Sammy's ribs

YoloinOhio

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I did not see the game but,

I saw the replay where he got "hurt" again.

- It wasn't much of a hit, and the way he was holding his ribs it looked like the Jacket was bothering him more than an injury. he had both hands up evenly, if one side hurt wouldn't he be favoring one way or the other? He seemed to be trying to adjust the jacket or it was too constricting.

-Is it possible that he was just trying out the jacket in a preseason game to see if he cold wear it in the regular season if necessary, and it was just uncomfortable so he came out.

"Once the trainers cleared him to play, I was excited about it," Marrone said. "You never know. X-rays, tests, things like that. Shows up one day, doesn't show up the next day. Could be out, could be in. Depends on the player. Could be a week, could be four-to-six weeks, could be longer. I'm not getting into all of that.

That's some good stuff, right there.

Hate to say it, but as someone who cracked a rib a couple years ago, he's right on the money. Ribs are a funny thing - they might feel 100% healed and great, then one twist the wrong way and you FEEL THE PAIN! Hell, I had to sleep sitting up for a month...

To me, the fact that he was out there playing says he's not broke off, just in pain. Hopefully they can hop him up on some goofballs before the first game!

And regarding the Flack Jacket, people are acting like he was wearing this because he was in pain or to help his injury heal or something. I'm sure it was the opposite - he was wearing it because he felt no pain and wanted to be cautious. And who knows, maybe it was the jacket that was causing him some of the pain.

Guess we'll know more in a few days when we roll to Chicago!

Also, let me throw in that I'm amazed that no one one TBD has labeled him "injury prone" yet :D

Edited by Heitz

Put Watkins on IR, make him the designated one to return the second half. No hurt players.........gettem well before sticking them out there. Stupid putting him in the preseason unless they wanted to see how it went. We saw, and that will open the roster for TJ Graham. Not out of the question.

I bet we find out this week that Sammy has a hairline fracture in his ribs and we will be told it is a new injury not related to previous one.. Out 4-6 weeks.....

I hate you BBM1, because it sounds like you speak the truth and Bills bad and stupid-self-inflicted luck all in one comment above.

Please let me blame the messenger because it is getting boring blaming this team.

...just kidding, brother.

BTW, someone should be all over the name "Sammy's Ribs" for their board name.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Put Watkins on IR, make him the designated one to return the second half. No hurt players.........gettem well before sticking them out there. Stupid putting him in the preseason unless they wanted to see how it went. We saw, and that will open the roster for TJ Graham. Not out of the question.

yes, before we know anything about anything, lets put him on IR. The logic here never fails to amaze...

He's going to play against Chicago. And I'd be happy to place a wager on that with any of the posters calling Marrone an idiot.

That I guess would be me. But, I didn't call Marrone an idiot I called him what he is a moron. No one will ever confuse him with say Bill Walsh, or choose tour own legit coach here __________. ______________.

Sorry I don't gamble but I do know the risk versus gain reward last night would have minimal at best, since the QB is not ready for primetime. Or is that Just a smokescreen too?

After all it was just a meaningless scrimmage right? Why risk your best assets running "vanilla" plays? How did that work out?