landon cohen cut?

They have not made the final cuts yet, but supposing Hogan does make it, would you rather have six WRs or five DTs?

I'd rather have no Chris Hogan.

As for Cohen, he made some nice plays this pre-season, but I won't really miss him either.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dallas Cowboys seem like the proper landing spot for this fine player.

The Cowboys have a real bad Defense. I really liked him a lot did not think

he would get cut. This guy has a high motor and just keeps going. It's really

To bad he was one of the best stories of the Bills training camp.

Considering he spent last year with the Cowboys and they didn't keep him should be a sign.

Charles or Cohen was the choice. I'm sure Charles has more upside.

Actually, I think that Charles is Dareus's backup at the 1 technique while Bryant and Cohen play Williams's 3 technique. So I think it was Bryant vs Cohen. Honestly, to me Charles has shown the least of the three anyway, IMO.

Edited by vincec

Actually, I think that Charles is Dareus's backup at the 1 technique while Bryant and Cohen play Williams's 3 technique. So I think it was Bryant vs Cohen. Honestly, to me Charles has shown the least of the three anyway, IMO.

thats why I said upside. Charles is raw, coming from Canada with very little experience with pro level competition. They don't want to lose him. Edited by TPS

They have not made the final cuts yet, but supposing Hogan does make it, would you rather have six WRs or five DTs?

With one DT likely facing a suspension I would think keep the extra DT, I thought he was the best story of an otherwise dismal preseason. It was a pretty tall order getting signed the day before camp started and making this roster on the defensive line, but I thought he had pulled it off..... Hopefully somebody signs him he deserves a shot.

When I saw that he was cut I thought WTF?

CBF

Agreed. But maybe they will bring him back. I heard Murph interview Andrew Brandt, former exec with the Packers, who talked about how teams will cut some vets so their salary isn't guaranteed for the year, and bring them back after week 1. I'm not sure we've seen the last of Cohen. And I hope he is back. But at the same time, Bryant and Charles have been lights out too, against starters, have been with organization for some time already, and if the Bills keep five tackles what other position loses a player? Won't be the RB's or CB's. Between Williams, Dareus, Bryant and Charles there aren't a lot of snaps to go around.

Edited by purple haze

I too am very surprised to see him cut as I thought/think he's a stud. Perhaps the Bills are trying to do him a solid by cutting him now so he has a better chance to hook on elsewhere?

When else would they cut him later?

I really wanted him to be the real deal... Too bad they didn't play him with the starters, it would have been nice to see if he could handle the other teams #1's...

He's played in real games before. You could watch those. I'm not sure the front office should make decisions based on us being able to better evaluate guys.

When else would they cut him later?

He's played in real games before. You could watch those. I'm not sure the front office should make decisions based on us being able to better evaluate guys.

Oh come now! Because they have done such a great job the past 2 years---and otherwise this off season?

Ok so explain to me this. Throughout the WHOLE preseason, Cohen makes tackle for loss after tackle for loss, sack, fumble return etc. You (well really I mean I) see him everytime he's on the field because of his red shirt under his jersey and on every single play you see him fighting to get to the ball carrier.

What I want to know is, how does this man not get a job as a Buffalo Bill? What else could he have done?

Is Landon Cohen eligible for the practice squad?

He's been around for years, and I don't know the rules. He would be a great guy to have around in case of injury. Plus he wrote "Hallelujah."

From what I see has been an active player in over 20 games since 2008...there's no way I would assume he is eligible.

quad, they have to add them to the active roster.

What makes a player eligible for a practice squad?

A player is eligible if he does not have an accrued season of NFL experience. Players gain an accrued season by being on the active roster for at least six games.

If a player has one accrued season, they can still be practice squad eligible if they were on the 45-man active gameday roster for less than nine regular season games.

A player is deemed to have served a season on the practice squad if he remains on the practice squad for at least three weeks. Players are eligible to be on the practice squad for two seasons.

Edited by JM57