Ryan Mallett Traded to the Texans for Conditional 2016 7th

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@jeffphowe

The Patriots had trade discussions with the Texans, Cowboys and Bills, per source.

Interesting. If I had to guess this was due diligence when looking for a backup QB when it was just Lewis and Tuel, but they obviously weren't willing to give up a lot and I'm sure the Pats* wanted a lot it Mallet was traded within the division.

Mallet is going to be a good player. Patriots wouldn't have been able to afford to pay him after this season. Savage and Mallet. This is a good example of filling a pipeline with legitimate hopefuls (you know not second stringers from Washington st. and undertalented guys like thad lewis and dixon)

Mallet is going to be a good player. Patriots wouldn't have been able to afford to pay him after this season. Savage and Mallet. This is a good example of filling a pipeline with legitimate hopefuls (you know not second stringers from Washington st. and undertalented guys like thad lewis and dixon)

That's why he was a 3rd round pick, played lousy most of the time he played in preseason, was beat out by a rookie and then traded for a #6 pick. And yes, I did know and took into consideration they were going to lose him next year. They were going to lose him because they didn't want him.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Per league sources it was a 6th round pick

Bill belicheat and the pats* are a bunch of geniuses. See how they turned a 3rd round pick on a QB that they didn't need into a higher draft pick? Oh wait...

That's why he was a fourth round pick, played lousy most of the time he played in preseason, was beat out by a rookie and then traded for a #6 pick. And yes, I did know and took into consideration they were going to lose him next year. They were going to lose him because they didn't want him.

He was a third round pick. Since you don't have basic facts correct, I don't care about your opinion. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

So the hoodie got took. I think they used a 3rd

Round pick on him. He got a 6th round pick in return. That a boy Bill

We used a third on TJ Graham and got um nothing for him. That a boy Dougie and Buddy.

He was a third round pick. Since you don't have basic facts correct, I don't care about your opinion. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

We used a third on TJ Graham and got um nothing for him. That a boy Dougie and Buddy.

QB trade value and WR trade value are slightly different Edited by YoloinOhio

I didn't remember clearly and saw Yolo above state it was 4th so I typed 4th. And Yolo usually knows what he is talking about so I don't feel bad about throwing him under the bus. ;)

As soon as I saw that someone corrected him I edited and changed it to a third round. Same result though, you're not highly considered a solid QB prospect if you are drafted in the third or fourth, even if there are some outliers that do eventually make it.

Mallet has been terrible in preseason games overall with brief glimpses of the one thing he does well. The Pats have been trying to trade him forever and couldn't and now got a sixth round pick. That's all you need to know.

Nothing to see here. I loved Mallett coming out. However, even sitting behind Brady the kid never seemed to learn anything. Anyone could see the pick from day one was meant to be used as a trade chip and Mallett just never was able to showcase anything. When given looks in practice and pre season and never showed anything.

Hence why he was moved for a 6th rounder and still isnt going to start in Houston.

We can still get Terelle Pryer

Come on guys a #6 is a steal. The Texans should go to prison over that trade.

Mallett can throw the long ball as well as any young QB in the league, maybe Luck is a little better, Sammy would have been very happy.

So the hoodie got took. I think they used a 3rd

Round pick on him. He got a 6th round pick in return. That a boy Bill

Yeah, look at those morons in New England, drafting another backup quaterback every five years. Like that's ever helped them in the long run!

We can still get Terelle Pryer

Come on guys a #6 is a steal. The Texans should go to prison over that trade.

Mallett can throw the long ball as well as any young QB in the league, maybe Luck is a little better, Sammy would have been very happy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: