Cyrus Kouandijo

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be radical, but not unprecedented

I'm pretty sure it would be unprecedented. Cutting a 2nd round pick 4 months after drafting him is the equivalent of a GM asking to be fired. And in a ownership transition year? Any talk of him getting cut is complete nonsense.

Anyhow, I watched the Sugar Bowl with my friend and I remember a point where I asked him "Have you ever seen a worse performance by a O-lineman in a bowl game?" His response was - "I can't believe this guy wants to declare this year, where does he think he'll get taken?" We both came to the conclusion that some hyper-aggressive agent probably got in his ear and convinced him that the money was there now.

It would be radical, but not unprecedented, to cut a high pick. I think the steelers did with a 1st round lineman, though they gave him one season before cutting him.

If the staff thinks he's hopeless, then what's the point in keeping him? If they think they can develop him, then there's reason to keep him. I have heard or seen nothing positive from him; that he is getting so badly abused by camp fodder is a red flag.

Remember this is the same staff that liked him enough after watching his tape, talking to his coaches and working him out individually took him with a premium pick less than 4 months ago.

How god awful terrible and uncaring would the guy have to be for the staff to throw up their hands and say its impossible that quick?

Remember this is the same staff that liked him enough after watching his tape, talking to his coaches and working him out individually took him with a premium pick less than 4 months ago.

How god awful terrible and uncaring would the guy have to be for the staff to throw up their hands and say its impossible that quick?

it doesn't matter. It won't happen,nor should it. NFL GMs don't cut 2nd rd picks due to on field play before their 1st season.

it doesn't matter. It won't happen,nor should it. NFL GMs don't cut 2nd rd picks due to on field play before their 1st season.

Well, that was my point. If they thought his talent was questionable enough that cutting him year 1 was remotely possible..... Well.... They wouldn't have drafted him that high.

They saw talent. A lot of it. It didn't disappear instantly.

It is unusual for a second round pick in a deep draft to be this raw. We really needed CK to compete for the right tackle position and he has been unable to do so. Our online was weak last year and needed to be upgraded. CK was a part of the plan to improve the online and I think the hope was that he would be able to start in his rookie year. I think there is a problem, but I hope I am wrong. I remember that Maybin seemed like a bust in his first training camp, and he was a bust. I am getting the same feeling with CK.

Cordy Glen is coming back that frees Henderson to move to RT. Assuming no OT injuries and that is always a big assumption they will be pretty good at Tackle. Kouandjo would certainly be great insurance if he could contribute this year but clearly that is not going to happen.

You're probably right. But having the oline coach publicly rip him suggests that there might be some serious regret and doubt.

I don't think I have ever seen a pick seem so lost and hopeless as he does. Even with Maybin, there was a random moment of luck that gave us hope.

You're probably right. But having the oline coach publicly rip him suggests that there might be some serious regret and doubt.

I don't think I have ever seen a pick seem so lost and hopeless as he does. Even with Maybin, there was a random moment of luck that gave us hope.

You don't remember Mike Williams? Sad, because he was LOST LOST LOST in his first year and a lot higher pick to boot.

Or that they hope it'll be a kick in the butt to get a fire lot.

Maybin didnt show much luck til the jets. With us he had that hold out then struggled to stay upright most plays. I'm not saying CK is in a good spot, just that it's early and our expectations were perhaps too high.

The poor kid is not getting it mentally. Thats what i thought last night .

looked drunk ish.

Morris can coach him up , but is there enough time to have hi make the 53 ?

Ps is tough path to attempt and IR is bordering on illegal

The poor kid is not getting it mentally. Thats what i thought last night .

looked drunk ish.

Morris can coach him up , but is there enough time to have hi make the 53 ?

Ps is tough path to attempt and IR is bordering on illegal

He has 12 if not 24 months to play himself off the 53. His college résumé and physical talents earned him a spot on the 53 the minute he was drafted.

Well, that was my point. If they thought his talent was questionable enough that cutting him year 1 was remotely possible..... Well.... They wouldn't have drafted him that high.

They saw talent. A lot of it. It didn't disappear instantly.

exactly. Not all draft picks fulfill expectations. But they won't make that determination for awhile.

He has 12 if not 24 months to play himself off the 53. His college résumé and physical talents earned him a spot on the 53 the minute he was drafted.

In that case , and i would agree of course. He better become of some value sooner than later. Last night freaked me out a little and i was already irritable about Legursky by then .

I still think he is a guard.......is LG in such lockdown that we dont want to take a highly touted OT and try him at LG?

I think the only thing holding this back is Glenns status

no reason not work him at guard , no reason not to work Seantrel at RT either .

especially if Glenn is the fulcrum here.

His career is a few minutes long but he's clearly a bust. I wouldn't want to start a new job working for you. I'd either have a coronary or get fired in minute 3.

The issue I have is that its one thing if he is looking this bad against the starters, but he isn't. He is looking this bad against UDFA's and street free agents who he is making look like a cross between Bruce Smith and Reggie White getting beaten on just about every play and beaten very badly...

I still think he is a guard.......is LG in such lockdown that we dont want to take a highly touted OT and try him at LG?

I think the only thing holding this back is Glenns status

Why do you think he is a guard? I'm not saying he can't move there but we are talking about a player with an extremely ectomorphic frame for an OL in CK. The Bills have struggled with pad level in the inside run game for a while, hence their inability to convert in short yardage/goal line despite a wealth of experience running the football in between the 20's. This guy is not built for low, drive blocking at all.

The issue I have is that its one thing if he is looking this bad against the starters, but he isn't. He is looking this bad against UDFA's and street free agents who he is making look like a cross between Bruce Smith and Reggie White getting beaten on just about every play and beaten very badly...

This is the issue EVERYBODY has.

Why do you think he is a guard? I'm not saying he can't move there but we are talking about a player with an extremely ectomorphic frame for an OL in CK. The Bills have struggled with pad level in the inside run game for a while, hence their inability to convert in short yardage/goal line despite a wealth of experience running the football in between the 20's. This guy is not built for low, drive blocking at all.

Isn't that part of the issue now? That he is having guys get under him and get him off balance? That would be much worse inside with guys typically bigger and stronger than what he is facing outside at tackle