Would you swap EJ for Manziel right now?

Would you swap EJ for Johnny Football?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Based on this weekend's play, would you swap EJ for Manziel?

• Yes
    • No
    • Can I party with each and then decide?

He is starting the next game.

I thought Pettine hadn't quite made up his mind about that. Says he will decide on Thursday. Supposedly he and Hoyer are splitting 1st team reps today.

For what it's worth:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/12/johnny-manziel-and-brian-hoyer-will-split-starter-reps-monday/

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Pettine hadn't quite made up his mind about that. Says he will decide on Thursday. Supposedly he and Hoyer are splitting 1st team reps today.

For what it's worth:

http://profootballta...er-reps-monday/

They reported Saturday before Game 1 that he was definitely starting game 2. They must have changed their minds. Edited by YoloinOhio

Lil' Donte being a good locker room guy...

http://www.cbssports...anziel-hoyer.

We can only hope this is a complete schittstorm come Nov 30.

I got a broken link.

But if it is the story I think it is, Donte doesn't say anything inflammatory. Basically says some guys prefer one QB while others like another. I recally he went out of his way to say they both are good and there is no real division,

They reported Saturday before Game 1 that he was definitely starting game 2. They must have changed their minds.

Yes, I heard the story too. They either changed their minds (or didn't) or the story was bogus/misinterpretation of what Pettine said. Just guessing though.

Edited by The Dean

I'd take Hoyer over Thad or Tuel in a heartbeat to be the number 2 here.

Sure but the Browns are not trading him unless they get a high draft pick and no one is giving that up for Hoyer. Mostly, though, the browns aren't going into the season with just Manziel and Grossman unless they are hanging the "wait til next year" sign on the door already. One decent hit on money phone and Sexy Rexy is under center for the 1st time in 3 years.

Sure but the Browns are not trading him unless they get a high draft pick and no one is giving that up for Hoyer. Mostly, though, the browns aren't going into the season with just Manziel and Grossman unless they are hanging the "wait til next year" sign on the door already. One decent hit on money phone and Sexy Rexy is under center for the 1st time in 3 years.

Exactly. Hoyer is not going anywhere. Grossman is insurance and mentoring.

These are crazy...

I would take Rodgers, Peyton, and Brees for sure!!!

Probably a dozen others too....

But trading for anything unknown or seemingly equivalent is foolish

Would you have traded EJ now for Andrew Luck before he took an NFL snap?