It is obvious the Bills are not status quo anymore

With all the moves, trades, cuts, etc it is very obvious this team is about winning. I live the Orton signing and the release of those 3 awful back up QB's. Who else is glad TJ Graham is gone? I for one certainly am. What other moves does everyone like/dislike? Oh, Moorman was at the Bulls game today and my son met him, got his pic and he autographed it. What a classy guy and a great member of our community. Go Bills!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the moves, trades, cuts, etc it is very obvious this team is about winning. I live the Orton signing and the release of those 3 awful back up QB's. Who else is glad TJ Graham is gone? I for one certainly am. What other moves does everyone like/dislike? Oh, Moorman was at the Bulls game today and my son met him, got his pic and he autographed it. What a classy guy and a great member of our community. Go Bills!

I am glad Legursky is gone and in another thread mentioned that Chris Williams IMO won't make it as LG. There is problems on the o-line. getting Orton (why did that take so long) certainly inspires at least some confidence in a injury situation.

Also, Moorman is a awesome guy and did a lot for the community.

Our o-line is poor and the tight ends are weak. Needed to sign a quality guard in free agency and it did not happen. Our guards may be among the worst in the NFL.

Worst guards in NFL? I'm curious to see your 32 team rankings and analysis.

Edited by The Big Cat

Worst guards in NFL? I'm curious to see your 32 team rankings and analysis.

That one's easy, I'll do it for him.

#1: Every other team. Hall of fame caliber guards, Pro Bowl caliber backups, all selected after our draft picks, making our selections terrible

#32: Us. Starters belong on minor league arena football league 2nd string, backups are both incontinant and aided the rise of The Third Reicht.

That one's easy, I'll do it for him.

#1: Every other team. Hall of fame caliber guards, Pro Bowl caliber backups, all selected after our draft picks, making our selections terrible

#32: Us. Starters belong on minor league arena football league 2nd string, backups are both incontinant and aided the rise of The Third Reicht.

Fantastic analysis! :w00t:

You're going to attract a tremendous following here if you keep that up. :lol:

I would have liked the Kyle Orton move four weeks ago!

They tried. He wouldn't bite. That bit of news came out yesterday, that they have been trying to sign him for over a month. I assume it was a combination of him playing the waiting game to see if there were any injuries like the Bradford one where suddenly a team needed a starter, combined with the Bills upping the ante.

I'll try to look at the bright side of things...even though the front office looks ridiculous for making some of these moves so late I agree with the thread title. If it is true they have been pursuing Orton for so long than at least they were tenacious and did not give up until they got him. By the way, if that is true wasn't he under contract with the Cowboys and isn't that illegal?

I'll try to look at the bright side of things...even though the front office looks ridiculous for making some of these moves so late I agree with the thread title. If it is true they have been pursuing Orton for so long than at least they were tenacious and did not give up until they got him. By the way, if that is true wasn't he under contract with the Cowboys and isn't that illegal?

He left the Cowboys in June.

They didn't want to get him killed in the preseason.

I would bet money on Orton not wanting to sign ANYWHERE until right around now. Why go through training camp if you don't have to when you've been in the league so long and know there's interest?

I'm glad this organization has dedicated itself to winning and is finally getting down to business after the last 14 seasons.

Edited by BillsVet

Did anyone think the signing of Chris Williams was a good signing for the Bills? PFF's list of free agent guards had Chris Williams rated at -21.8 for this play in 2013 and listed him as the 32nd best free agent guard out of 36. To my knowledge, Pears has never played guard in the NFL and his performance in the preseason game against Tampa Bay was negatively rated with a negative description of this play by PFF, noting that he "struggled."

Welcome to the last 18 months. This isn't new, people just refused to acknowledge it until now for some reason. They proved this when they hired Whaley, got rid of Fitz, drafted Kiko in the 2nd (who had off field issues) then Duke in the 4th (also off field issues)...etc etc.

This hasn't been the same team since Brandon took over for Ralph. We have greatly increased the talent on this team, staff, and FO since Brandon took over. If EJ, or some other player, can stabilize the QB position, we are certainly a playoff team and will contend for the division title.

I'm glad this organization has dedicated itself to winning and is finally getting down to business after the last 14 seasons.

I agree, say what you want since Russ took over and Doug*2 came aboard. Old style of business would never have wacked TJ today so they could save face.