Manziel watch 2014!

FireChan

when in the last 3 years has there not been something -- the original arrest, the signing issue/suspension, the manning camp being the big national stories...

he hasnt even gotten to the regular season and we have lastnight, the money phone, riding a swan, his coach saying they want him to tone it down.... for the browns its all been little stuff, but its been pretty consistent.

There hasn't been much of substance since the autograph incident.

The height of arrogance was the Browns owner--a stone cold crook who stole millions form his loyal customers--lecturing Manziel on how to behave.

You're right. I'm sure they all want their kids seeing a guy giving people the finger.

I don't care about the finger. It just confirms what he is. A spoiled little rich douche. He's been on easy street his whole life. Doesn't surprise me crumbles under the first sign of adversity.

The point you missed is that fans of those teams are pretty happy with their QB's--no need for them to indulge in piling on a rookie QB in order to feel better about their own QB situation....

And Kevin sumlin's offense, a top 10 6'5" receiver, and 2 top 5 picks OTs.

"Kevin Sumlin's offense" was Johnny Manziel.

why would anyone on this forum care about Manziel.. he is not a Bill move on

See above---it's called whistling past the graveyard.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly off topic. Bud Adams got 250k for his similar "outburst". So assuming Roger Goodell plays by the rules, we should see the same correct? Either that or a lesser fine plus a game or two.

Not saying it's deserved per say but the same crime was committed just a few years ago. This should match.

Edited by Mango

Slightly off topic. Bud Adams got 250k for his similar "outburst". So assuming Roger Goodell plays by the rules, we should see the same correct? Either that or a lesser fine plus a game or two.

Not saying it's deserved per say but the same crime was committed just a few years ago. This should match.

A game or two for that? Really? :)

According to ESPN:

The NFL no doubt will review the tape, and Manziel will be subject to an $11,025 fine. He can appeal his first fine, and it can be limited to 25 percent of a weekly check of close to $6,200.
Edited by CodeMonkey

As much as I can't stand this little punk, I'd still be against missing any games for a finger. Definite fine. No suspension.

As much as I can't stand this little punk, I'd still be against missing any games for a finger. Definite fine. No suspension.

well, its a basic offense with precedent so its going to be a minor fine.

bud adams is an owner and not under the CBA umbrella.

Edited by NoSaint

There hasn't been much of substance since the autograph incident.

The height of arrogance was the Browns owner--a stone cold crook who stole millions form his loyal customers--lecturing Manziel on how to behave.

The point you missed is that fans of those teams are pretty happy with their QB's--no need for them to indulge in piling on a rookie QB in order to feel better about their own QB situation....

"Kevin Sumlin's offense" was Johnny Manziel.

See above---it's called whistling past the graveyard.

Have you visited all those other team's boards or you just talking out of your butt? And I think most fans won't care as much about Manziel if there weren't posters here saying how much better was than EJ before he ever took a NFL snap.

And Kevin Sumlin's offense produced the leading passer in ncaa history. So he has a good pretty good offense. And like Manziel, Keenum had a really good college career. Not so much in the pros. We'll see about johnny football.

I'm sure that if you went to any of the message boards of the teams you mentioned, there is at least one thread laughing at Manziel's performance and antics. This has less to do with QB situation than it does with Manziel himself. But since you like him, you'll continue to make excuses for him.

They are already talking on Cleveland radio about whether they are going to draft Marriota or Hundley next year. lol.

See, it's not just in Buffalo!

Haha. Good to hear. I don't think he will be good but it's just as stupid as the people who have given up EJ. Qbs need time to grow.

Have you visited all those other team's boards or you just talking out of your butt? And I think most fans won't care as much about Manziel if there weren't posters here saying how much better was than EJ before he ever took a NFL snap.

And Kevin Sumlin's offense produced the leading passer in ncaa history. So he has a good pretty good offense. And like Manziel, Keenum had a really good college career. Not so much in the pros. We'll see about johnny football.

Why would any of those fans have more than a passing interest in JM? They have outstanding QB's.

The offense Keenum played was nothing like the Manziel A and M offense. Are you saying that all of that improvisation by JM was scripted by Sumlin?

I'm sure that if you went to any of the message boards of the teams you mentioned, there is at least one thread laughing at Manziel's performance and antics. This has less to do with QB situation than it does with Manziel himself. But since you like him, you'll continue to make excuses for him.

There might be a thread, but not several on the front page alone. Nor would there be the bizarre vitriol over a guy who doesn't even play here.

I can imagine few if any of those teams' fans have the kind of ill will and unvarnished hope for failure of a rookie QB on another team like people here have. It would make no sense for those teams fans to behave that way. Why would they really get as worked up about JM? They are all set at QB....

Why would any of those fans have more than a passing interest in JM? They have outstanding QB's.

The offense Keenum played was nothing like the Manziel A and M offense. Are you saying that all of that improvisation by JM was scripted by Sumlin?

There might be a thread, but not several on the front page alone. Nor would there be the bizarre vitriol over a guy who doesn't even play here.

I can imagine few if any of those teams' fans have the kind of ill will and unvarnished hope for failure of a rookie QB on another team like people here have. It would make no sense for those teams fans to behave that way. Why would they really get as worked up about JM? They are all set at QB....

It's a contingency plan. Rooting for other young QB's to fail will further validate the EJ selection. Even if EJ busts they will be able to say, "yeah but what were the other choices? Manziel sucked, Geno sucked, yada yada."

Just wait. The EJ bashers will soon be here with the,"we should have signed Manziel" nonsense.

It's early in Manziel's transition to the pros. However, there are signs he processes the game quickly. With more reps I think he's going to be Tony Romo +. Which, sadly, is a more positive projection than EJ, whom remains inaccurate with sub par football instincts. Note to Bills scouts and FO: when drafting a QB, size ain't everything!

It's early in Manziel's transition to the pros. However, there are signs he processes the game quickly. With more reps I think he's going to be Tony Romo +. Which, sadly, is a more positive projection than EJ, whom remains inaccurate with sub par football instincts. Note to Bills scouts and FO: when drafting a QB, size ain't everything!

Who the Hell's projections are these? Yours? This is based on nothing. As many flaws as Romo has, if you knew Manziel was going to be Romo, he'd be a top 5 pick instead of in the 20s.

A quick search revealed (scroll down to the bottom half of the page): http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/forums/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.10/

And yet, there is this thread on the PatsFan website:

http://www.patsfans....-idiot.1110749/

EDIT: In addition to Doc's link above. Thats two threads on your Pats message board

Edited by Fan in Chicago

A quick search revealed (scroll down to the bottom half of the page): http://www.patsfans....s-fan-forum.10/

And yet, there is this thread on the PatsFan website:

http://www.patsfans....-idiot.1110749/

EDIT: In addition to Doc's link above. Thats two threads on your Pats message board

Where is the thread where they ask if their fans would rather have JM instead of Brady now?

Looks more like they are gloating.

I like how they all say they wished the Jets had drafted JM. No mention of the Bills.

Where is the thread where they ask if their fans would rather have JM instead of Brady now?

Why would they create such a thread? Maybe there would be a JM over Garrrrooopppppooollooo thread, but that's about it. And it sounds like PTR created that thread to get people to put their opinions down in writing, not necessarily that he would take JM over EJ. And if we started a new poll right now, I doubt JM would get many votes.

Looks more like they are gloating.

Sounds like it, even though landing Brady and him playing were pure dumb luck on the Pats' part. We'll see if they're gloating once Brady hangs 'em up and Garrrooopppppooollloo takes the reins.

I like how they all say they wished the Jets had drafted JM. No mention of the Bills.

What do you like about it?

They're not going to suspend him for flipping the bird.

Hell, you need to beat your woman unconscious just to lose two games.