Marrone open to bringing in another viable QB.

It's about firetruckin' time!! I mentioned that they needed to do this weeks ago. I challenged anyone to name three NFL teams that had a worse QB group than the Bills.

Manuel has been erratic at best. The other three QB bozos on the roster probably don't deserve to wear an NFL uniform.

It's going to be a very loooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg season my friends if something doesn't change real quick at the QB position.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about firetruckin' time!! I mentioned that they needed to do this weeks ago. I challenged anyone to name three NFL teams that had a worse QB group than the Bills.

Manuel has been erratic at best. The other three QB bozos on the roster probably don't deserve to wear an NFL uniform.

It's going to be a very loooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg season my friends if something doesn't change real quick at the QB position.

There are always plenty of playoff caliber QB's around two weeks before the season opener. Stay grounded, maybe they can upgrade the #3 if they get lucky in the dumpster.

Marrone gave common coach speak about being open to upgrade any position on the roster. There is nothing that suggest Whaley and Marrone are actively looking to bring in another QB though. The NFL.com article just speculates that after hearing what Marrone said last night.

I think they trade a mid round pick for Ponder. Viable, probably not but better than our backups.

Why in Hades trade a mid-round pick for a #3 guy likely cut soon?

Ponder would likely either come free as a cut or only cost a conditional 6th. Anything more and I don't want him.

exactly

Marrone gave common coach speak about being open to upgrade any position on the roster. There is nothing that suggest Whaley and Marrone are actively looking to bring in another QB though. The NFL.com article just speculates that after hearing what Marrone said last night.

In fairness to the article - he also made it clear (a second time since the preseason began) that he is NOT satisfied with the backup QB position.

I think they were already intending to look around given that Lewis has dropped like a rock through the depth chart and right now Tuel is the best they have. They gave Dixon an audition last night over Lewis to see if he might be an option, but he was, well, Dennis Dixon. I am surprised, as I am sure the coaching staff is, by the regression Lewis has shown. I thought that last year he looked like a viable back up, but has been awful so far.