Kiko Might Play This Year?

More like "never tell the odds about Kiko."

Do we know how Kiko injured himself? We assume/the word seems to be that he did it working out, but for all we know, he could've been doing something stupid.

He jumped out a second story window and save his nephew from drowning!..... Oh sorry that was Tim Wright from USC and that's now in question as being BS.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry Rice tore his ACL in a game 8-31-1997 week 1. He suited up and played a game week 16 12-15-1997 Monday Night Football vs the Broncos. That is a 108 day layoff between games. The fastest recovery time in NFL history.

Rice caught a TD and landed directly on his knee cap / patella & it fractured. The knee cap broke likely because a graft of his patella was used to replace his ACL. The graft leaves a tiny hole in the knee cap which increases the likelihood it will brake due to blunt force trauma.

I believe Dr James Andrews performed Kiko's ACL surgery. I also believe Dr. Andrews preferred ACL repair method is using a patella graft.

I wouldn't recommend Kiko coming back but it's possible he could. He would likely need to wear a specialty brace that has padding over the patella.

By the way Kiko had surgery 7/18/2014 he was injured 7/1/2014. If he were to have a Jerry Rice like recovery (108 days) that would put Kiko back 11/3/2014.

Edited by Dean Cain

If he comes back early I don't want him pulling a sam bradford. That knee better be feeling great and he better wear a brace on it. The docs better be damn sure that knee is good. Hell, if were doing real well by then they could put him on the roster and then hold him out until the playoffs which would be 6 months from the injury which is pretty normal return time.

Jerry Rice tore his ACL in a game 8-31-1997 week 1. He suited up and played a game week 16 12-15-1997 Monday Night Football vs the Broncos. That is a 108 day layoff between games. The fastest recovery time in NFL history.

Rice caught a TD and landed directly on his knee cap / patella & it fractured. The knee cap broke likely because a graft of his patella was used to replace his ACL. The graft leaves a tiny hole in the knee cap which increases the likelihood it will brake due to blunt force trauma.

I believe Dr James Andrews performed Kiko's ACL surgery. I also believe Dr. Andrews preferred ACL repair method is using a patella graft.

I wouldn't recommend Kiko coming back but it's possible he could. He would likely need to wear a specialty brace that has padding over the patella.

By the way Kiko had surgery 7/18/2014 he was injured 7/1/2014. If he were to have a Jerry Rice like recovery (108 days) that would put Kiko back 11/3/2014.

Nice post Mr Cain .

But i wish you would not get the hopes up of us Fans. We are rather delicate right now after Tampa bay and reaching and or grasping :sick:

The Linebackers on the team now have alot to prove. Bradham may have his best year yet and even excel . Spike is on the one year deal and will prove it IMO.

Rivers may well be a small diamond actually and Preston Brown should see the field.

I hope the Bills dont hurrry him back and i dont expect they will.

Breathe.

Bills could potentially come out next year with one of the better LB depth seen in many a year.

Go Kiko Alonso !

Glad he is back at 0ne Bills drive working already !

Just to clarify, this from buffalobills.com:

"Being on Reserve/NFI means anywhere between the end of Week 6 (Oct. 14th) and the end of Week 11 (Nov. 18th) that Alonso, if cleared to do so, could begin practicing with the team. His first day of practice would kick start a 21-day evaluation period where the team could determine whether he would be fit to return to the active roster or being placed on season-ending Reserve/NFL."

Seems that the Bills brain trust believe in the "Legend of Kiko" too.

From this they can wait till week 11 and then have him practice. At the end of the 3 week period they can decide if he can play or not. This depends greatly on how the team is doing and if playoffs are a real possibility

Im probably in the minority but in no way do I want to see Kiko come back this year. He's way to young and has too promising a career. Do the rehab right.

He relies on instincts and speed. Being explosive. Rest. Rehab. Come back rooster strong next spring.

Edited by Big Blitz

I guess I don't understand the fans' belief that the Bills would have been right to do Kiko a solid in this instance. What precedent does it set when the same thing happens next year to a far less important player?

Who cares? It's business and you do what's best for your business. I'm in sales and my top writers get special treatment, they come in a little later, get paid a higher commission and so on, if the guys who aren't as good don't like it they can quit and go somewhere else. Or they can see how the top employees get treated and strive to be there. Life isn't fair and smart business says you do what's best for the company.

In Kikos case, whether he likes it or not doesn't matter. His job is to play football, If he can't do so then Whaley has to do what's best for the team. Like you said, what precedent does is set for the team? My response is none, each instance is different an it should be treated a so. If this was Chris Hogan instead of Kiko, you drop him and move on.

I could see him coming back if we are in a playoff race and are getting thin at LB due to injuries...it could be done from a rehab standpoint, and if anyone could do it, it would be Kiko, ( I hear he refused anesthetic an assisted the surgeon)...Its a whole risk reward thing...would hate to have him pushed back to boost the record above the standard 7-9, 6-10 finish to impress new ownership and save management and coaching jobs....

@JaySkurski

Just spoke with #Bills LB Kiko Alonso. He said he was hurt this offseason on a simple change of direction move during a workout.

I tore my PCL (back ligament) in high school doing that. I was so pissed

I could see him coming back if we are in a playoff race and are getting thin at LB due to injuries...it could be done from a rehab standpoint, and if anyone could do it, it would be Kiko, ( I hear he refused anesthetic an assisted the surgeon)...Its a whole risk reward thing...would hate to have him pushed back to boost the record above the standard 7-9, 6-10 finish to impress new ownership and save management and coaching jobs....

:lol:

Jay Skurski @JaySkurski · 47m

Alonso will rehab here in Buffalo. He said he's on schedule in that regard, and would not rule out a return at some point this season.

Alonso will rehab here in Buffalo. He said he's on schedule in that regard, and would not rule out a return at some point this season.

Man, it would be FN sweet if he could join the Bills later in the season while they're in contention.

Anesthetic would be redundant. Kiko doesn't feel pain. Pain, rather, feels Kiko Alonso.

Never rule out Kiko. Not even Kiko rules out Kiko.