Preseason game 3: Bills-Steelers Pre-game (and game thread)

YoloinOhio

Ok. And I'm telling you Russell Wilson is not the central piece to the Seahawks team. It's just not true.

Does he make plays? Yes. But the guy passed for under 200 yards 6 times last season and only passed over 300 yards twice. I repeat he is not the central piece for that team.

No way in hell that team even gets to the Super Bowl without Wilson, no effin way

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but if you think any RB is more important than any QB on a good team, you are not aware of how the current NFL works. If they lost Marshawn,they would still have won the Super Bowl. No Wilson and they are nowhere close to winning the Super Bowl.

Huh? Gee I don't remember Wilson winning the Super Bowl MVP.

No way in hell that team even gets to the Super Bowl without Wilson, no effin way

You obviously didn't watch any Seahawks games... I just told you in 6 games Wilsons play wasn't even a factor. He was a game manager, for lack of a better word.

Yes he would still have to make the occasional play, but that team is not, I repeat not centered or based around Russell Wilson.

EDIT: and btw, just because the team isn't centered around Wilson that doesn't mean he isn't a good player. But he's still learning the game and he's allowed to play the way he does knowing his run game and defense are there. It's that simple really.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

well this is where I stop responding to this subject. That statement makes no sense. ...

Are you even following the conversation? The poster said Wilson was the reason the Seahawks won the Super Bowl, please enlighten me where the confusion is?

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Huh? Gee I don't remember Wilson winning the Super Bowl MVP.

I gotta say that I am pretty surprised that any regular watcher of the game does not understand how good Russell Wilson has been. That Lynch fellow used to be on Buffalo. That really propelled the Bills to a Super Bowl victory.

Fred Jackson has probably been the best Bill over the last 5 years. It does not translate into wins. Adrian Petersen is arguably the best RB over the last 5 years and I haven't seen Minnesota doing much of anything. Running back is the easiest piece to replace on a team. QB is by far the hardest.

If Wilson was a Bill, you would probably understand his importance.

It's unusual to find a good QB on a bad team or a bad QB on a good team. It's not a coincidence.

No Wilson and they are nowhere close to winning the Super Bowl.

If that's how you feel then we'll just have to agree to disagree. I think Wilson will end up being a great QB but his coaches realize he's not there now so they've protected him the past 2 seasons - and rightly so. Without a dominant D that team struggles to make the playoffs, much less win the super bowl.

EJ Manual has started 10 friggin' football games. Cut the kid some slack. It's not about making excuses, it's about being realistic. He will not light the league on fire this year. All we can hope for is a dominant D with a good running game and a game manager QB until he learns the ropes. If you're expecting more than that you're expecting him to be Luck or Marino which isn't going to happen.

It's actually funny how two of the best teams in the NFL aren't passing teams at all but rather throw back teams who play great D and rely on a good running game to protect young QBs. It's not to say those QBs aren't important to their teams but the teams don't rely on them to win games for them. They're simply a cog in the machine.