8/18 O line shuffle

FluffHead

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, it's amazing that professional scouts and GMs of NFL teams cannot figure out who might be able to play in the league before they draft them. Imagine if an engineer was this dumb and didn't know how to build the foundation of a bridge.

The guy the Bills pick in 2nd round is a dud and the one they pick in the 7th is starting! Just amazing.

We need to hold the enthusiasm a bit on Henderson - the talent has always been there. He messes up off the field. So far so good on that end, but his ability was never really a big question mark, it was his attitude. And it was a big enough problem to scare away every other team. Remember , he was busted smoking pot at the combines. Not too sharp.

You know, it's amazing that professional scouts and GMs of NFL teams cannot figure out who might be able to play in the league before they draft them. Imagine if an engineer was this dumb and didn't know how to build the foundation of a bridge.

The guy the Bills pick in 2nd round is a dud and the one they pick in the 7th is starting! Just amazing.

Yes, comparing steel to a human being. Outstanding job...

I agree, although at this stage it may be more of an unhappiness with Legursky as the only legit backup center -- this being a means of evaluating Urbik as the backup.

I think that is certainly a factor, along with Urbik having taken a significant step backward last year from which he does not appear to have recovered.

As much as I despise Pears at RT (and he's terrible as a tackle), he could be almost decent at RG. Almost.

It's funny that when Fitz was QB and Chan head coach, everyone was very cool with both Urbik and Pears on the right side, and the FO re-signed both guys to longish-term deals.

Now, suddenly, they both are terrible?

Our best 4 on the field. Glenn, Pears, Wood, and Henderson. Richardson and Urbik to push Williams. I like it. Hope Pears can handle the interior power guys though, could be trouble being 6'8.

Him being tall has less to do with it than his lack of heart, skill, and hand/footwork.

That said, I'm all for trying him at RG. The best case scenario though would be to cut him and let New England grab him.

It's funny that when Fitz was QB and Chan head coach, everyone was very cool with both Urbik and Pears on the right side, and the FO re-signed both guys to longish-term deals.

Now, suddenly, they both are terrible?

Players play at the same level forever with no regression?

Kind of reminds you of our 2nd/7th round picks in 2008 (Hardy, Stevie)