Sammy's ribs

YoloinOhio

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think the trainers know the most basic element of rib injuries?

Well, based on Sammy wincing in obvious pain and not returning to the game after a minor hit I have to question it.

Why Chandler and Gilmore sat out http://wp.me/plmrg-aqX

I just assumed that they sat Gilmore to avoid the embarrassment of him potentially getting injured and missing the first 4-6 weeks. You know....then part way through the season he comes back in with a club fist cast on his arm.....been there...done that......If that happened again, someone would hang this staff.

Marrone said he wanted to give him and EJ more time to work together since they havent had much of a chance so far in thr preseason.

EJ had 7 attempts last night.

7 attempts

You risk further injury to your #1 pick for 7 attempts???

CBF

As many have said here, Watkins would have been cleared by the medical staff. I don't have any qualms with Marrone trying to get some work between EJ and Watkins. It's a tough game for tough people.

Marrone said he wanted to give him and EJ more time to work together since they havent had much of a chance so far in thr preseason.

EJ had 7 attempts last night.

7 attempts

You risk further injury to your #1 pick for 7 attempts???

CBF

combined pass attempts of Brady, Brees and Rodgers last night ?.....zero.

marrone is an idiot.

This was my number 1 concern about Sammy. It's in my post history. Basically, I think he's a special talent he can't invite contact in the pros like he did in college, he will keep getting hurt. He's not big enough for that. I want him to succeed but the coaches really might have banged a nail into there coffin by playing him today.

Edited by SJDK

The main reason I was surprised they played Watkins is because we went through a major injury to a high draft pick in preseason before when Gilmore got hurt. Then Gilmore was out for weeks. And everyone was questioning why Gilmore was even in there in that preseason game. You would think that they would have learned their lesson from that Gilmore situation. Obviously they weren't using history as a guide for this decision on whether to play Sammy or not. Fans will revolt if they see their favorite draft pick get hurt in a nearly worthless preseason situation.