Manziel watch 2014!

FireChan

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This incident confirms my concerns about Manziel. He has just as much potential to become the next great bust as he does to be the next great thing. If this is his reaction in a meaningless preseason game, what is he going to do when he plays in Pittsburg or Cincinnati?

His behavior is Ryan Leaf-esque.

Edited by chris heff

Flipping the middle finger is such a thing he would do. So passive aggressive. Such a d bag move.

Manziel is the type of dud who talks a lot crap when he is a big group. But the second he's by himself, he is quiet.

Intentional or not, I like it. :lol:

This incident confirms my concerns about Manziel. He has just as much potential to become the next great bust as he does to be the next great thing. If this is his reaction in a meaningless preseason game, what is he going to do when he plays in Pittsburg or Cincinnati?

His behavior is Ryan Leaf-esque.

I was watching when he did that. I figured someone said something about the dropped pass he had just thrown on 4th down and that was his response. Immature for sure, but is it really that big of a deal? If Manuel had done that there would be post after post here about showing confidence, or having an edge that people liked along with others condemning it. Non-issue in my mind.

I was watching when he did that. I figured someone said something about the dropped pass he had just thrown on 4th down and that was his response. Immature for sure, but is it really that big of a deal? If Manuel had done that there would be post after post here about showing confidence, or having an edge that people liked along with others condemning it. Non-issue in my mind.

I don't agree about the EJ part. If EJ did that, I think fans would be saying, "uh, oh...EJ's starting to unravel."

ryan Clark was on mike and mike this morning. He said that a Redskins player told him he wasn't in college anymore and the guys now are faster. Then came the finger.

ryan Clark was on mike and mike this morning. He said that a Redskins player told him he wasn't in college anymore and the guys now are faster. Then came the finger.

Hah, sure that's all what was said. That might have been the message, but I'm sure it was laced with prison-yard profanity.

I don't agree about the EJ part. If EJ did that, I think fans would be saying, "uh, oh...EJ's starting to unravel."

It would be about 50-50 edge vs. immature. Which is more than the 99% "this kid is a jerk" that it is with Manziel.

Manziel reminds me of the greats more and more. He was pissed about his performance. He played badly, he got mad. He didn't sit there stone-faced and say, "we didn't do what we wanted etc." Obviously there's a potential for a Leaf melt-down, but he also may use that passion to great effect to improve his game.

Oh gee so a 21 year old kid flips off some opposing team members who've been heckling him. Oh boy, wheels are coming off, that guy is so immature! Reality is his maturity level with all he's handling is light years past most of those criticizing him.

Are you saying it is acceptable for an NFL player to flip the middle finger ? I think it is not. When a player is evaluated to be 'NFL ready', it is not just for his football prowess. It is combination of several factors and especially at the QB position. JM came into the league with great expectations but so did Luck, RGIII and the like. He is not dealing with some unique situation that somehow excuses himself from such immature behavior.

Are you saying it is acceptable for an NFL player to flip the middle finger ? I think it is not. When a player is evaluated to be 'NFL ready', it is not just for his football prowess. It is combination of several factors and especially at the QB position. JM came into the league with great expectations but so did Luck, RGIII and the like. He is not dealing with some unique situation that somehow excuses himself from such immature behavior.

IMO, and I've said it before, his enablers do not do him any favors. It isn't a one time thing. It is a pattern of behavior. I have no idea if he will turn out to be a bust or a great player in the NFL. But come on, he needs to be handling things better at this point.

Actually a lot of people are saying he needs time to develop, not sure where nfl-ready comes from. And even if it applied to a 21-year old in preseason, posting the instances of less than exemplieary instances from "nfl-ready" vets would max out TBDs servers.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

If Manuel had done that there would be post after post here about showing confidence, or having an edge that people liked along with others condemning it. Non-issue in my mind.

Everything has to be taken in whole though. If EJ did it given his past it would be an anomaly. When Manziel does something like this it's par for the course and just another example of him immaturity and inability to handle the big stage. This incident by itself is no big deal but taken in whole his tendencies are troubling. The kid needs to grow up, and fast, if he's going to find success.

Everything has to be taken in whole though. If EJ did it given his past it would be an anomaly. When Manziel does something like this it's par for the course and just another example of him immaturity and inability to handle the big stage. This incident by itself is no big deal but taken in whole his tendencies are troubling. The kid needs to grow up, and fast, if he's going to find success.

I agree. If things like that affect either his play or the play of his teammates (or draws a unsportsman penalty maybe?) then yes he needs to "grow up". Otherwise, I have seen people talking crap as they run off the field or back to the huddle for years. This was just that, only non-verbal ;)

IMO, and I've said it before, his enablers do not do him any favors. It isn't a one time thing. It is a pattern of behavior. I have no idea if he will turn out to be a bust or a great player in the NFL. But come on, he needs to be handling things better at this point.

agreed. if it were just one or two things -- no big deal. that its always something is a red flag though. red flags dont mean you automatically fail, but i think its fair to say that the entirety of his off field track record would put him in a higher risk grouping.