Marrone open to bringing in another viable QB.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ponder blows.

Orton is retiring (I have no idea why he keeps being mentioned), and he blows.

Lewis?...umm, yeaah.

Because the mention of him retiring was prior to the Cowboys releasing him. After his release, I believe Jerry Jones said he didnt think Orton is retiring. And after him becoming a FA, there have been no reports of him wanting to retire. Do you have a link to prove me otherwise ?

Ponder blows.

Orton is retiring (I have no idea why he keeps being mentioned), and he blows.

Lewis?...umm, yeaah.

There are a lot of guys who are terrible starters who are quite decent or even very good backups. I wouldn't at all mind Orton or Ponder as our backup even though I don't want them here as starters or a threat to the starter one bit.

It's about firetruckin' time!! I mentioned that they needed to do this weeks ago. I challenged anyone to name three NFL teams that had a worse QB group than the Bills.

Manuel has been erratic at best. The other three QB bozos on the roster probably don't deserve to wear an NFL uniform.

It's going to be a very loooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg season my friends if something doesn't change real quick at the QB position.

OH Thank God, Tebow time!!!

I think they trade a mid round pick for Ponder. Viable, probably not but better than our backups.

they should have trade branch before he got sauced.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Marrone in my honest opinion is an idiot. I mean there should've been a viable veteran backup there since the day he took over the team or at least drafted EJ. Instead we he put all of his eggs into the Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis basket? that's just ignorance and arrogance at its finest.

you got put this on Whaley too.

Because the mention of him retiring was prior to the Cowboys releasing him. After his release, I believe Jerry Jones said he didnt think Orton is retiring. And after him becoming a FA, there have been no reports of him wanting to retire. Do you have a link to prove me otherwise ?

No I don't, but I'm also sure that the guy won't come back to play for a team like the Bills. He might come back with a viable playoff contender, but I doubt even that will happen. "Hey, I was looking to get out of my Cowboy's contract, with the hope that a team that hasn't been to the playoffs for 14 years will sign me".

I realize that he hasn't yet retired (that's why I didn't call him "retired").

I will bet my left ball, that he won't sign with the Bills at any point, okay?

He isn't even good for %^*^'s sake.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I've been getting a lot of flack from my group of friends who are Bills fans for saying that I wish that the Bills had Fitzpatrick right about now. Now before everyone starts to go off about how he sucks or that he was the worst thing to happen to Buffalo, think about this... He had consecutive seasons with 3,000 or more yards. Sure, he threw A LOT of interceptions but he took chances. I guess what I'm trying to say is "You don't know what you got till it's gone."

I wanted him gone but I sure as hell didn't want to draft EJ. We should have just kept him and traded up for Bortles. Fitz mentoring Bortles would be ideal.

There are a lot of guys who are terrible starters who are quite decent or even very good backups. I wouldn't at all mind Orton or Ponder as our backup even though I don't want them here as starters or a threat to the starter one bit.

Yeah, but if the Bills end up using a backup, this season is over anyway.

Way too much is being made of the backup QB slot. If EJM can't make the leap, it's a crap-out season, no backup is gonna make "the difference". Some will say, "oh, we might be on the cusp, and need a good backup for a couple games.." meh, there are very good teams that could use a good backup for that scenario, but this team isn't at that point.

What's the deal with Josh Freeman - he was an up and comer a couple of years ago but now seems untouchable

Ugh....he sucks.

Face it people, it's EJM or bust.

Yeah, but if the Bills end up using a backup, this season is over anyway.

This is my view as well. The only countering aspect in my mind is the 14 year playoff drought. Assuming the rest of the team is strong, a competent backup type QB could theoretically see us limp into the playoffs. Normally I would think "So what? I want a team built to win the SB, not limp into the playoffs." but that 14 year stretch has me desperate for even a playoff limping scenario this season.

Marrone gave common coach speak about being open to upgrade any position on the roster. There is nothing that suggest Whaley and Marrone are actively looking to bring in another QB though. The NFL.com article just speculates that after hearing what Marrone said last night.

We're OC and ST coach on the list of areas Marrone would be open to upgrading?

Rams could bid high for best avail , then maybe Texans. It's not easy to learn a new playbook and get in sync with receivers. Once the Bills OL gets settled and starting WR's , EJ ,Thad and Tuel should be better then last season with 4 good RB's

What's the deal with Josh Freeman - he was an up and comer a couple of years ago but now seems untouchable

He was a headcase in Tampa, and was not putting in the time for prep. It wasn't his fault in MN as they didn't give him enough time to get ready for that monday night game. As to giants training camp, he must not have learned his lesson. I wouldn't tough him.

I'll continue to say that to me, the most perplexing thing about the Whaley/Marrone regime thus far is how the backup QB situation has been handled. It simply defies explanation.

Whether you believe EJ sucks or not, he's the starter for now and I'm fine with that. But if he goes down, it's a clusterphuck.