Bills Release Thad Lewis

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would call Washington just to feel them out;

- knowing we don't have a first round pic next year, I would offer our entire draft for Cousins!

- They have a QB controversy brewing that they don't need. The first time RG3 faulters, they will be calling for Cousins. He may even be better, but they have too much invested to have RG3 a back-up.

- I want Manual to succeed, but if he is in trouble after a few weeks, or gets hurt, put in Cousins.

- From what I see, this is a good team, too dependant on EJ pulling this off without getting hurt

I would def trade a 2nd for Cousins and a 4th.

Next year in the draft we should use every pick on a QB, and sign two QB free agents. That gives us about 8 QBs to go into training camp with. Then double it.

I kid....sort of.

Next year in the draft we should use every pick on a QB, and sign two QB free agents. That gives us about 8 QBs to go into training camp with. Then double it.

I kid....sort of.

well, odds are we would hit on one of those QB's. Some talented QB's should be available in the 2nd round next year.

It's kind of like a "go with the devil you know" situation a little bit. Palmer clearly isn't starter material based on his moving around the league (and even playing arena football for a year) and doesn't have any NFL stats or game tape to show that he CAN even be good. But neither does Thad.

But my choice would still be Palmer because, I'm not planning on him being the starter anyway and since Thad was looking the way he did all summer, a look at someone else is good by me. Plus, I'm sure he's picked up something (football knowledge not physical attributes) from his brother Carson.

Plus his name is Jordan. I mean come on. Jordan!

It's more that his 2012 and 2013 combined were overall solid, and he is MILES better than Tuel, and we need someone that can actually push Manuel for his job. Enough of this BS we can't hurt his psyche by bringing in good competition.

Cousins stunk last year. 52.3% completion with 5.5 YPA 4 TD and 7 int. That's what compels you to burn a 2nd and 4th when the 1st round pick is already gone? Not one down of meaningful football has been played in 2014 and people want to burn picks on an unproven QB who regressed badly in his 2nd year. This makes zero sense to me.

It's more that his 2012 and 2013 combined were overall solid, and he is MILES better than Tuel, and we need someone that can actually push Manuel for his job. Enough of this BS we can't hurt his psyche by bringing in good competition.

So you'd give away a 2nd and a 4th and be left with only a 3rd, a 5th and a 7th round pick in next year's draft to pick up a backup QB?

Well that sucks. I'll admit I was hopeful for Thad as a #2 given his performance last year despite no training camp. I really thought he'd take a nice step forward with a full offseason and training camp.

I would def trade a 2nd for Cousins and a 4th.

I would start there.

I know this sounds drastic but, the Bills have not won in almost 20 yrs

This year they are too good to be held back by one position, obviously the most important.

Trades can be made later to get draft picks back.

Cousins has looked great at times. He's made mistakes, sure, but there is a reason there is a significant buzz around the league about him. Not just with fans, but with front offices. People who actually evaluate talent in the NFL don't just look at the stat sheet as a definitive indicator of potential success like some fantasy football owner. I'd be all about getting Kirk Cousins. Won't happen, but I think he has shown legitimate starter potential.

and they say preseason doesn't matter..ha. feel bad for Thad but obviously his practices must've been as underwhelming as his games.Still it's tough to cut a guy who won 2 division games for backups that have never won. I guess bottom line is that if EJ doesn't stay healthy and get it done, we are doomed no matter what.

I gotta say...These post are driving me nuts...It's not so much whether I agree or disagree in principle...That's actually not even relevant...It the seemingly bull-headed approach by some Bills fans wanting to completely change the path of reality...

The Bills are going with EJ this year...More than likely they are going with him next year as well...They have over a year now invested in his development and they used a 1st round pick on him...No QB is coming in the last week of preseason and pushing EJ unless his name is Manning, Luck, Brady, Rogers, or Brees...

It very well may not be the right strategy, but it's the one they are going with...I really don't think they could be any more clear and forthcoming in this matter then they have been...And I don't understand the continuous pounding about bringing someone in now to "push" EJ unless you're just setting up the "I told you so's" for next year... B-)

Cousins has looked great at times. He's made mistakes, sure, but there is a reason there is a significant buzz around the league about him. Not just with fans, but with front offices. People who actually evaluate talent in the NFL don't just look at the stat sheet as a definitive indicator of potential success like some fantasy football owner. I'd be all about getting Kirk Cousins. Won't happen, but I think he has shown legitimate starter potential.

just saying, we have no idea what front offices really think of him. what we know is front offices thought he wasnt worth a pick in the first 3 rounds on draft day. thats typically pretty telling.

Cousins is Trent Edwards. When he has all day he's accurate on short to medium passes. He's terrible under pressure, wildly erratic, and throws a very pretty ball to a wide open receiver once in awhile to make people go foolishly lady gaga over him. He's much more of last year's version than the previous year's for those very reasons.

Cousins is Trent Edwards. When he has all day he's accurate on short to medium passes. He's terrible under pressure, wildly erratic, and throws a very pretty ball to a wide open receiver once in awhile to make people go foolishly lady gaga over him. He's much more of last year's version than the previous year's for those very reasons.

This is accurate. Cousins is a career backup, but perhaps not a bad one. But definitely not one you trade away a high draft pick for.