New Buffalo News Beat Reporter is.... Vic Carucci!!!

theesir

Given that he's the coauthor of Jim Kelly’s Armed and Dangerous, Fred Smerlas’ By a Nose, and Conrad Dobler’s They Call Me Dirty, I'm looking forward to The Legend of Kiko Alonso. If only he had been around during the Ko Simpson years -- we all could have enjoyed I'm Worth Millions!

While I think Carucci is fine, I think I prefer Gaughan.

I am the opposite. Thrilled he's back. Too bad it was not to replace Sullivan.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine a writer leaving Buffalo and ending up working for the Browns. What kind of guy changes his media outlet like that? And now he comes back and expects us to welcome him? Clearly a turncoat.

;) kidding

Glad he's back.

Edited by BillsVet

kpaPdVza_normal.jpegLisa Wilson @lisabellwilson · 2h

So Vic replaces Mark on the beat. Our coverage team will be @viccarucci, @JaySkurski, @ByTimGraham and @TBNSully.

I don't understand what college sports Mark Gaughan is doing? UB football, Little Three basketball?

He's been great since he took over for Vic, and I really would have liked this lineup to be Vic and Mark in and Sully and Graham out.

Someone would rather cover the Bickering Bad News Bills than Johnny Merica!?

Great news, always liked Carucci. I'm sure he'll keep his gig on Sirius too, so we'll get a little more insight on occasion...

Great news. This helps TBN try to recapture the credibility they lose each day with Sully, Bucky, and Harrington.

Vic is a real pro. We have been lucky to have guys like Vic, Jim Kelley, and Larry Felser. I also like Gaughan and Graham for the most part, but Sully, Bucky, and Harrington are just awful.

Welcome home Vic.

This is a big loss in my opinion. Gaughan was my favorite writer at the News. Never read the Buffalo News when Vic Carruci was there previously, so I don't know how this nets out exactly.

I'm with you. Gaughan's the best right now............I wonder how much Vic has left on his fastball.

I truly think Gaughan is a better reporter. Moving from the Bills to generic college sports is clearly a demotion (unless Gaughan prefers the college beat, which is possible). Armed and Dangerous is one of the worst books I've ever finished, although Vic certainly isn't wholly to blame for that. In terms of writing style, though, Vic loves the cliches (as I recall).

Edited by dave mcbride