Top Posters In This Topic

cahoots

A GREAT album.

The+Band+-+Cahoots+-+SHM+CD-452432.jpg

syllable fail

On another topic...

http://sports.yahoo....-145637920.html

JBJ has a new league to buy into.

Why not, Jaws is involved. (BTW, I think fans gave Jaws a raw deal for his comments. But I get it. He's still the best analyst in football.)

Edited by The Dean

I keep reading this: The Bon Jovi group(or x group) reportedly made a presentation to the Bills trust Tuesday, in which they were provided extensive financial and background information on the franchise.

I was under the impression the Bills were the ones providing information to potential bidder why would any group be providing a "presentation" and why does it keep getting report as such?

When this is all over, there really needs to be some kind of public posthumous honoring of Mr. Wilson. As much as he was vilified during his lifetime, it's becoming more and more clear that he successfully used the restrictive lease and his trust to forge a long term future for the team in Buffalo. And notably, he did so knowing that it would come at a considerable cost to his estate.

Mr. Wilson is no less a hero than is the new owner (I'm hoping that's Pegula).

When this is all over, there really needs to be some kind of public posthumous honoring of Mr. Wilson. As much as he was vilified during his lifetime, it's becoming more and more clear that he successfully used the restrictive lease and his trust to forge a long term future for the team in Buffalo. And notably, he did so knowing that it would come at a considerable cost to his estate.

This X 1,000,000,000,000

I keep reading this: The Bon Jovi group(or x group) reportedly made a presentation to the Bills trust Tuesday, in which they were provided extensive financial and background information on the franchise.

I was under the impression the Bills were the ones providing information to potential bidder why would any group be providing a "presentation" and why does it keep getting report as such?

Where was that reported? Most likely whatever you read was written by someone who misunderstood the process.

El Pegual MUST

be the front

runner given

the size

of his bid

however

the

process

will likely extennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd

another

month

- E.E. Jauronimo

I

can

envision

William Shatner

as James T. Kirk

reading

your post

aloud

Stayin :thumbsup:

Edited by tsnbd

http://bills.buffalo...t-going-happen/

Any more questions about the Bills being moved should be put to rest.

But the Bills would be worth $4 trillion is they moved to L.A! People here and elsewhere said that some rich guy, REGARDLESS of the lease, would sue the state and county because any lease can be broken, and move them to SoCal. Any report of a billionaire from Los Angeles pulling out of the bidding just can't be believed.

GO BILLS!!!

Ralph was not cheap in his heart! Great post

You know who else deserves an atta boy? Russ Brandon and Jeffrey Littman. Start listening at the 4 minute mark:

http://audio.wgr550....-poloncarz.htm?

Polancarz: We knew there was a bit of consternation over the lease, but not so much on the term or the continued use of RWS. More about the non-relocation agreement...We know there were some owners who were not really too thrilled with that. But I have to give Bills management, Mr. Brandon and Mr. Littman, a lot of props for selling it to the NFL because I know some owners did not like that there would be a non-relocation agreement.

Any guesses which owners were against the non-relocation clause? I know this will kill some people who think Brandon is pure evil, but if this is true he did as much to save the Bills as anyone.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Jaws took a position against the family (Buffalo) and will long be remembered for doing that. Doesn't make him a bad analyst, just makes him a bad friend of the city and community.

We really don't know what JBJ's real feelings are. He teamed up with the Toronto guys only because they had money and were going after the Bills, and they both needed his cache and agreed to let him be principal owner (who else would do that?). He very well could want to keep the team in Buffalo if it were up to him. He has no real allegiance to Toronto.

That said, he's a lying SOB if he claims that him and his partners, collectively, are not wanting to move the team to Toronto. That's an entirely different question. That's what made his letter to the news so ill-conceived, poorly worded and transparent. It was his omission that was telling, not anything he said.

If I had to guess, he probably loves Bills fans, and would prefer to keep the team in Buffalo. Why wouldn't he? He's from New Jersey. He's a fan.