Bills sign QB Jordan Palmer

FluffHead

Not a chance, IMO. They only keep two QBs. He likes what he has in Garranimal. He's going to get rid of Mallet, who is ten times as good as Tuel, IMO, and Mallet is no good.

I said it in jest. But honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. Sign him milk him for info and release 2 weeks later...

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have a head coach. offensive coordinator, QB coach. How many people do you want telling Manuel what to do? How about getting a QB that doesn't need all of this love and attention.

I agree, where is this "backup QB/coach" thing coming from. It's fine if you have that "Don Strock" type guy, but a real QB coach is just as good. Fan silliness...

Edited by HoF Watkins

Peter King@SI_PeterKing 1h

Smart signing of Jordan Palmer by the Bills. In camp, when we talked, he sounded like a coach already. Tutored Bortles pre-draft. And so>>>>

Peter King@SI_PeterKing 1h

<<<<for him to be around E.J. Manuel is a smart use of Bills' time. I know Palmer. Good guy. Selfless. He'll be good for E.J.

If this is anything other than a blatant stab at the Bears playbook, then I have to question Whaley's ability. This guy is worse than Tuel and he can't hit water if he fell out of a boat. If stays on the roster after the opener, it is a waste of a roster spot. He should not see the field. Go ahead flame away.

I don't doubt that Palmer will be a good on-field peer coach for EJ, but is anyone else worried this kid (EJ) has too many people in his ear telling him what to do, how to do it etc. etc. ??

Actually no, I think it's the opposite. The fact that they didn't have a QB coach last season was a mistake. Now they have the veteran that EJ can learn from as a peer that Kolb was supposed to be. Maybe surrounding EJ with people that can lend good advice is just what he needs.

I don't doubt that Palmer will be a good on-field peer coach for EJ, but is anyone else worried this kid (EJ) has too many people in his ear telling him what to do, how to do it etc. etc. ??

Possibly the other 2 offensive assistants aren't telling him the right things...

The way things are unfolding, I just feel less and less confident (more of the same)

+1. A little less coaching, more competition.

Exactly. EJ needs to let it rip, already. Hackett's telling him one thing, the new QB coach is in his helmet speaker saying another, Jordan will be telling him what they called that in Cincy and Chicago ...

He's already indecisive enough!

Geez, take him out and get him laid. Or let him play some freeplay Grand Theft Auto for a few hours. Destroy some stuff. Live a little.

He has a "school" where he coaches and mentors draftable college players to prepare them for the NFL. They're probably looking for him to do the same type of role with EJ. Doesn't hurt he was on the Bears as well.

Maybe some of what he does can rub off on Hackett too.

If this is anything other than a blatant stab at the Bears playbook, then I have to question Whaley's ability. This guy is worse than Tuel and he can't hit water if he fell out of a boat. If stays on the roster after the opener, it is a waste of a roster spot. He should not see the field. Go ahead flame away.

I don't know if he is worse or better than Tuel, but I find it weird that he has been in the NFL for five years and has zero experience, and was beat out by jimmy clausen and wasn't worth keeping over the bears no. 3 (a 6th round rookie).

Maybe he will be an upgrade, but I was hoping they would upgrade the position with someone who has at least played 1 full game in the nfl. Even a josh freeman seems like a more sensible option.

Jordan Palmer, fancies himself a QB Consultant.

I know a QB that needs some consulting . . .

http://www.si.com/nf...-2014-nfl-draft

OK, I know it's a small world -- the NFL Quarterbacking world -- but this is too incestuous to believe. Jordan Palmer played HS QB for Rob Johnson's father. Then he sort of played (he never got in a game) sort-of pro football for Turk Schonert

I don't know if he is worse or better than Tuel, but I find it weird that he has been in the NFL for five years and has zero experience, and was beat out by jimmy clausen and wasn't worth keeping over the bears no. 3 (a 6th round rookie).

Maybe he will be an upgrade, but I was hoping they would upgrade the position with someone who has at least played 1 full game in the nfl. Even a josh freeman seems like a more sensible option.

I am by no means a pro scout, but i had the opportunity to see this guy in camp and on the televised preseason. In practice he is coach's dream focusing on minute details. When the bullets fly he simply doesn't have the requisite athletic ability. Tuel may lack arm strength and the other knocks, but he is at least an athlete. I have not chimed in on theEJ civil war, but the purpose of a back up is to be able to play if called upon. I just never saw it. Perhaps that is why no game experience. On the bright side maybe he is a talisman and wherever he goes the starter never gets hurt.