Round 3: Sale of the team

Beerball

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no question in my mind that this is true.

Years from now, when Terry and Kim stand on the podium post-Superbowl, hoisting the Lombardi Trophy, we'll all look back to this week and say that this is when it began.

I almost never say this, because it's usually not true, but to Bills' fans everywhere, we deserve this.

Bandit, while there have been a number of posters who've contributed meaningful discussion points and comments regarding this entire process, it's my opinion that you've been the most thorough, level-headed poster and the one whose posts were most beneficial to the rest of the forum. Thanks, man.

Bandit, while there have been a number of posters who've contributed meaningful discussion points and comments regarding this entire process, it's my opinion that you've been the most thorough, level-headed poster and the one whose posts were most beneficial to the rest of the forum. Thanks, man.

Thanks for that--it is a sincere pleasure to be able to share any info I've had throughout the process...as I've said many times, it's not often I have access to this type of info, so it's been fun.

I can't take a ton of credit though, as I would've held back on many-an-informed-opinion had most of what I heard not been corroborated by Kirby, Kelly, and a few others.

As Kirby has said many times, this is the most important issue in the history of our team, and I for one have enjoyed the process.

Thanks for that--it is a sincere pleasure to be able to share any info I've had throughout the process...as I've said many times, it's not often I have access to this type of info, so it's been fun.

I can't take a ton of credit though, as I would've held back on many-an-informed-opinion had most of what I heard not been corroborated by Kirby, Kelly, and a few others.

As Kirby has said many times, this is the most important issue in the history of our team, and I for one have enjoyed the process.

You along with Kirby and Kelly are officially called the three amigos. On the sale issue you three rode higher in the saddle than most. Your (all three) posts were very illuminating and dispelled a lot of misinformation. Although the process was well run and the timeline was relatively short for such a large and complicated deal I'm glad that it is drawing to a conclusion.

I'm looking forward to mostly focusing on what is going on the field than on the business side of the operation. Again, thanks for the insightful contribution from you and your knowledgeable pals.

Edited by JohnC

You along with Kirby and Kelly are officially called the three amigos. On the sale issue you three rode higher in the saddle than most. Your (all three) posts were very illuminating and dispelled a lot of misinformation. Although the process was well run and the timeline was relatively short for such a large and complicated deal I'm glad that it is drawing to a conclusion.

I'm looking forward to mostly focusing on what is going on the field than on the business side of the operation. Again, thanks for the insightful contribution from you and your knowledgeable pals.

i second that!.. made the process bearable having the reassurances from you three!

It's been a lot of fun but I am glad to see it wrapping up. It has been really cool to get so much good stuff from you and Kelly along the way. It has been reassuring.

Above all else I hope that came across to people on here. Despite the national reporting out there the people in the room really did have no intention of letting the team leave. As long as there was a viable option in WNY that was going to be the case. Hopefully we were able to keep a few of you from the ledge :).

This truly is about to be the biggest victory in Bills history and it was a team effort. We are so lucky to have so many people on our side (Wilson's, FO, state, county, Pegula's and even the NFL). Even the thought of potentially losing the Bills has put things in perspective for me. I will learn to take the losses a little better and savor the victories even more. To Bandit's point we really do deserve this. Go Bills!!

i second that!.. made the process bearable having the reassurances from you three!

Agreed. This site has been THE source for information on this sale, and the work of Kirby, Kelly, and Bandit has helped many of us feel a whole lot better about the process. Many thanks to the three of you, SDS and all the mods for providing this space, and all the posters who contribute knowledge.

Being a longtime Bills fan inevitably means you become conditioned to expect the worst. Your calm, informed reassurances seemed (to me) a little like a parent dealing with a child's irrational fear. "You can be scared if you want, but the sun will come up tomorrow, and everything will be OK." Thanks for having the patience to deal with everyone's concerns, and thanks for all the great information!