Sammy's ribs

YoloinOhio

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or I can't understand if he thinks Sammy should have played or should not have played since he says:

Sammy will never be 100% until Maybe OTAs.

. . . As a result of playing him yesterday.

That was a Washington Generals type of move.

. . . As a result of playing him yesterday.

That was a Washington Generals type of move.

Okay, but what I don't understand is how rib injuries never heal, he suffered a rib injury, but somehow not playing last night would have helped it heal.

There's a gap in the logic there.

Okay, but what I don't understand is how rib injuries never heal, he suffered a rib injury, but somehow not playing last night would have helped it heal.

There's a gap in the logic there.

There isn't.

Rib injuries do heal. Rib injuries heal by rest. Giving Sammy a solid month of no contact MAY allow Sammy's ribs to heal. (Its probably not his actual Rib Bones that are injured it is probably the muscle systems around his ribs that are injured and causing pain)

Having grown men dive at Sammy's midsection (remember no more headhunting in the NFL) and throwing him to the ground where his midsection will come into violent contact with the ground does not qualify as resting.

So on Week 1 when he is thrown to the ground by a grown man he will re-aggravate the rib injury, then in week 2 when he is thrown to the ground by a grown man, he will re-aggravate the rib injury, then in week 3 when he is thrown to the ground by a grown man, he will re-aggravate the rib injury and repeat until the end of the season. He will not have time for the ribs to heal unless he misses games.

So if he did not play Yesterday he could have 3 weeks of no contact until Week 1. Here is the big decision point for OBD, Sammy could have missed 1 regular season game and got 1 month of no contact if he missed week 1. Where as throughout the rest of the year he would have to miss at least 3 regular season games (+BYE week) in order to get 1 solid month of rest.

Which is a greater loss Sammy missing 1 game in order to achieve a solid month to heal or Sammy missing atleast 3 games to get a solid month to heal?

You do raise a good point though, Sammy will definitely learn to play with injuries this year. That is for sure.

Edited by Why So Serious?

He's fine.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Sammy Watkins "should be good to go" after re-injuring his ribs in Thursday's preseason finale.

The rib injury was an aggravation, but it sounds like Watkins is merely day to day with over a week to go before Buffalo's opener. The Bills visit the Bears on Sunday, September 7 to start the season. Expect Watkins to play outside at "X" receiver, with Mike Williams at "Z." Both Bills wideouts will be hard to trust on a weekly basis in fantasy due to E.J. Manuel's deficient passing.

There isn't.

Rib injuries do heal. Rib injuries heal by rest. Giving Sammy a solid month of no contact MAY allow Sammy's ribs to heal. (Its probably not his actual Rib Bones that are injured it is probably the muscle systems around his ribs that are injured and causing pain)

Having grown men dive at Sammy's midsection (remember no more headhunting in the NFL) and throwing him to the ground where his midsection will come into violent contact with the ground does not qualify as resting.

So on Week 1 when he is thrown to the ground by a grown man he will re-aggravate the rib injury, then in week 2 when he is thrown to the ground by a grown man, he will re-aggravate the rib injury, then in week 3 when he is thrown to the ground by a grown man, he will re-aggravate the rib injury and repeat until the end of the season. He will not have time for the ribs to heal unless he misses games.

Well, both hits were borderline illegal. He's been practicing. I'm not sure what exactly we're trying to protect him from since I don't believe YOU believe that any extra "rest' would allow his ribs to be tender-free contact or no contact for week one and beyond.

But the whole thing is moot anyways because LIKE I'VE BEEN SAYING, he'll be lined up week one anyways.

So, per always, Bills fans have worked themselves into a tizzy over something that could have but didn't happen.

Edited by The Big Cat

Well, both hits were borderline illegal. He's been practicing. I'm not sure what exactly we're trying to protect him from since I don't believe YOU believe that any extra "rest' would allow his ribs to be tender-free contact or no contact for week one and beyond.

But the whole thing is moot anyways because LIKE I'VE BEEN SAYING, he'll be lined up week one anyways.

So, per always, Bills fans have worked themselves into a tizzy over something that could have but didn't happen.

Correct, there is nothing anyone can do about OBD incompetence except B word and moan. It is just the painfully stupid moves that continuously pile up that make this franchise a joke.

Most of the NFL rested their 1s yesterday, but the Bills stroll out their injured 2014 and 2015 first round pick, only to . . . Suprise . . . suprise . . . get him re-injured on his first minor contact.

BTW - I don't know what was illegal about either hit. They were actually pretty weak in the bigger scheme of things.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Correct, there is nothing anyone can do about OBD incompetence except B word and moan. It is just the painfully stupid moves that continuously pile up that make this franchise a joke.

Most of the NFL rested their 1s yesterday, but the Bills stroll out their injured 2014 and 2015 first round pick, only to , Suprise, suprise, get him reinjured on his first minor contact.

BTW - I don't know what was illegal about either hit. They were actually pretty weak in the bigger scheme of things.

And what was the consequence of that re-injury? What are you complaining about?

i didn't see it last night-- but in the steelers game, he was barely touched too. I am starting to believe the speculation that the injury happened in a practice and just continued to be re-aggravated when there is even minor contact.

I think you misremember the play. It was a slant where the DB grabbed his facemask and the LB (Shazier) jumped and put a knee right in Sammy's lower side, it was a bang bang play so it didn't seem like a big hit but, as it turned out, it was a very precise hit.

• 3 weeks later...

Looked like Sammy was really playing through it (in phenomenal fashion). Has anyone heard any updates on how the ribs are this week? Probably won't know much until after Wednesday practice...

He's still hurt. I actually heard yesterday, second or third hand information mind you, that the Bills doctor said he has a fractured rib. It's probably not going to get worse. He's playing through tremendous pain now.

He's still hurt. I actually heard yesterday, second or third hand information mind you, that the Bills doctor said he has a fractured rib. It's probably not going to get worse. He's playing through tremendous pain now.

Much respect for Sammy.

Like I said in August. He will not be 100% until maybe OTAs.

He is playing through a lot of pain. It has got to light up the locker room though. When you see a guy going through what he is going through and laying it on the line on gameday. It makes you look in the mirror and get over your little bumps and bruises that much faster. It has got to make the team want to go out there and make Sammy's sacraifice worth it with a win.

Again, he is just earning a lot of respect with me, I knew he could ball watching him in college but didn't know he had this kind of heart.