Where you watching the opener & what's on the menu ??

I'm watching it at home & there's Spicy Buffalo Cheese dip, spicy turkey teriyaki meatballs, Cheese Fondue (wine) with bread dip / vegetables / fruit. We're also having meatloaf with cheesy potato au gratin, with a whole slew of Absolute Vodka plus several mixers & beer.

So where is everyone else watching the game & having for food ??

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PLACE: At a party in Webster.

FOOD: The hosts' friends are all amateur BBQ nuts who bring over a pretty impressive setup and smoke dozens and dozens rack of ribs. There's a host of sides that I get after pretty good, but I try to reserve most of my stomach space for the ribs.

DRINK: Blue on tap to start, but then I switch over to vino pretty quickly.

Watching at home with the family. Start the morning off with Baileys and coffee, maybe a couple bloody marys, and then it's Labatts blue and Gran Marnier during the game.

I'm doing my "famous" wings (got my sauce recipe from a chef friend of mine...everyone loves it), and Mrs. Hammersticks is doing her incredible buffalo wing dip. I'm sure the wife has something cooking in her noggin for a dessert. Going to be good times.

Home sweet home:

Large brunch and tons of pre game....

1st half: nothing...if I am holding anything during play, it's likely to get thrown at the screen

Halftime...start drinking....usually a broken man by that time.

Game over: some filets on the grill, stuffed peppers, something green, grilled corn on cob. Vino....lots.

Watch 4pm games and wish that was my QB/coach

Menu: Homemade beef on weck, chicken wings (buffalo style), chicken wings (smoked) jalapeño poppers, assorted snackables, cooler full of Labatt's.

Washers and bean bag toss, and a fire in the pit for good measure!

Pretty boring compared to the rest of you :) The same as what we do every game. I record the game and have it strip commercials while we are out doing something then pick up pizza and wings on the way home. We then eat dinner and enjoy the game as a family.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Well, the time difference means that the game will start at 5:00am on Monday morning, New Zealand time.

That being said, I've subscribed to NFL Gamepass so can watch it anytime.

I took the day off from work, so will probably send the kids off to school and the Mrs off to work before I turn it on. (I may even take out the kayak for a couple hours, so don't have to watch it so early.)

At noon, I'll crack open the first brew and light the barbie. Can't wait!!

lets go Buffalo!

Pretty boring compared to the rest of you :) The same as what we do every game. I record the game and have it strip commercials while we are out doing something then pick up pizza and wings on the way home. We then eat dinner and enjoy the game as a family.

Not boring-- that sounds great.

By contrast, I will watch the game alone, with no food and drink, while my wife pops in and out and asks "what's wrong?" and my daughter refuses to take a nap.