Would you swap EJ for Fitz?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Would you swap EJ for Fitz?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't start well.

No. and has not improved as much as i have tried .

I have concerns about the thread .

But Woods had a great practice it seems. After he and Doug had a long chat .

I voted "NO".

I'm no Manuel fan, but Fitzpatrick is horrible with no chance for improvement.

At least Manuel could pull off a miracle and become slightly better than mediocre. That would be an improvement.

Thank you !

I think you nailed the premise of the thread.

The problem with Fitz is, you really shouldn't rely on him to win you football games. Honestly, if you put him in an Alex Smith game management position I think he'd be fine as a starter. His arm strength is a bit of a concern, but boy can he run sometimes.. Always liked Fitz, but in the end he's nothing more than a stop gap. He's a poor mans Alex Smith. Much better than we give him credit for.

Similarities:

1) Both struggle big time with the long ball.

2) Both can run.

3) Both have accuracy issues.

4) Both are smart.

Differences:

1) Fitz gets injured less and appears to be tougher.

2) EJ, because of size and arm strength has a far higher ceiling.

Summary:

At this particular stage there really isn't much difference.

There was no reason to cut

Fitzpatrick. It was just a money

saving gambit for a team that had

room under the cap.

They could have had

EJ serve as understudy and

Fitz caretaker the position for a couple

years. It would have better served

Manuel's development. And

the

team would have had a better

shot at the playoffs this year

than they do with EJ as starter.

You suck at limericks. :nana:

Similarities:

1) Both struggle big time with the long ball.

2) Both can run.

3) Both have accuracy issues.

4) Both are smart.

Differences:

1) Fitz gets injured less and appears to be tougher.

2) EJ, because of size and arm strength has a far higher ceiling.

Summary:

At this particular stage there really isn't much difference.

I don't know if I buy that EJ is smart. They had to time down an already simple playbook for him.

Promo, you're making me think too hard.

Last year, I would have wanted Fitz on the team and starting. This year, I want Fitz on the team and a battle for the starter. EJ is a confident young man and shows some promise. His character and his charisma match his intelligence and patience as a person (by all accounts) so I think it would have done him well to have been brought up at a pace in which he would be able to compete, feel less pressure and most importantly, learn.

IMO the reasons that this is a tough decision are because A)there isn't any real young talent behind EJ and B)they don't have a first round pick.

But at this point, you ride with EJ, hope for the best and then if it doesn't work out hopefully a really good veteran QB comes free and jumps on the opportunity to play with this otherwise very talented team next season. I have a suspicion that more, talented young QB's will push their way up depth charts and at some point somebody good will be let go. That's not a strategy but I don't think the ceiling with Fitz is worthwhile unless at the same time he has someone to mentor. Not a Tuel or Thad fan.

Realistically we are not trading for Fitz. The question is hypothetical.

Again a false choice to absolve OBD. But the answer would be a slight nod to FItz because he'd give the team a better chance for more wins and lessen the pain of the lost draft pick. No way the trade is made if the pick wasn't an issue.

Most called him fitznoodle for a reason. Im not ready to wrote EJ off yet. But he needs to start showing improvement in all areas especially accuracy.

Fitznoodle aka Fitztragic aka Fitzputrid aka Fitz pick Six.. I could go on for hours..

Anyone got any names for EJ yet?

Edited by ldandria

Fitznoodle aka Fitztragic aka Fitzputrid aka Fitz pick Six.. I could go on for hours..

Anyone got any names for EJ yet?

EJ-Knee, Knee-J, Slow eyEJ, can't read a defensEJ, EJ3 and out, EJ3 yard pass on 3rd and 12, EJ3sacks a game, EJ3 ponts in the red zone, EJ3 yards off target, EJ3 injuries a season, Bust.

Sure, I got a couple.

Edited by FireChan