Cyrus Kouandijo

You don't remember Mike Williams? Sad, because he was LOST LOST LOST in his first year and a lot higher pick to boot.

As bad as our memory is of Mike Williams, this actually is not true. Big Mike was actually a pretty decent RT his rookie year, when he started from Day One. The big problem for him was conditioning and an inability to play through pain. He regressed badly in his second year -- and everything went downhill from there.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some more historical perspective, has anyone yet mentioned Jim Ritcher? He was an Outland winning Center at NC State, drafted in the first round by the Bills in 1980 (back when Centers, not LTs, were considered the most important OLmen) and he flopped terribly as a center in the NFL. Chuck Knox, who had such high hopes for him at C, swallowed hard and made him a G, where he became a mainstay of the OL through the 1980s. So there is no need to despair. Not yet, anyway.

@BuffRumblings: Cyrus Kouandjio had a very noticeable bad play at the end of #Bills-Steelers. But there's more to see on the tape http://t.co/4h9L2A872y

That's the Buffnews article on tbd front page. Interesting stuff from Marrone. Kujo himself is a little overconfident, and I very much doubt he dominated for 30 plays like he says but I like his attitude. I'm positive from what Marrone has said about him a few different times that they view him differently than us fans do.

That's the Buffnews article on tbd front page. Interesting stuff from Marrone. Kujo himself is a little overconfident, and I very much doubt he dominated for 30 plays like he says but I like his attitude. I'm positive from what Marrone has said about him a few different times that they view him differently than us fans do.

oops didn't see it there. Thanks!

Kujo is a rookie but even if he was highly drafted it still takes more time for some. McKelvin needed a couple of years at CB.

OL is like CB most need a few years to develop, and don't bloom until year 3. Give Kujo time. The dude is T and not a G.

It sounds like the reason why Cyrus has not been moved to Guard is this is Marrone's project......this is the guy Doug is saying "I am a OL coach and I can fix this"

I mean.....if I am gonna take on a project I would like to take one on with the tools Cyrus has.......because if he figures it out we got us a really good RT

My thoughts on the pick are that Henderson is panning out better than we could have foreseen, even if he were a 2nd round pick, and CK, worse, almost like a 7th rounder. To me it is a wash. Really not a big deal. Bummer yes we found what looks to be a top notch starting OT, and one who may get cut in a year or two from a 7th and a 2nd round pick. Doesn't matter to me where each was picked.