Manziel watch 2014!

FireChan

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browns fans that I know seem to think Connor Shaw ("Shawsome") is the answer over JF.

UDFA is thought of to be better than the 1st round pick? No fan base is that stupid, are they? And at least, Shaw was good in college.

And say what you want, but I think beating Kevin Kolb out to be a starter is a lot more impressive than losing a starting job to Brian Hoyer.

UDFA is thought of to be better than the 1st round pick? No fan base is that stupid, are they? And at least, Shaw was good in college.

And say what you want, but I think beating Kevin Kolb out to be a starter is a lot more impressive than losing a starting job to Brian Hoyer.

Who beat out Kevin Kolb? Mike Vick?

Their first 3 games are very tough, then I believe they have their off week. If they are 0-3 Johnny Finger will be starting game 4.

Steelers, Saints, Ravens in the first 3 weeks. Not many teams in the league would do better than 1-2; most would go 0-3. Not sure if Hoyer will be held responsible. If anything, their defense will give up too many points in the first two weeks. If they can steal one from Baltimore (at home against the original Browns - emotionally charged game), I think Hoyer stays.

Part of me hopes the do rush Manziel into starting. Just means I don't have to wait as long to see him get smacked down.

Steelers, Saints, Ravens in the first 3 weeks. Not many teams in the league would do better than 1-2; most would go 0-3. Not sure if Hoyer will be held responsible. If anything, their defense will give up too many points in the first two weeks. If they can steal one from Baltimore (at home against the original Browns - emotionally charged game), I think Hoyer stays.

Part of me hopes the do rush Manziel into starting. Just means I don't have to wait as long to see him get smacked down.

I really think Hoyer stinks. He's a 6 year vet and it took him almost 3 weeks of preseason to officially beat out a rookie QB with constant off the field "issues." Hoyer is definitely not the answer, and any excuse to yank him will be exercised.

I really think Hoyer stinks. He's a 6 year vet and it took him almost 3 weeks of preseason to officially beat out a rookie QB with constant off the field "issues." Hoyer is definitely not the answer, and any excuse to yank him will be exercised.

i agree. He will not be the starter by the time we play them unless manziel is hurt. And it will probably happen before that. He won it by default.

Hoyer will be held responsible, just like EJ would.

More importantly (I believe) the owner wants J Finger as the starter sooner rather than later. This gives Pettine "his way" while still putting Finger on the field early in his rookie season.

i agree. He will not be the starter by the time we play them unless manziel is hurt. And it will probably happen before that. He won it by default.

Hoyer's strength was mobility. With the knee injury he's lost that too. If not after the bye, then maybe a couple more games, that's why I'm saying around week 5 or 6 I most likely see him gone. That whole browns team has failed to impress, so the losing record won't all be on hoyer, but still that will add to pressure to make a change.

In the long run, this will actually be good for JF, both to give him time to learn, and not be be thrown to the wolves early in the season when the browns look sure to get off to bad start

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack