8/18 O line shuffle

FluffHead

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea that he lied to everyone, which is the entire basis for your belief in this madness, isn't lost on you? Because direct quotes from Buddy Nix are true?

1. He lied.

2. The lie achieved it's intented purpose

3. He came out and explained that he lied, and how that lie achieved its intended purpose.

Bifrucation is now your word of the day. Assistance: http://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumption/false-dilemma/

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Yeah. It's insane to believe a direct quote from Buddy Nix.

:lol:

EDIT: I guess I have to explain that the best lies contain a lot of truth?

Examples in current events abound, but I'm not allowed to use any of them on this part of the board.

Kelly: just do me a favor, don't buy any land until you've checked with me first, OK?

OC, Glenn's reputation as a great guard prospect pre-dated Buddy's comments by a couple years. He was universally acclaimed by the scouting community as a can't miss prospect at guard after his freshman year. His ascendancy as a left tackle didn't take off until late in his senior year. He struggled mightily at the position early on in that season, but was dominant against some of the best defensive players in the country by the time the season ended. That ascendancy as a tackle continued throughout that post-season, from the Senior Bowl through the combine, pro day, and personal workouts.

That he became a blue chip left tackle was a revelation. That he was always a great prospect at guard was already well established.

GO BILLS!!!

OC, Glenn's reputation as a great guard prospect pre-dated Buddy's comments by a couple years. He was universally acclaimed by the scouting community as a can't miss prospect at guard after his freshman year. His ascendancy as a left tackle didn't take off until late in his senior year. He struggled mightily at the position early on in that season, but was dominant against some of the best defensive players in the country by the time the season ended. That ascendancy as a tackle continued throughout that post-season, from the Senior Bowl through the combine, pro day, and personal workouts.

That he became a blue chip left tackle was a revelation. That he was always a great prospect at guard was already well established.

GO BILLS!!!

Which.....is why the "he's only a guard, not a tackle" made the lie believeable.

It gave it credibility. That's the point. Buddy used that credibility to effectively convince the media that Glenn was a guard prospect, not a tackle. Don't you remember the "feet may be too slow to play tackle, but he's gonna be a hell of a guard" thing?

That's was Buddy, and he said as much. They put "not a LT" out there. And, after the draft, they said they put it out there.

Which.....is why the "he's only a guard, not a tackle" made the lie believeable.

It gave it credibility. That's the point. Buddy used that credibility to effectively convince the media that Glenn was a guard prospect, not a tackle. Don't you remember the "feet may be too slow to play tackle, but he's gonna be a hell of a guard" thing?

Which you extrapolated to say "For the 1 millionth time: The ONLY reason Cordy Glenn was considered as a guard is because Buddy Nix used his good ole boy connections, and put that lie out there."

Which is just flat wrong, Mr. Precise, as I said.

Buddy Nix was a joker. I guarantee you that he thought his little hint helped his cause and that it was not the main reason whatsoever let alone the ONLY reason.

That's was Buddy, and he said as much. They put "not a LT" out there. And, after the draft, they said they put it out there.

All I know is that by the end of his senior year, nobody in the scouting community believed he was just a guard. He was a legit tackle prospect by then so I doubt anyone took Buddy seriously. Given that Mayock was rating Glenn while confusing him with another lesser player completely, I'm not surprised that other pundits jumped on that same "he's a guard, not a tackle" bandwagon. Pundits are notoriously lazy that way.

GO BILLS!!!