Preseason game 3: Bills-Steelers Pre-game (and game thread)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you watch any Seattle games? The were a run heavy team and there defense dominated. Wilson was not the center piece. Just look at the Super Bowl.

Wow, not sure what to say to that.... have seen how incredible Wilson is at extending plays? If there was ever a qb to have IT, he has IT. Does he pass like Brady or Manning? No, totally different gift.

Didn't see the game. Hoping it is replayed on NFLN this week. EJs stats look fine but sounds like they couldn't get it in the end zone. I remember last year (some of you know I follow the chargers pretty closely) - they didn't score a TD with the 1st team O until their 2nd to last game and even that was a run. Rivers didn't throw a TD the whole PS. just fwiw. EJ is kind of a slow starter.

Btw Antonio brown 157, Gilmore 0 going back to week 10 last year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

You don't think Wilson is the single most important Seahawk? Who is?

The defense. Marshawn.

Does Wilson still make plays? Of course, but the fact that he can go 8-19 for 142 yards against the 49ers and the Seahawks still win the game should tell you he isn't the center piece.

A lot of convenient excuses in here, just saying.

Good teams may not win all their preseason games but their starters don't look like hot garbage. We've had a lot of hot garbage from our starters in preseason a during this playoff drought, and shocker, it has resulted in hot garbage during the regular season.

I know this will get dismissed as me "overreacting" but I'll dismiss those responses as fanboys wearing their rose colored glasses.

Half our starters weren't even playing. The 80 yard Antonio Brown touchdown was caused by Duke Williams and Corey Graham running into each other, neither of them are starters.

Didn't see the game. Hoping it is replayed on NFLN this week. EJs stats look fine but sounds like they couldn't get it in the end zone. I remember last year (some of you know I follow the chargers pretty closely) - they didn't score a TD with the 1st team O until their 2nd to last game and even that was a run. Rivers didn't throw a TD the whole PS. just fwiw. EJ is kind of a slow starter.

Btw Antonio brown 157, Gilmore 0 going back to week 10 last year.

Actually no. They had Graham covering Brown instead of Gilmore which surprised me.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

The defense. Marshawn.

Does Wilson still make plays? Of course, but the fact that he can go 8-19 for 142 yards against the 49ers and the Seahawks still win the game should tell you he isn't the center piece.

Sorry, but if you think any RB is more important than any QB on a good team, you are not aware of how the current NFL works. If they lost Marshawn,they would still have won the Super Bowl. No Wilson and they are nowhere close to winning the Super Bowl.

Wow, not sure what to say to that.... have seen how incredible Wilson is at extending plays? If there was ever a qb to have IT, he has IT. Does he pass like Brady or Manning? No, totally different gift.

Ok. And I'm telling you Russell Wilson is not the central piece to the Seahawks team. It's just not true.

Does he make plays? Yes. But the guy passed for under 200 yards 6 times last season and only passed over 300 yards twice. I repeat he is not the central piece for that team.

Actually no. They had Graham covering Brown instead of Gilmore which surprised me.

ohhhh that makes me feel better actually!

Thad is going to get cut.

Half our starters weren't even playing. The 80 yard Antonio Brown touchdown was caused by Duke Williams and Corey Graham running into each other, neither of them are starters.

ah. I assumed Gilmore got toasted by him again.i like Gilmore but he struggled with brown quite a bit last yr and practice this week. Edited by YoloinOhio

Don't worry, Gilmore held his own against Emmanuel Sanders...

:/

:lol: Well we'll find out if that's true when we play the Broncos this year.

The guy that beat Gilmore on the TD I have never heard of.