Preseason game 3: Bills-Steelers Pre-game (and game thread)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got the wrong guy. I'm all for holding the team accountable and I'll lay into them when they deserve it. But melting down over a pre-season practice game isn't worth the energy that much emotion requires.

People also need to get over their hopes that Manuel is a finished product. He's started 10 real games and played in a handful of pre-season games yet people think he's going to look like a polished pro. The guy is going to struggle - and struggle a lot. It's up to the coaching staff to put him into positions where he can succeed. In pre-season games they're not looking to do that, they're looking to get work in.

As I said upstream, they will not have him chucking the ball around 27 times a half in the regular season. They won't be lining up in shotgun formations on 4th and 1. They'll protect him. But go ahead and get all depressed over some practice.

If people want something to be demoralized about it's not the QB - it's the D. That unit needs to carry the Bills this year along with a strong running game. It's what the entire organization is counting on. Nobody is counting on the QB to be the center piece of this team.

If your qb isn't the center piece of your team, you are doomed.

I'm gonna nickname EJ Manuel " OBAMA"! Even when he does good, he still gets no credit!

You mean he's going to blame Fitzpatrick for all of his own interceptions, and take credit for defensive and special teams touchdowns?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

If your qb isn't the center piece of your team, you are doomed.

Like the Seahawks? They did exactly what I outlined and were good enough on D and with the running game to protect Wilson. It's what you do with young QBs. There are a few guys per decade who are good enough coming into the league to be the cog that makes everything go on a winning team. It takes time, but hey, you don't want to hear that. You want what you want and you want it now!