Gilmore..What grade do you give him up to this point..

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The second half of his rookie year he was doing pretty well. After the cast came off his arm last year he did pretty well, but its seemed as though he didn't want to grab with his weak hand to make tackles. This year is the critical year to see if he can live up to his draft position. So far I give him a B-. If he was drafted a round or two later, I would give him a B+.

physical and toughness very solid

less ball hawking than I expected

better than Leodis was at this stage in the game and he turned it up nicely these past few years

Webster Guy , nice post. I shall work off this premise .

1 I also think he is mentally very good. Mentally tough and is able to maintain that even after a mistake. Very important for DB , if i understand the position correctly . Relied on his hands too much but he can learn. And will.

2 The ball hawking is not a concern for me. Ball awarenessis .He can do better with it seems. He is player focused which is amazing how well he has done and scary too kinda.

3 Better than My Man Leodis was ? Heck yes. QBs respect him more than some of us. I am pleased about that actually.

I cant rate him or Leo at tis point . its a new DC. again . But i am going watch both of these guys closely starting Sunday.

21 Locked Down 24.

Island or shutdown are just unreasonable for any player to live up to.

Can he play one on one on the boundary , edge , outside ?

Yes at this point we have two cornerbacks that can do that. Donnie Henderson has my faith our DBs will do very well this year

Edited by 3rdand12