Da Bears Message Board

YoloinOhio

I actually took a peek on Da Bears board a few hours ago. Kind of surprised at the lack of respect for our team. But I tried thinking about what I truly know about other teams. Personnel, front office, coaches, changes, etc, and I do know more than the average fan, but not all that much--except our divisional foes. I guess you can't really expect Bears fans to know or care about the turnaround that most of us have been witnessing here for the last several years. Other team fans only see the final record and know the last 14 years.

Still annoying though. The Bills have a damn good roster 1-53

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay Cutler (similar words and tone) about throwing a pick right to a 300+ lb nose tackle:

"People don't know what we are trying to do...They need to stop thinking they do know what we are trying to do."

Would that be throwing off your back foot, across your body/field right into the waiting hands of Kyle Williams? Yep, that pretty hard trying to figure out what you are up to.

i heard they played Bon Jovi at soldier field ... Didn't they hear he is out of the Toronto Group?

They did play Bon Jovi early on right after the first Bears TD. I thought that it might have been intentional, but my Bears-season-ticket-holding-brother-in-law said they play their stuff all the time.

In somewhat related news, the National Anthem was sung by a guy well-known to Chicagoans for doing it at Blackhawks games -- it was unreal. For some reason, when this guy does the anthem, the fans cheer loudly throughout the entire song, from start to finish. It was absolutely wild. Never seen or heard anything like that.

Edited by Rubes

ack! That's bad. To be fair both of their WRs were hurt off and on. It likely won't matter as it's out of conference. But still, gotta win that game at home if they consider themselves SB contenders.

Our starting CB was out. So was our starting OLB. The OLB that was replacing our stud 2nd year OLB. And we lost Rivers in game and A. Williams too. Bills played better when it counted. Simple as that. And they have more talent than anyone gives them credit for. Understandably so based on results.

Response to a Bills fan simply stating "Ahem" in reply to a post that trashed the Bills prior to the opener:

"Congrats on winning your Super Bowl... come back after the bills move to Canada."

http://www.dabears.c...ge-2#post-82512

All class.

Yet those choads in Chicago talk about the '85 Bears like it happened yesterday.

The Bears Still Suck

How many times must we take this disgrace

Another Bears fan throwing insults in our face

The Packers are the greatest team to ever play the game

Even if from time to time they've been a little lame

How could you ever love a team with Jim McMahon

Not even Porky Pig was as big a ham

They got a reputation that's mostly based on luck

The Bears…Still…Suck

The Bears still suck, the Bears still suck

They really really really really really really suck

Yes the Bears…Still…Suck

If you drive to Soldier Field they make you pay a toll

For cripes sake they only won one lousy Super Bowl

They make fun of Wisconsin, but we don't get upset

Where do you think that they're all headed every chance they get

We don't really hold a grudge 'cause this is all in fun

As far as football rivalries we're both number one

Still we wouldn't mind seeing Ditka run over by a truck

'Cause the Bears…Still…Suck

Yes the Bears…Still…Suck

(All the ladies now) The Bears still suck, the Bears still suck

Yes the Bears…Still…Suck

(Everybody now) The Bears still suck, the Bears still suck

Yes the Bears…Still…Suck…HEY !!

To take the devils advocate perspective.

Take what happens on this message board after a win or loss. If the Bills win the day of the game and the day after its jubilation unbridled optimism. Then two days later the optimism is still there but its slowly coming down. Three days after it becomes more even keel and the perspective of the entire season sets in. The day of a loss and the day after its opposite, everyone sucks and the team is going nowhere. Then two days after the world may not be ending but its going to ****. Then three days after the perspective of the season sets in.

So Bears fans who just suffered an upset are probably just lashing out and taking pot shots at the underdog because in their world the sky is falling.

But screw them go Bills.

Edited by billsfan89

They did play Bon Jovi early on right after the first Bears TD. I thought that it might have been intentional, but my Bears-season-ticket-holding-brother-in-law said they play their stuff all the time.

In somewhat related news, the National Anthem was sung by a guy well-known to Chicagoans for doing it at Blackhawks games -- it was unreal. For some reason, when this guy does the anthem, the fans cheer loudly throughout the entire song, from start to finish. It was absolutely wild. Never seen or heard anything like that.

Living in Chicago now has lent itself to watching a lot more Blackhawks games, and Jim Cornelison is the best in the business at singing the anthem. I get chills every time I attend a Hawks game or even see it on TV, and I challenge anyone to experience it and say that it's not how the anthem should be received by a crowd, but then again, if every place did it, it wouldn't be as special. Nobody really knows where it started but it is the coolest thing I have ever experienced at a live sporting event. Here's an article on the theories of it's origin:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/sports/hockey/how-the-national-anthem-turned-into-a-blackhawks-rallying-cry.html?_r=0

JIm Cornelison is one of the best national anthem singers ever. He belts that baby out with full emotion. Really nice.