Bills Release Thad Lewis

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the lack of TDs I've seen enough out of EJ this preseason to believe he has already progressed significantly beyond where he was last year.

In what ways has he progressed significantly? His throws are often off target, with the WR having to reach behind or high to catch the ball. He hasn't made many throws downfield over 20 yards. Is it because he's checking down because he's not confident he can make the pass, or the OC doesn't call the play because he doesn't think EJ can make it?

In what ways has he progressed significantly? His throws are often off target, with the WR having to reach behind or high to catch the ball. He hasn't made many throws downfield over 20 yards. Is it because he's checking down because he's not confident he can make the pass, or the OC doesn't call the play because he doesn't think EJ can make it?

The fans that speak in these platitudes never seem to provide specific plays. The fans who identify miscues with receivers, on the other hand do. Why is that?

It's "nice" to see so many fans with fatalistic conclusions before one meaningful game has been played this season. :doh:

I think you're right. A little surprised they grabbed JP so quick, unless it's to make sure they get someone.

Crap another JP, I didn't even think of that until you typed it.

Because Sammy Watkins is that kind of player that can make a average QB look much better......and we perennially do not do bad enough to get into the blue chip prospect QB's.....

Thats why

This is why I like you John from Hamlet.

Best of luck to you Thad and thanks for wearing the Bills uniform. I have to say I am a bit sorry to see you go, you seemed to me to be Fitz 2.0 but instead of throwing last minute game losing interceptions you just fumbled. I also want welcome Mr. Palmer to the club. Hope you last more than a week (so will Seattle cut a QB to get to the 53? and will it be TP? now there is a guy I wouldn't mind seeing in Buffalo).

This.

Bizarre how with a full off-season he actually regressed. I was with OBD on this and thought he was a pretty decent #2.

I was thinking the same thing and this happened with the addition of two coaches meant to improve the QB play. Kind of makes me wonder what's going on in the QB room. Is it possible that whatever is going on there is actually retarding the QBs?

He's paid to be a QB mentor to other QBs around the league. He's known for being smart. That's his advantage. He had a much better career at UTEP than Tuel did at Wsu. He's got a strong arm. He was drafted in the fifth round. Six teams have signed him which means they thought he had some talent. Four on their active rosters. No team would sign Tuel. You're talking nonsense. He also hd a good preseason this year. Tuel has been horrible.

The one provable fact in your post and you got it wrong.

Some company pays Carson to help out college QBs. That's nice. Who cares? If the Bills think he's a QB coach, they should employ him like one.

He has been cut by every team he has played for--3 times in preseason. His preseason was so "good" that the Bears just dumped him in favor of Jimmy Clausen. His arm is so strong that the NFL had to limit him to 15 attempts in actual games over 4 years--maybe to protect the hands or his receivers!

You're flailing now.

Anyway, the mistake by the Bills is getting rid of Thad for this bum.

I gotta say...These post are driving me nuts...It's not so much whether I agree or disagree in principle...That's actually not even relevant...It the seemingly bull-headed approach by some Bills fans wanting to completely change the path of reality...

The Bills are going with EJ this year...More than likely they are going with him next year as well...They have over a year now invested in his development and they used a 1st round pick on him...No QB is coming in the last week of preseason and pushing EJ unless his name is Manning, Luck, Brady, Rogers, or Brees...

It very well may not be the right strategy, but it's the one they are going with...I really don't think they could be any more clear and forthcoming in this matter then they have been...And I don't understand the continuous pounding about bringing someone in now to "push" EJ unless you're just setting up the "I told you so's" for next year... B-)

Thanks for the attempt to bring rationality to the discussion especially because, well, you know, those who most need to heed your comments will be the last to do so.

I DON'T WANT A GUY WHO IS A GOOD #2 OR # 3!

I want someone who has the potential to be a starter and win freakin' games IF EJ gets hurt or doesn't work out.

If they have to sit and watch EJ win, so be it, yay.

you should pick a different team then. very few of those guys are sitting on benches, and none are FAs today.

Because Sammy Watkins is that kind of player that can make a average QB look much better......and we perennially do not do bad enough to get into the blue chip prospect QB's.....

Thats why

Yes, this PLUS they are building a TEAM, compiling Depth and Talent. If the QB doesnt work out after another full season, the guy the end up next with will have a nice group of players surrounding him.

I'd still take Kellen Moore, who might get cut if Detroit only keeps 2 QBs (possible -- this is a Jim Caldwell trend).

I know he is not a big arm but he's a smart and hard-working QB who has had big-time college success.

I would be ecstatic if we got him. I've seen him play in pre season a few times and he looks good.

The one provable fact in your post and you got it wrong.

Some company pays Carson to help out college QBs. That's nice. Who cares? If the Bills think he's a QB coach, they should employ him like one.

He has been cut by every team he has played for--3 times in preseason. His preseason was so "good" that the Bears just dumped him in favor of Jimmy Clausen. His arm is so strong that the NFL had to limit him to 15 attempts in actual games over 4 years--maybe to protect the hands or his receivers!

You're flailing now.

Anyway, the mistake by the Bills is getting rid of Thad for this bum.

Okay my bad, I forgot. Sixth round.

I already agreed that this is a mistake by signing Palmer and keeping Tuel.

Your logic is just bizarre when you type nonsense like "His arm is so strong that the NFL had to limit him to 15 attempts in actual games over 4 years" Nothing to do with another.

He has a strong arm. If you don't know that, or you want to argue that, you will look more foolish than you do now, which is substantial. ;)

If you had to win a game in the NFL are you really saying you would play Jeff Tuel over Jordan Palmer?

Not that either would win it.

The argument has been whether or not Jordan Palmer is better than Tuel. And Palmer has at least five qualities that gives an NFL QB a chance to succeed. Tuel has zero.

you should pick a different team then. very few of those guys are sitting on benches, and none are FAs today.

Really!

You are happy with what we have done? Taking a shot with one guy, then bringing in a couple arms that can try to keep us from being embarrassed too much if the starter gets hurt!

All I am saying is don't wait for other teams cast offs, make a play for someone who actually has potential.

Wait for final cuts. We have one of the worst QB situations in the NFL, so there will be players better than our #3 without a job on Saturday, and I have to think Buffalo will get the top crack at any players with any ambition to get a chance at the position given how easy it would be to slide up to #2 on the depth chart behind a start with the jury out on performance and durability.