TC fights, ineffectual play, is Marrone losing the team?

I think other teams that have or most importantly believe they have great QB play---their games are elevated. Because they know they can win.

We are taking the field hoping to win....big difference. ....bc the team thinks Hackett is a joke and have no idea what EJ is going to do.

Edited by Big Blitz

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like this?

4347c7cebd7dad386de27914c8ff5a15_normal.jpegJason Cole @JasonPhilCole · 9h

#Bills coach Doug Marrone was told by several staffers, players at end of 2013 that QB EJ Manuel wasn't good enough. Preseason is troubling

Well that's uncomfortable if true.

Something has certainly felt rotten the last week or two with regards to chemistry and structure. There have been hints of it for awhile where I've wondered but recently it's turning from flashes of question marks to a consistent issue that's hard to ignore.

A hot couple of weeks to start the season would erase it but a slow start might turn real ugly.

Well that's uncomfortable if true.

Something has certainly felt rotten the last week or two with regards to chemistry and structure. There have been hints of it for awhile where I've wondered but recently it's turning from flashes of question marks to a consistent issue that's hard to ignore.

A hot couple of weeks to start the season would erase it but a slow start might turn real ugly.

My personal feelings do fall along the lines of this tweet. There is quite a bit of talent on this roster with players who want to win. Honestly 1 position is really holding this team back from really competing...

I also have a hunch that every player on this team has to be perturbed to an extent about all of the competition for all of the spots, but yet no competition for EJ. I will even make the jump to say that not even a veteran as a backup who can help the kid isn't on the roster. The players aren't stupid, they know they will go as far as our QB takes them. I am sure most players don't like to lose...

I have been a manager for a little over a decade now and nothing pisses people off like favoritism, perceived or real. If those people want to perform but are being held back because of it...it can get really ugly...

Edited by Reed83HOF

Starting to feel like the Mularkey era

I remember reading somewhere that Bruce Smith that he would kill anyone that played well for Hank Bullough.

I wonder if this transpiring with the current team.

I would say more Greggo like...

Although we don't have a silent assassin

I think that a good definition of an “internet troll” is someone who, from the anonymous safety of their computer, will goad others into a pointless, no-win debate with the goal of creating conflict. The internet troll, while utilizing rhetorical semantics, is not interested in logic, resolution, honest discourse, deliberation, or even changing minds. The ultimate goal of an internet troll is to elicit as much anger as possible from those with whom they disagree (even slightly). It is this thrill of conflict that gives the internet troll their feeling of power, and validation.

No one on these boards should be surprised at the insulting, disrespectful, and ultimately childish tenor of Johnny Gold’s posts. His blindness to his own hypocrisy has been on display in this thread, and others. In an earlier post he complained that someone had made fun of his screen name, and then in the very same post, lamented that he had been censured for calling someone a “faggot.” For real. Who would want to engage a person with such a clouded self-image? Not me.

Of course, this sort of cowardly prodding is nothing new, and it can be found all over the internet. In the above post, he tips his hand rather obviously when he declares, to whomever he hopes to offend, “I am smarter than you.” From the comments sections of CNN, to Craigslist Rants and Raves, it has become utterly commonplace. And, while even the majority of our most incendiary posters know better than to sabotage their own viewpoints with such childishness, TBD is not immune.

Edited by Rocky Landing

My personal feelings do fall along the lines of this tweet. There is quite a bit of talent on this roster with players who want to win. Honestly 1 position is really holding this team back from really competing...

I also have a hunch that every player on this team has to be perturbed to an extent about all of the competition for all of the spots, but yet no competition for EJ. I will even make the jump to say that not even a veteran as a backup who can help the kid isn't on the roster. The players aren't stupid, they know they will go as far as our QB takes them. I am sure most players don't like to lose...

I have been a manager for a little over a decade now and nothing pisses people off like favoritism, perceived or real. If those people want to perform but are being held back because of it...it can get really ugly...

You've got to be kidding me.

Blame the play calling.

Blame the running game/penalties that came with it

Blame the WR's who repeatedly fell running routes.

Blame the poor O Line play.

Blame the poor throws/decisions by the QB

But are you really going to claim "they didn't try hard enough, because manuel got his job too easy?" Give me a break. The whole damn offense played poorly. Stop focusing on the QB.

We have a young team, and young players are going to make stupid comments when we lose. Thats the gist of it.

The problem seems to be the playcalling. Everyone and their mother could see we ran like 5 different plays the entire game. Either Hackett is saving the playbook for the games that matter, or he is an idiot. I'm leaning towards idiot.

Edited by What a Tuel

Training Camp was too bleeping long at 35 days. Many players were PO'ed at Marrone for having a practice the after playing a game. Things boiled over in the last two days of camp with the fights and skirmishes that broke out in frustration. Time for the Whaley, Marrone, and the entire coaching staff to re-state the mission in order to get this team back to focusing on the upcoming season.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

NFL players know it and feel it when they are playing for and being led by good coaching. My view is that, outside the defensive side of the ball because we have good coaching top to bottom there, I sense that the core of the team is losing faith with the Head Coach and some of the Offensive Coaches, especially our way over matched and outclassed offensive coordinator.

Very true, look at the RG3 situation. We don't have a definitive QB (yet) that is worthy of a non competitive starting position. It should be fair to all players, or for sure there is going to be problems.

The Redskins may have a problem on there hands. Kurt Cousins is looking real good

And RG3 is not looking so good. Is it possible RG3 could be had in a trade. If he could

I would do some back channel talking with the Skins. How about Spiller and a 2016 number

1 pick.

The Redskins may have a problem on there hands. Kurt Cousins is looking real good

And RG3 is not looking so good. Is it possible RG3 could be had in a trade. If he could

I would do some back channel talking with the Skins. How about Spiller and a 2016 number

1 pick.

Your joking right? Do you actually think they would trade RG3?