Round 3: Sale of the team

Beerball

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet as we speak they are trying to find out whether or not Pegula can own both the Sabres and Bills. That's probably what the hold up is. They need to google it. Too bad we didn't find that out months ago. I'm surprised none of you brought this up

I bet as we speak they are trying to find out whether or not Pegula can own both the Sabres and Bills. That's probably what the hold up is. They need to google it. Too bad we didn't find that out months ago. I'm surprised none of you brought this up

Mother trucker. I knew it was too good to be true.

Pegs plan is to develop all of downtown Buffalo. Own the Sabres and the Bills. Then move the entire city to Toronto.

I don't think you're allowed to own two cities in the same location.

Not to worry on this point as my understanding is that NFL rules do prohibit ownership of franchises in other sports but make an exception for owning stakes in other sport franchises in the same town. I read this interpretation in an article which explained why the uber rich Jeremy Jacobs who owns the Bruins could not also own the Bills.

However even in this clear case there seemed to be exceptions which would be doable such as Jacobs getting a working junior partnership with the Bills not by buying into the team which is prohibited but by buying the stadium.

It was also though about Jacobs brother using shared family wealth to buy into the Bills if needed but Jeremy would be the true owner. The lessin to be learned here is that even if there were some rule standing in Pags way, he is sitting on over a billion bucks which can find a way.

So glad I'm coming back for the home opener this weekend. This could be a party of epic proportions.

Been saying this for a while now. Going to be an historic day. I know why some fans were freaking out, but this was always a 2 horse race. The date was always early September. I think myself and others tried to calm some fans but at least now fans can breathe.

I just turned 35 and I feel like the threat of leaving has been there my whole life. "When Mr. Wilson is gone, we're moving."

I literally just shed a tear.

I have sat at games thinking of how I'm going to explain to my infant son what having an nfl team here was like