Captains announced

eball

No but perhaps the term uncontested starter would fit?

Weren't there many stories of Big Ben being very disliked by teammates? I remember stories of him even refusing to sign for teammates charity events. From the stories that came out during his rape issues, he came across as far from a leader early in his career.

Brady being his 3rd season or 3rd starting? As a rookie he sat, took over unexpectedly year 2 and came into year 3 a starter is why I ask. Doesn't make a big difference, but curious since it's being used as an example.

3rd year overall, 2002. Stretching to make a point? Perhaps. But the larger point is that being a team captain has little to do with being a leader on the field, regardless of position. It's about locker room politics.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even without a C, teammates say E.J. Manuel a “great leader”: http://profootballta...a-great-leader/

Likewise, running back Fred Jackson (who was one of the captains) said he’s been impressed with Manuel’s work.

“He’s a great leader. He breaks down the offense and things like that all the time. Gives us knowledge,” Jackson said. “It’s just one of those things, when we have a lot of veteran leadership on the team. In time, he’ll definitely be named a captain at some point.”

Why didn't the "media" try manufacturing the same story last year? Where were all the raised eyebrows when EJ wasn't named a captain then?

Anyone with a clue knows why they are manufacturing a story this year; it fits their narrative.

GO BILLS!!!

I think that's just more Fred Jackson being a leader.

I'd still like to know who the "staffers and players" are who supposedly went to Marrone and/or Whaley late last season to tell them EJ doesn't have what it takes to be a starting QB -- according to Jason Cole.

I'd hazard a guess that on the player side of things, the name begins with a "Stevie" and ends with a "Johnson."

I'd still like to know who the "staffers and players" are who supposedly went to Marrone and/or Whaley late last season to tell them EJ doesn't have what it takes to be a starting QB -- according to Jason Cole.

I'd hazard a guess that on the player side of things, the name begins with a "Stevie" and ends with a "Johnson."

Maybe it was Colin Brown.

Stevie and Ike Hilliard.

Good call. His departure was very weird and it was obvious there was a fight of some sort. That could be it.

Watch the replay of the Tampa Bay game last season. Focus on the receivers on every snap. That is why Ike Hilliard is no longer around.

GO BILLS!!!

Watch the replay of the Tampa Bay game last season. Focus on the receivers on every snap. That is why Ike Hilliard is no longer around.

GO BILLS!!!

Marrone probably smacked Hilliard and asked him why the heck TJ Graham jumps up to catch the ball with his stomach. Hilliard said it is because EJ just wasn't good enough.