Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you know there are a minimum of 8 other no votes so your vote of "No" matters, why would anyone vote "No" All you're doing is making a potential enemy down the road when you might need TP's vote on something else. These owners aren't a bunch of kids voting. They are professionals ( I know JJ is a stretch there) who don't do things for spite and continue to be successful.

I wonder if the owners vote will get made public. I bet the d bag Jerry Jones votes no.

You know what the best part of Pegula buying the team? Now, when I watch some of great young talent play well, like Sammy, or Seantrel or others, I'm not watching them going: "I hope we can keep them when they hit Free Agency".

I feel like the days of us being a feeder team to the rest of the league are over.

Edited by Heels20X6

You know what the best part of Pegula buying the team? Now, when I watch some of great young talent play well, like Sammy, or Seantrel or others, I'm not watching them going: "I hope we can keep them when they hit Free Agency".

I feel like the days of us being a feeder team to the rest of the league are over.

I had the same thought watching the game, especially when someone brought up extending Henderson after his second game (lol) in the game thread.

Teams just won't ever be able to keep everybody that plays well for them. It's just the nature of the beast in a fluid, dynamic league. Especially as teams mature and become contenders. Teams just can't keep all their stars in today's era. As much as Pegula's wallet would like to keep them all, we will still lose key players in the future.

That said, we will be second to none in being able to spend on top coaches and staffs, scouts, facilities, and everything else that goes into making a first class organization.

GO BILLS!!!

well one thing he learned with the Sabres was the damage letting a guy walk for nothing will do. I know with the NFL the deadline is a lot earlier, and teams will not quite as easily toss draft picks around... but any way that they can maximize assets as opposed to just letting them walk away will be explored

Golisano is looking more and more like an recluse or eccentric old man -- spending $100K to fight $100K tax bill

I was thinking the same thing.

That beard is doing him no favors (and I'm an old man with a beard).

This looks like precisely what I thought it was when it was announced Golisano would submit a bid. (This isn't an "I told you so thread" because I was simply speculating.) Tom G simply was there in case there was a threat to move the Bills. He said that from the get-go. Good for him. Perhaps he hung around a bit, at least in the mix from speculators, simply to maintain an alternative if Pegula wasn't ready to step up and make this happen. When it was clear Pegula was VERY serious, Tom stepped aside. Much respect for a class move.

I was thinking the same thing.

That beard is doing him no favors (and I'm an old man with a beard).

This looks like precisely what I thought it was when it was announced Golisano would submit a bid. (This isn't an "I told you so thread" because I was simply speculating.) Tom G simply was there in case there was a threat to move the Bills. He said that from the get-go. Good for him. Perhaps he hung around a bit, at least in the mix from speculators, simply to maintain an alternative if Pegula wasn't ready to step up and make this happen. When it was clear Pegula was VERY serious, Tom stepped aside. Much respect for a class move.

Agree, I think TG wanted to bow out and the trust told him to "hang in there" for the sake of a competitive process.

I still want to know why Pegs ratcheted up his bid to $1.4B, another poster thinks it was Twinkie/Pabst guy, but maybe there is more to it.

Agree, I think TG wanted to bow out and the trust told him to "hang in there" for the sake of a competitive process.

I still want to know why Pegs ratcheted up his bid to $1.4B, another poster thinks it was Twinkie/Pabst guy, but maybe there is more to it.

It wasn't because of Golisano. I thought, and still think, that it was because of the Twinkie guy. And that Pegs was tipped-off by Morgan Stanley on what to bid to ensure getting the team.

It wasn't because of Golisano. I thought, and still think, that it was because of the Twinkie guy. And that Pegs was tipped-off by Morgan Stanley on what to bid to ensure getting the team.

Perhaps. Found this link

http://nypost.com/20...y-bills-bidder/

Not sure I trust the NY Post, but this implies he participated until the end, but did not submit final bid.

Perhaps. Found this link

http://nypost.com/20...y-bills-bidder/

Not sure I trust the NY Post, but this implies he participated until the end, but did not submit final bid.

So how is that a real threat? The final bids were due Monday by the end of the day I believe. That night is when the trust awarded it to Pegula. I think Morgan Stanley made that all up. They could have been speaking with Twinkie Man, but they were just using him against Pegula with no real threat of him getting the team.

All in all, Morgan Stanley did their job. Pegula really didn't seem to care, he just wanted it over with. He could have won it by paying 300 million less though.

So how is that a real threat? The final bids were due Monday by the end of the day I believe. That night is when the trust awarded it to Pegula. I think Morgan Stanley made that all up. They could have been speaking with Twinkie Man, but they were just using him against Pegula with no real threat of him getting the team.

cying 300 million less though.

The extra $300 M or so could have been used for a stadium down payment in the not too distant future.

Terry Pegula is not the sort of guy who would get hoodwinked in a business deal. I believe that he came in with the mind-set of let's just pay the high price and get this deal done. It's apparent that he was determined to be the new owner. He probably realized that although he was in the most favored position with his bid there still was an outside chance that a "Ballmer" type bid could alter the auction dynamic or the auction could be extended in the hope of inducing additional bidders to enter the competition.. So he just posted an offer that couldn't be refused. When Pegula wants to get a deal done he doesn't quibble. He gets it done!

Anyone at this point who doesn't acknowledge Ralph Wilson's business prowess is deluding himself/herself. He entered a Toronto series deal with the Rogers group and up front pocketed $78 M. for a garbage product. And then by getting them interested in the future franchise auction the Wilson estate probably gained in the range of $300 M more from the sale because they were an overshadowing bidder. The end result is the franchise stayed in the region, as he wanted, and his estate gained value.

Edited by JohnC

Would the NFL and NHL let Pegula own a minor league team in another city?

Pegula has been rumored to be the leading candidate to buy the Erie Otters of the Ontario Hockey League

He can do that. Only if he gets to keep Connor McDavid as well