Bills Release Thad Lewis

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would call Washington just to feel them out;

- knowing we don't have a first round pic next year, I would offer our entire draft for Cousins!

- They have a QB controversy brewing that they don't need. The first time RG3 faulters, they will be calling for Cousins. He may even be better, but they have too much invested to have RG3 a back-up.

- I want Manual to succeed, but if he is in trouble after a few weeks, or gets hurt, put in Cousins.

- From what I see, this is a good team, too dependant on EJ pulling this off without getting hurt

As said before, this is another step. I hardly think they're done toying with the position.

They're in a tight spot now, considering what they didn't do between February and April, but at least they recognize the problem and aren't content to go into the season with the sad crew.

Whaley had a very good quote yesterday, something to the effect of, "we're not going to make a decision just to look good." He said it in reference to cutting Branch after extending him in December. The old regime would have likely kept Branch because of money, but this tells me Whaley has the support of Brandon to make moves to improve the team, regardless of financial implications. That should be music to all our ears.

I would call Washington just to feel them out;

- knowing we don't have a first round pic next year, I would offer our entire draft for Cousins!

- They have a QB controversy brewing that they don't need. The first time RG3 faulters, they will be calling for Cousins. He may even be better, but they have too much invested to have RG3 a back-up.

- I want Manual to succeed, but if he is in trouble after a few weeks, or gets hurt, put in Cousins.

- From what I see, this is a good team, too dependant on EJ pulling this off without getting hurt

:doh: :doh:

i'm kind of surprised. i know Thad had a bad summer but please tell me which QB didn't? they all look bad. Thad stepped in last year and beat the Dolphins twice. even if they end up getting a better 2nd string guy (i definitely don't think it's Jordan Palmer), i would take Thad over Tuel as 3rd string. Jeff Tuel will never be an NFL QB, i really don't understand why they like him so much.

The only way this works IMO is if they not only gamble that EJ doesn't get hurt the first month and win that bet, but also pick up a vet via trade or some surprise waiver like Ponder who can be brought in to be the number 2. Going into the season with Tuel as the,backup is criminally negligent.

I like to thank Thad for beating the Dolphins twice last year.

Hope he gets another chance. Don't know what happened this year in camp , I thought he would get better but instead he regressed.

Second this. Way to go Thad. You have given me a year's trash talking advantage over at least on division rival. You will forever be remembered as a true BILL in my mind for that!

He fumbled at near twice the rate of the league leader in fumbles, turnovers are the most important part of playing QB, this is without a doubt a drop off.

EJ had 10 ints and an Int ratio over 50% higher than Thad's. EJ had 6 fumbles. He too, by your calulations, would have been a league leader in fumbles had he been durable enoug to play an entire season.

The team lost 60% of it's games with either guy starting. No difference.

Really, the two were indistinguishable. One is now gone, the other is our starter.

As said before, this is another step. I hardly think they're done toying with the position.

They're in a tight spot now, considering what they didn't do between February and April, but at least they recognize the problem and aren't content to go into the season with the sad crew.

Adding Palmer just made the crew go from sad to laughing stock. This kid has never really played in 4 years. He's not a QB at all. Lewis had a tough preseason and he's dumped...now...for this nobody? It doesn't make much sense.

The only way this works IMO is if they not only gamble that EJ doesn't get hurt the first month and win that bet, but also pick up a vet via trade or some surprise waiver like Ponder who can be brought in to be the number 2. Going into the season with Tuel as the,backup is criminally negligent.

Agreed. As bad a summer as Thad obviously had, I would still have felt at least "comfortable" with him playing a limited amount if EJ goes down. With Tuel in there I'm literally watching the game with my hand over my eyes, peeking through my fingers.

Adding Palmer just made the crew go from sad to laughing stock. This kid has never really played in 4 years. He's not a QB at all. Lewis had a tough preseason and he's dumped...now...for this nobody? It doesn't make much sense.

You're assuming that they're done making the QB moves, which if you look at my first response, is highly unlikely.

I like to thank Thad for beating the Dolphins twice last year.Hope he gets another chance. Don't know what happened this year in camp , I thought he would get better but instead he regressed.

I'd like to thank the Bills' defense for bailing Thad out. He was flat out lousy in both Miami games last season.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

They did have a plan but Thad let them down big time. I thought he was a decent #2 last year.

So it was a good plan, but Thad screwed it up by sucking? Let's face it; for two seasons in a row, OBD has been massively negligent in its approach to the QB position and this team will pay for it again.

Palmer is definitely better than Tuel and probably better than Thad after Thad regressed. So in a twisted way, it's an upgrade. But he needs more than 10 days to learn the play book. EJ simply cannot get hurt early in the season. It's not like I expect him to but it's a decent chance for any starting QB.

It's "nice" to see so many fans with fatalistic conclusions before one meaningful game has been played this season. :doh:

I tend to agree with you but even you have to admit, the QB play this pre-season has been putrid. The whole first team offense has been pretty bad actually. I think people are just looking for something to give them a glimmer of hope after all of the losing and thus far we haven't seen it.

It's "nice" to see so many fans with fatalistic conclusions before one meaningful game has been played this season. :doh:

Uh...I think you're forgetting that five years, two GM'S, two coaches, three quarterbacks and a Terrel Owens ago, we saw the EXACT. SAME. THING.