Manziel watch 2014!

FireChan

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

roethlisberger and Luck, then helped Palmer get good enough again to win 11 games.

He may be a very good coach,, but he did not really develop Luck at all, nor Rothlisberger. They were already good and the kind of players before he got them. Palmer, obviously, too.

Coaches can make a nice difference for an offense as a whole, and put players in positions to succeed. But he surely didnt develop Luck. The first three years of Ben's career, Arians was the WR coach.

imo, no matter how good a QB is entering the NFL, there is still a great deal if development that takes place. May not be in areas that we see as fans, but film study, game planning and prep, etc in the nfl is very different and something every rookie has to work at. Even more so, no matter how good they are when they start out, one of the biggest challenges is staying ahead of the DCs who now have film on you. Ben was devastated when the steelers fired him. It was the colts gain. I believe the colts would have been better off with Arians at HC than Pagano. JMO. It could have never worked out that way with pagano's situation and Arians had multiple HC opportunities.

While I agree with most if not all of that, Andrew Luck was probably the best NFL QB prospect ever, even better than Manning. Not saying he's a better player or ever will be, but as far as being polished and NFL ready, with an NFL QB as his dad, and NFL coaching with Harbaugh (and then David Shaw), Luck was a complete player when he entered the league. I'm sure he liked Arians who likely did a great job with him. And with Ben, too. But they were going to be great anyway. Ben had won the Super Bowl already.

While I agree with most if not all of that, Andrew Luck was probably the best NFL QB prospect ever, even better than Manning. Not saying he's a better player or ever will be, but as far as being polished and NFL ready, with an NFL QB as his dad, and NFL coaching with Harbaugh (and then David Shaw), Luck was a complete player when he entered the league. I'm sure he liked Arians who likely did a great job with him. And with Ben, too. But they were going to be great anyway. Ben had won the Super Bowl already.

And Arians was the Steelers' WR's coach during Big Ben's first 3 years. Speaking of Manning, Arians was his QB coach from 1998-2000. I'd agree that I wouldn't credit Arians with developing either player. But I do think he's a very good offensive mind.

So much love for a BROWNS' player. Unreal.

November 30th can't get here fast enough to shut up all the supposed Bills fans on this guy's jock. It's tough to tell where Johnny's testicles end and his fans here begin.

There are a few on the board that I'm not sure will be happy if our D makes him look silly.

There are a few on the board that I'm not sure will be happy if our D makes him look silly.

Not if. When. This bills d is no joke. They are going to destroy Johnny football and I will cheer them on as they do so.

I like Johnny Football, but I hope the Bills crush his ribs on the first play of the game and he can't come back.

Yup.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of talk about this already this morning. Kid doesn't take being an NFL QB seriously and there will be repercussions - both from Cleveland fans & the League. IMO, Goodell's mark will go down in history for 'Defending the Shield'. Johnny-boy is gonna learn the hard way -in his wallet and possible suspension.

I love this quote:

<smug look on his face>

"I gets words exchange to me every game, through the entirety of them, week after week, game after game."

Is that suppose to be an excuse for why you did that JFF? How about, it was immature, or I was immature and can't let things get to me. I'm sorry but he(JFF) has built himself up, so when he plays like crap, he deserves all the "words" he gets, especially when he chooses to be the way he is in public.

Welcome to the big league.

I love this quote:

<smug look on his face>

"I gets words exchange to me every game, through the entirety of them, week after week, game after game."

Is that suppose to be an excuse for why you did that JFF? How about, it was immature, or I was immature and can't let things get to me. I'm sorry but he(JFF) has built himself up, so when he plays like crap, he deserves all the "words" he gets, especially when he chooses to be the way he is in public.

Welcome to the big league.

It's the same issue manifesting many ways, it seems. Johnny appears to think he's outside the standards others are held to pretty consistently. It'll be interesting to see if pettine can ease that transition into the real world (or whatever equivalent term might apply to an nfl qbs world).....