TNF! Green Bay at Seattle

YoloinOhio

This is a tone-setter for the season for 2 Super Bowl favorites. I, based on what I witnessed in pre-season, see the Hawks coming out on top. That D was not effected by the rules changed specifically to stop them and their O was on point from the get go. Thank God the Bills don't have the Hawks for another two years.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys did you know instead of trading up to get TJ Grahm in the 3rd rd we could have drafted the QB everyone knew would be a superbowl Champ Russel Wilson.

Just thought I would point that out.

Would have been interesting to see what Chan could have done with a young QB like Wilson who could actually make throws downfield without having to put all of his power into it.

What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs in a pile of leaves?

This needs more love. Well played.

Lucky for me this is on NBC, because my local CBS channel is blacked out in a dispute with DirecTV.

Of course, DirecTV is reneging on their deal to provide me my local channels.

My CBS channel now says to go see DirecTVpromise.com -- sure, that helps me a lot, you SOBs!

It should be a great game.

Hey guys did you know instead of trading up to get TJ Grahm in the 3rd rd we could have drafted the QB everyone knew would be a superbowl Champ Russel Wilson.

Just thought I would point that out.

You've got to be joking! When did that happen and why hasn't anyone pointed that out before or at least prior to that Draft.

What's his name anyway - Rustle?

Lucky for me this is on NBC, because my local CBS channel is blacked out in a dispute with DirecTV.

My CBS channel now says to go see DirecTVpromise.com -- sure, that helps me a lot, you SOBs!

Same here... hoping for a quick resolution with this

You've got to be joking! When did that happen and why hasn't anyone pointed that out before or at least prior to that Draft.

What's his name anyway - Rustle?

I knew he would be a stud. I didnt say SB Champ because Kelly and Marino didnt win it, but I knew he was going to be great. Top 5 pick hands down (and he would have been if he was 3-4 inches taller)

Would have been interesting to see what Chan could have done with a young QB like Wilson who could actually make throws downfield without having to put all of his power into it.

Chan never would have started Wilson as a rookie. I very much doubt more than two NFL coaches would have. I hate Pete Carroll but he really is a great coach and willing to do things that others may not. Chan would have started Fitzy and kept with Fitzy even though he had that history of giving up on Trent after two games. Chan was thoroughly convinced he could win with Fitz.

I knew he would be a stud. I didnt say SB Champ because Kelly and Marino didnt win it, but I knew he was going to be great. Top 5 pick hands down (and he would have been if he was 3-4 inches taller)

I don't think anyone can say they knew Russell Wilson was going to be a stud. Like every GM picking, everyone everywhere thought his height was going to be a factor to some degree in the NFL, it was just going to be a matter of how much did it affect him. I believe you that you thought this guy is absolutely great and I think he is still going to be great in the pros even if he is too small. But to say you knew when there is barely one pick in any draft where the best in the league "know" in a stretch. People can say they knew Luck would be good, IMO.

Well, its NBC here in Richmond with the pissing match with DTV.

Luckily, i still have my antenna, and its a small one that works great, from the old days with DTV when local HD was not offered through the dish and one needed OTA to get locals in HD....eball remembers those days.

I am sure lots of pissed off DTV customers here in Richmond if this game not on tonight, prolly more Seahawks fans here than anywhere outside of Seattle due to Russell Wilson coming from here.

Chan never would have started Wilson as a rookie. I very much doubt more than two NFL coaches would have. I hate Pete Carroll but he really is a great coach and willing to do things that others may not. Chan would have started Fitzy and kept with Fitzy even though he had that history of giving up on Trent after two games. Chan was thoroughly convinced he could win with Fitz.

I don't think anyone can say they knew Russell Wilson was going to be a stud. Like every GM picking, everyone everywhere thought his height was going to be a factor to some degree in the NFL, it was just going to be a matter of how much did it affect him. I believe you that you thought this guy is absolutely great and I think he is still going to be great in the pros even if he is too small. But to say you knew when there is barely one pick in any draft where the best in the league "know" in a stretch. People can say they knew Luck would be good, IMO.

You're wrong Kelly. He beat out Matt Flynn easily in preseason. Only 2 stupid coaches would not put Russel to start over Flynn.

If that is your idea of Chan, then I can understand. But at that time, it was a no brainer for any coach.

The drafting part would be more gutsy. Not the playing him over Flynn though.

Me too. That would be awesome to hear a quieted "12th Man."

Nah not me. I'm rooting for Beast Mode, Russel Wilson, and Richard Sherman. I loved when Sherman got on Brady's face. Loved it! Dont care for the coach, but dont hate him either.

Since I have become a true "player hater", I'll tell you who I hate.

Percy Harvin. The guy is treated like hall of fame. He has a few catches then goes out on migraines. It's not that I dont feel for sorry for that aspect of his health, but the nfl makes him out to be the best wr of all time. (Yeah I know, not exactly, but almost)

The sorry part is he will most likely land some big ass contract that's not warranted. Player is not reliable. Yeah he'll be a bill when he's all gassed out and the bills will pay a fortune to get him.

I like Aaron Rodgers a lot. He's the #2 qb in the league imo. But I dont think they'll beat the hawks in Seattle.

You're wrong Kelly. He beat out Matt Flynn easily in preseason. Only 2 stupid coaches would not put Russel to start over Flynn.

If that is your idea of Chan, then I can understand. But at that time, it was a no brainer for any coach.

The drafting part would be more gutsy. Not the playing him over Flynn though.

I think Russell Wilson is a freak of nature. He's my favorite non Bill. I just don't believe for a second that many coaches would have started him as a rookie 3rd rounder, who still hadn't proven in real games that his height was not going to be a factor, over a 25m free agent they just signed. And Wilson started pretty slow. He had one good game in his first four. A lot of fans wanted him benched after his fourth game when he had three INTs and a 45 QB rating and had yet to throw for over 160 yards.

I am amped for this game - 1st real game of the season and what a great matchup! Got a couple fantasy guys playing tonight too.

The last matchup of these teams in Seattle was the "fail Mary" with the replacement refs. GB Is starting a rookie center who has never snapped to Rodgers in a game.

Should be fun!

Should be a great game, YOLO, not just because of the two teams, but because they are not playing on a short week which was a problem for many Thursday games last year.

...man, it was a nice surprise coming home on Thursdays and then realizing, "wait, we got football tonight!"

@SInow

#Packers or #Seahawks? Don Banks makes his pick for the season opener (via @DonBanks) http://on.si.com/1r7WEVW

pic.twitter.com/CnEj26b7Pf

@Edwerderespn

#Seahawks CB @RSherman_25 told me ironic teams complained about D holding and now rule emphasized and everyone but Seattle being called

Edited by 26CornerBlitz