle Williams and Dareus will eat up the interior of the Miami line, especially in passing situations.

Albert against Hughes could be an even matchup, but Juwaun James against Mario will be bad. James is a good prospect coming out of college with athleticism, a former 5 star recruit, but he struggles against power. Mario will eat him up in both matchups this year. Cam Wake is a different rusher with pure speed and little power so hard to say that is preparation for Mario.

Kyle Williams and Dareus will eat up the interior of the Miami line, especially in passing situations.

I think all of that is true--IF AND ONLY IF--Miami has to throw the ball all game.

Over time, this DL can get after anybody...that said, if they get their running game going, it could be a different story.

Wake can definitely bullrush a tackle if he wants to, it's just often easier to run around them. I think Daryn Colledge will hold his own against the two IL, not as sure about Shelly Smith. Smith is a great run blocker, but not as good at pass blocking. Colledge is the opposite.

Edited by finfanfromrochester

What it really comes down to for me is this:

Which offense will struggle more against which defense?

If you're going off last year, you guys take the win hands down. But this is a new squad. New offense, new enthusiasm. Pretty much all aspects of our team are improved.

Your D is overall better than ours, but I believe our O is better than yours. I just don't have faith that Manuel is the real deal. So as long as we can stop the run, which is not guaranteed at all, we have the better shot in my opinion.

Dude there is no way after one game that was played in miami in 90 degree heat that you can say that miami has a better o-line. It will be a test for the Bills but remember this.

miami has no true starting LB's right now. That being said by the second quarter a few misreads will be all it takes then we will walking up and down the field.

You have 2 running backs, we have 4 plus a fullback.

You have 2 good front 4, we have 3 that went to the probowl.

The more I research the fins, the more I start thinking this won't be a game.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful but dude it was the first game of the year and the patsies aren't half as good as people think and your team just proved it.

5 new starting line man and not much pressure on the qb?????

I really see a rough day for you guys.

Dude there is no way after one game that was played in miami in 90 degree heat that you can say that miami has a better o-line. It will be a test for the Bills but remember this.

miami has no true starting LB's right now. That being said by the second quarter a few misreads will be all it takes then we will walking up and down the field.

You have 2 running backs, we have 4 plus a fullback.

You have 2 good front 4, we have 3 that went to the probowl.

The more I research the fins, the more I start thinking this won't be a game.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful but dude it was the first game of the year and the patsies aren't half as good as people think and your team just proved it.

5 new starting line man and not much pressure on the qb?????

I really see a rough day for you guys.

Respectfully disagree. Our biggest challenge is the fact that we literally have 7 starters on D out with injury/suspension...

If Randy Starks is out it will be harder, but what can I say I still forsee another win. I didn't say our O line was better, just our Offense overall. Tannehill vs. Manuel is a big factor there for me, though.

One of us will be wrong, I'll be sure to be here to admit if that's me, I hope you can say the same on Monday morn if the Bills go down. :thumbsup:

Respectfully disagree. Our biggest challenge is the fact that we literally have 7 starters on D out with injury/suspension...

If Randy Starks is out it will be harder, but what can I say I still forsee another win. I didn't say our O line was better, just our Offense overall. Tannehill vs. Manuel is a big factor there for me, though.

One of us will be wrong, I'll be sure to be here to admit if that's me, I hope you can say the same on Monday morn if the Bills go down. :thumbsup:

Finfan - your biggest issue CLEARLY is that you let Chris Hogan get away. Our gain. Be honest, does Finheaven have a thread that pines over him like we have for Da'Rick? If not, you need to start one. He is always open like 7/11, except Sundays, and he brings his lunchpail.

Hogan will be the difference in this matchup. Rue the day.

He represents a different challenge than the bears larger WRs who don't have that speed. Im thinking same about Gilmore, maybe they have mckelvin on him with man with help over the top all day.

Hopefully Gilmore will play? He is listed as "FP" today. Aaron Williams is in concussion protocol, "LP" and may be out.

It would suck to go into the game down 2 DB, but hopefully that won't happen

Edited by Hopeful

Hopefully Gilmore will play? He is listed as "FP" today. Aaron Williams is in concussion protocol, "LP" and may be out.

It would suck to go into the game down 2 DB, but hopefully that won't happen

Not having AW would be terrible. Meeks is still out, I believe which leaves us with 2 safeties according to the depth chart. If Gilmore is back, and AW out, I think Graham will play FS.

Aaron Williams is in concussion protocol, "LP" and may be out.

I think it is good news that AW was LP today, that means that he is not showing signs of concussion, if he were it would have been OUT. Lets hope he is full practice by Friday!!!

Time to re-watch this gem:

http://www.buffalobi...e3-cb39a21c7cf2

Y'all tryin to cheat! Can't trust a dam Mammal. All mammals cheat!

That's funny. I was surprised at how much he was lobbying the refs. Do all players do that?

Suggestion, put that "mammals" phrase in quotes so it's clear it's quoting Mario

Edited by Hopeful

Mostly because of last week's performance in all honesty. They've never been a second half time, but I'm hopeful this year is where that changes. I think a lot of our issues last year against the Bills came from our despicable O Line. Tannehill was in shambles all game.

So, your bold prediction that Miami will "show their dominance" after halftime is the result of one performance a week ago, in the sweltering heat of Miami, against a team from the northeast? Got it.

This Sunday's forecast is mid 60s. In Orchard Park. And the stands will actually be filled with screaming fans.

I see that you're trying to engage in a well-intentioned discussion/debate over this week's game, but the justification for your confidence is dubious at best.

Nobody is saying the Bills will rout the Fish; there is respect for their defensive line and how hard/well they played last week. I think you significantly discount the talent level in the Bills locker room, however. Here's a secret -- other than at QB, the Bills have a much better roster than the Patriots.*

So, your bold prediction that Miami will "show their dominance" after halftime is the result of one performance a week ago, in the sweltering heat of Miami, against a team from the northeast? Got it.

This Sunday's forecast is mid 60s. In Orchard Park. And the stands will actually be filled with screaming fans.

I see that you're trying to engage in a well-intentioned discussion/debate over this week's game, but the justification for your confidence is dubious at best.

Nobody is saying the Bills will rout the Fish; there is respect for their defensive line and how hard/well they played last week. I think you significantly discount the talent level in the Bills locker room, however. Here's a secret -- other than at QB, the Bills have a much better roster than the Patriots.*

All true. I think this game in many ways comes down to coaching.

I think you'll be willing to at least agree that "better" is a subjective term.

I think with our current defensive roster, with all three starting LBs out again this week, and our starting safety out with Starks also possibly out, I'll give you the better defensive roster by a nice margin. Although I will say I'm fond of our cornerbacks. Not sure you guys have a guy as good as Grimes, and Finnegan is playing at his former pro bowl level it seems.

Offensively, I would go with the Phins as the "better" squad, but again it's all subjective and we are blatantly biased from both sides. Would you really be willing to claim that your WR1 (Woods, presumably) is better than Wallace? Watkins very well may be down the road, but he's not proven enough to make that claim for him yet.

I think you'll be willing to at least agree that "better" is a subjective term.

I think with our current defensive roster, with all three starting LBs out again this week, and our starting safety out with Starks also possibly out, I'll give you the better defensive roster by a nice margin. Although I will say I'm fond of our cornerbacks. Not sure you guys have a guy as good as Grimes, and Finnegan is playing at his former pro bowl level it seems.

Offensively, I would go with the Phins as the "better" squad, but again it's all subjective and we are blatantly biased from both sides. Would you really be willing to claim that your WR1 (Woods, presumably) is better than Wallace? Watkins very well may be down the road, but he's not proven enough to make that claim for him yet.

watkins is our #1 WR. Woods is 2.

WR corps are not even CLOSE in my opinion. Are you saying that Wallace, Hartline, Gibson and whoever is better that Watkins, Woods, Williams and Goodwin? Crazy. Clay is a little scary though...

Hartline is a thousand yard receiver the past 2 years. Woods went for 587 last year with only about 1 yard per catch more than Hartline. Woods has a higher upside ultimately than Hartline, but if you're going by what you've done in this league, then Wallace/Hartline are better than your 1/2.

But like I said, they very well could be a better combo down the road, but in this league you've got to prove yourself.

Hartline is a thousand yard receiver the past 2 years. Woods went for 587 last year with only about 1 yard per catch more than Hartline. Woods has a higher upside ultimately than Hartline, but if you're going by what you've done in this league, then Wallace/Hartline are better than your 1/2.

But like I said, they very well could be a better combo down the road, but in this league you've got to prove yourself.

If I wanted to tweak ya a bit, I could say:

"but don't you have to prove yourself every year in this league? Last year don't mean nothin' yo!"

The reference of course would be to last week, where Woods matched Wallace's performance (outside of getting in the end zone) and each of Buffalo's other 2 WRs caught more balls for more yards than Hartline.

Of course, that doesn't mean anything either; just another way of saying how much about this early-season matchup we don't know.

There is not one GM in the league that would take Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, and Jarvis Nobody, for Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Mike Williams, and Marquise Goodwin.

The WR corps of the Bills is just flat better, even if Watkins is a rookie.

Say what you will about the rest of them, but Jarvis Landry is going to be a superstar. Biggest steal of the draft in my opinion.

I just wish we weren't using him as our return man.

Say what you will about the rest of them, but Jarvis Landry is going to be a superstar. Biggest steal of the draft in my opinion.

I just wish we weren't using him as our return man.

Sounds like the Miami roster is flushed with guys who are going to be great.

You sound like me talking about Angleo Crowell in 2007.

Sounds like the Miami roster is flushed with guys who are going to be great.

You sound like me talking about Angleo Crowell in 2007.

It's not just me. The whole organization sees this guy as the face of the franchise down the road. He's got the ultimate "never give up" mentality, that's for sure. That was proven way back at the combine after he pulled his hamstring but refused to take himself out of the drills.

It's not just me. The whole organization sees this guy as the face of the franchise down the road. He's got the ultimate "never give up" mentality, that's for sure. That was proven way back at the combine after he pulled his hamstring but refused to take himself out of the drills.

Sure.

So he's not very bright?

So his greatest achievement so far is a pulled hamstring? This guy has superstar written all over him!!

And yes, I know who he is, and no, he is very unlikely to be a superstar. He has some talent.

Joe@BuffaloWins 24m

Players who sacked Tannehill last year: Mario Williams (3), Jerry Hughes (1), Nickell Robey (2), Kyle Williams (2), & Da'Norris Searcy (1)

So anyway, with all the backup LBs in, and the safeties are relative unknowns, I guess that will leave the middle of the field open for Chandler to not catch the ball all day. Fantastic stuff.

Come on Chandler!

Edited by YoloinOhio

Joe@BuffaloWins 24m

Players who sacked Tannehill last year: Mario Williams (3), Jerry Hughes (1), Nickell Robey (2), Kyle Williams (2), & Da'Norris Searcy (1)

So anyway, with all the backup LBs in, and the safeties are relative unknowns, I guess that will leave the middle of the field open for Chandler to not catch the ball all day. Fantastic stuff.

Come on Chandler!

Those relative unknown safeties are going to be superstars. Perennial all-pros. You wait and see.

So his greatest achievement so far is a pulled hamstring? This guy has superstar written all over him!!

And yes, I know who he is, and no, he is very unlikely to be a superstar. He has some talent.

Hopefully you'll get a glimpse of him this weekend. Doesn't sound like you guys are as convinced as the Dolphins organization, but skepticism in this league is generally warranted, so I won't argue further.

Hopefully you'll get a glimpse of him this weekend. Doesn't sound like you guys are as convinced as the Dolphins organization, but skepticism in this league is generally warranted, so I won't argue further.

I remember when he Dolphins organization was convinced of Ted Ginn Jr.'s ability to return punts.

I think Jarvis Landry is really good. Maybe not future HOFer like you said yesterday, but you never know! The Bills have helped lots of WRs look like HOFers and he will play them a lot! He is 5'11 and runs a 4.77 though (or was that with the hammy). He had a nice PR in the PS. Probably just as good as Beckham.

So is there anyone on your team you don't love? For example, there are lots of players on the Bills who we hate. Well, not really hate, but you know what I mean.

Edited by YoloinOhio