Florio says Marrone will be fired after this season

All the if he wins he is safe comments, I think should be implied in the firing. Basically if Marrone proves to be good at his job, he stays with a chance to prove himself. He doesnt/win or isn't god at his job, new ownership will not hesitate to pull the trigger

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you're wrong, but the vibe I'm getting from this preseason isn't good - the offensive players seem to lack confidence and the offensive coaches (including Marrone) seem dyspeptic and unhappy. The players don't seem happy either - I mean, Manuel basically said today that he has no idea what the coaches are thinking with regard to Woods. Fred Jackson doesn't seem particularly cheery either.

That said, maybe good teams are supposed to be unhappy. At least they got Watkins, who I think was a great selection and worth the price. He'll be a difference maker.

This team has disaster written all over it. As much as I love Sammy Watkins a a player, I think they got schooled by the Browns in this trade, surrendering next year's first rounder to move up a mere 5 spots. That's the type of trade you make under 2 scenarios: (1) Acquiring a franchise QB (Think Giants and Eli) and (2) When your team is 1 player away (think Atlanta and Julio Jones). The Bills were in neither situation. Classic sign of a desperate front office unsure of its job security past this season. EJ is still developing as a QB and will likely make a number of mistakes along the way. The backup situation is disastrous. While Jacksonville does it right, having a veteran like Chad Henne in the room to support its young QB, this front office fills the roster with castoffs like Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis. On one hand, it's humorous. On the other hand, it's flat out sad.

The defense will keep this team in games, but this roster is not a playoff roster and I HOPE I'M DEAD WRONG!!!!

But it was speculation.

It wasn't: I hear that several competing bids are contingent upon front office upheaval.

Instead, it was: you know, generally when a new owner comes in they like to hire their own guys.

Okay, sure.

Stating the obvious and trying to pass it off as news.

I HOPE I'M DEAD WRONG!!!!

Ah yes, the mantra of the pessimist. If they suck, you can claim you're a visionary, if not you're happy. You win both ways.

We get it, you hate the moves this team is making.

Meanwhile, awesome teams like the 49ers have arguably a worse situation at backup QB than the Bills, and franchise Eli looks like absolute **** this preseason, worse than Manuel. Not everybody can make all the right moves, not everybody knows all the right moves. They're not perfect, but I think the Bills have made some very good moves and are hardly a disaster in the making.

Well if Florio said it, it must be true. New ownership always fires the HC.....except for when they don't. Move along, nothing to see here.

When it comes to the Bills and the internet, I stick with two simple rules:

1) It's not true until John Clayton says it isn't

2) If Tim Graham is happy, something bad happened to the Bills.

Edited by LABillzFan

This team has disaster written all over it. As much as I love Sammy Watkins a a player, I think they got schooled by the Browns in this trade, surrendering next year's first rounder to move up a mere 5 spots. That's the type of trade you make under 2 scenarios: (1) Acquiring a franchise QB (Think Giants and Eli) and (2) When your team is 1 player away (think Atlanta and Julio Jones). The Bills were in neither situation. Classic sign of a desperate front office unsure of its job security past this season. EJ is still developing as a QB and will likely make a number of mistakes along the way. The backup situation is disastrous. While Jacksonville does it right, having a veteran like Chad Henne in the room to support its young QB, this front office fills the roster with castoffs like Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis. On one hand, it's humorous. On the other hand, it's flat out sad.

The defense will keep this team in games, but this roster is not a playoff roster and I HOPE I'M DEAD WRONG!!!!

That's how it looks right now. I don't see much separation between the play of the 3 QB's so far. Sure its preseason but its preseason for every team so the excuse of playing vanilla or not wanting to show anything applies to every team including the defenses the Bills offense is facing. If the opposition is showing nothing exotic and your 2nd year QB still cannot figure 'it' out then you might have a problem.

I'm not that down on the Watkins trade up and it all depends on where the Bills finish in judging the costs. A top 10 pick and you got to think the Bills gave up too much, a pick in the 20's, not so much.

If the O-line comes together and the defense doesn't lose a step this team might go 8-8 even with medicore QB play. A good QB and we could be looking at 11 wins.

I think Marone is safe for one more season barring a major disaster like 4-12.

It seems like Marrone and Hackett Jr have done less with more when compared to Chan. I dont see the OL being coached up(wasnt Marrone an OL), seems like the same old crap from last year, cant get the ball in the endzone, cant run in short yardage. No imagination when it comes to using Spiller, etc.

As for Whaley he better be active after cuts to find this team a capable back-up QB.

I think if Marrone wins he is safe

I am not too sure about that. I think a lot of new owners would want to clean house as soon as they can.

The only potential check on that is the fact that a lot of the current bills' FO are trustees who are picking the new owner. Maybe the new owner will feel beholden to the current regime.

I am not too sure about that. I think a lot of new owners would want to clean house as soon as they can.

The only potential check on that is the fact that a lot of the current bills' FO are trustees who are picking the new owner. Maybe the new owner will feel beholden to the current regime.

in this case, if it's Pegula, I don't know if that would be the case. I think he would retain Brandon and let Brandon make the recommendations on FO personnel, at least for the 1st yr and especially if he has a winning record. Just my prediction.

in this case, if it's Pegula, I don't know if that would be the case. I think he would retain Brandon and let Brandon make the recommendations on FO personnel, at least for the 1st yr and especially if he has a winning record. Just my prediction.

I would agree with that prediction. Maybe a 1-2 yr honeymoon (similar to what the new browns owner did, if I recall).

It seems like Marrone and Hackett Jr have done less with more when compared to Chan. I dont see the OL being coached up(wasnt Marrone an OL), seems like the same old crap from last year, cant get the ball in the endzone, cant run in short yardage. No imagination when it comes to using Spiller, etc.

As for Whaley he better be active after cuts to find this team a capable back-up QB.

I would just go get Kyle Orton to start,

Well if Florio said it, it must be true. New ownership always fires the HC.....except for when they don't. Move along, nothing to see here.

I completely agree. There is no way to know this or even speculate about it at this point. If Marrone leads this team to the playoff, there is no way he gets fired. Way to early to be making those kinds of wild guesses.