Captains announced

eball

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we wait until EJ proves himself on the field before making him a captain?

also

Can we refrain from how dissapointing it is that EJ isnt a captain before he gets a chance to prove himself?

That's kind of a chicken/egg problem though, isn't it? How will we know when our disappointment should start? I'm hoping that when the time comes they give EJ a "C" patch on his jersey so that we know.

That's kind of a chicken/egg problem though, isn't it? How will we know when our disappointment should start? I'm hoping that when the time comes they give EJ a "C" patch on his jersey so that we know.

The "Chicken/Egg" problem isn't really a riddle or a problem. The chicken came first, not the egg.

Tbh I could see some people seeing it as a negative if he WAS named captain already by his peers. Something Iike, "what the heck has he done to earn that yet? This team has gone without a franchise QB for so long they think this kid has already arrived! Clearly Whaley rigged the vote!"

These are all guys who have proven themselves as Pros. I expect EJ will be named a captain if and when he does the same.

[/thread]

Except I want to add:

FFS, you people would have complained if he HAD BEEN NAMED CAPTAIN anyway, based on his not having earned it.

Tbh I could see some people seeing it as a negative if he WAS named captain already by his peers. Something Iike, "what the heck has he done to earn that yet? This team has gone without a franchise QB for so long they think this kid has already arrived! Clearly Whaley rigged the vote!"

Same wavelength...

why bait people? Which is exactly what you did. man, can there be a thread without EJ, but you feel the need to "predict" EXACTLY what happened. How clairvoyant you must feel. sadly, I understand all your kool aid laced diatribes and attacks on other posters. No need to keep supplying ammunition. Which was the point of your post. You didn't even name the captains but felt it was important to bring up a topic so old, toxic, and boring. As for the captains you know the title of your thread! If Your phone could not cut and paste then type them in. There aren't that many. it was a troll post IMO. Disguised to be a told you so EJ thread. Good job.

Look, please not lump me into your why "half of you follow the team". If that was your intention. Since every year after they are eliminated you are GONE until the next kool aid season begins. The losing tradition of a crap team is too much to handle?

So, drink up kool aid season ends in 6 days. meaning real football instead of silly speculation on predicting how a poster may comment on some Bills QB.

/out

There are a number of you who despise anyone who tries to keep an optimistic viewpoint about this team. What I post is hardly of the kool-aid variety. I'm here because I enjoy the Bills -- once they are eliminated from playoff contention the board becomes absolutely unreadable, and that's why I spend my winter and spring in other pursuits. I am a positive but realistic person and I have no time for the flood of negativity that surrounds this place once another season is down the tubes.

Until that happens, however, I'll continue to have fun with this place. And that includes making light of how utterly predictable the negative ninnies are.

I think it is an absolute non-story that six veteran, all-pro caliber players were chosen as captains of the Bills instead of a 2nd year QB with 9.5 games of experience. And yet it was all too easy to see where this would lead.

Go Bills!

Except I want to add:

FFS, you people would have complained if he HAD BEEN NAMED CAPTAIN anyway, based on his not having earned it.

Yup.

There are a number of you who despise anyone who tries to keep an optimistic viewpoint about this team. What I post is hardly of the kool-aid variety. I'm here because I enjoy the Bills -- once they are eliminated from playoff contention the board becomes absolutely unreadable, and that's why I spend my winter and spring in other pursuits. I am a positive but realistic person and I have no time for the flood of negativity that surrounds this place once another season is down the tubes.

Until that happens, however, I'll continue to have fun with this place. And that includes making light of how utterly predictable the negative ninnies are.

I think it is an absolute non-story that six veteran, all-pro caliber players were chosen as captains of the Bills instead of a 2nd year QB with 9.5 games of experience. And yet it was all too easy to see where this would lead.

Go Bills!

OK, well done, then. I was taking you seriously.

Go Bills!

Well said, and by the way, also all too predictably, Joe B has started the media barrage on EJ not being named captain.

@thurmanthomas: Wrong..RT @MontThendo: @thurmanthomas says more that ej isn't a captain though.

@thurmanthomas: #Jimbo wasn't a captain every year.. #CarryOn RT @jvs74761: @MontThendo @thurmanthomas how? He's a second year player?

Edited by YoloinOhio

Don't know if it's been said yet, but I would bet my life that EJ voted for Fred as offensive captain. The idea that anyone would think his teammates would make a guy with less than 2/3's of a season's experience under his belt a team captain is absurd. Find something fresh wrong with him, will ya?

Edited by mikeyarch

Go Bills!

Russell Wilson was named Captain before the start if his second season...

@ChrisBrownBills: Captaincy nothing new for Corey Graham http://t.co/bXQ9z1848e

He's been Captain for 3 teams in the past 4 seasons.....

He should have said "you know what? I'm giving it to Leodis!"

Edited by Mr. WEO