Kyle Orton rumor [update : now signed]

YoloinOhio

People can't talk about one QB without comparing others. It's the worst. And everyone--myself included--has been guilty of it. But it leads to every thread being a bashfest. I bet poor, innocent, we never knew 'ye, Jordan Palmer was bashed in here at one point too.

Problem is, it's not just about topics related to QB . even discussing WRs or TEs immediately goes into a tangent of 'what's the point if the QB can't get him the ball'.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ will see him start sooner than later.

he has control over the situation. Orton is here as insurance and a better option than Thad or Tuel. But they need to play EJ just as the jets need to play geno. If EJ really struggles I am sure they will consider it, but I don't see it happening early.

But for everyone upset about the coaches not pushing EJ with the quality of backups they have, that is not the case anymore.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Love this. I really do. Good job Doug Whaley. I don't think he's a "great" QB, but I believe, right now, he's a better QB than Ej. I hope he starts once he gets the playbook down......that is, if Ej doesn't produce wins. 1-3 start with Ej faltering and orton might get the nod.

It appears that the Bills have been wooing him since early on in camp but it took quite a bit to get him here. The article sounds as though they believe that Orton was brought in to start at some point. Interesting. It's a Yahoo! article so take it how you will.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kyle-orton-contract-numbers-tops-133140474.html

It appears that the Bills have been wooing him since early on in camp but it took quite a bit to get him here. The article sounds as though they believe that Orton was brought in to start at some point. Interesting. It's a Yahoo! article so take it how you will.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kyle-orton-contract-numbers-tops-133140474.html

the article is speculating but it makes sense. They broke the bank to get him because they don't know what they have yet in EJ and they traded away their 1st rounder next year with the belief they finally have a playoff team. If EJ wins, orton is injury insurance. If he can't then I don't doubt they will consider turning to him. They probably have a point in the season already determined on when they will make that call.