Bortles should be a Bill

We should have traded up for Bortles;

"But Bortles did better than all right on his second possession, flashing some of the ability that made him the third overall pick in the draft. On first down from his own 2-yard line, Bortles lofted a pass down the left sideline to Mike Brown, dropping it over the defensive back for a 25-yard gain."

He also says what a good QB should say;

"I think it was all right," Bortles said of his performance. "I could have done a lot of things better. That’s part of it -- learn from my mistakes and try to improve."http://espn.go.com/b...how-consistency

This is what EJ says about his performance;

“I thought I did a pretty good job when I was in,” Manuel said. “I thought the first unit, we did what we needed to do." http://www.buffalone...two-bills-drive

:doh:

coulda shoulda woulda. move on. EJ is the guy until new ownership decides what they are going to do after this season. It all could change, even if we had picked Bortles. If the coaching staff is replaced (50/50 shot at this point) all bets are off with players drafted by this management team. See the big picture. Could be an entirely new set of characters 12 months from now.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have traded up for Bortles;

"But Bortles did better than all right on his second possession, flashing some of the ability that made him the third overall pick in the draft. On first down from his own 2-yard line, Bortles lofted a pass down the left sideline to Mike Brown, dropping it over the defensive back for a 25-yard gain."

He also says what a good QB should say;

"I think it was all right," Bortles said of his performance. "I could have done a lot of things better. That’s part of it -- learn from my mistakes and try to improve."http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/7038/blake-bortles-starting-to-show-consistency

This is what EJ says about his performance;

“I thought I did a pretty good job when I was in,” Manuel said. “I thought the first unit, we did what we needed to do." http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/manuel-has-a-lackluster-start-before-giving-way-to-tuel-in-preseason-opener-20140804?two-bills-drive

:doh:

Great news then, Bortles will be available on the cheap in about 3 years and the Bills can have him then. Like Gabbert the Jags will eagerly deal him for a bag of doorknobs soon enough. I get that Manuel may not be the real deal, looked bad last night, but please set your sights a little higher than Bortles for a savior / regret.

Edited by DC Grid

Did you say to yourself "how can I make the worst thread ever?", because it worked.

people say that all the time to him, and i stand by the fact that skelton for mario will not be surpassed. probably ever. this is just a normal bad thread, not the all time bad one.

BB could be like the kid that drop the bag of poop at the door and run away, hide and look at the reaction. As BB hides behind the tree reading the replies chuckling. Too bad that's not the case. He drops the poop thinking that you'll open the door and think, "a bag of poop!!! Just what I needed." Then eat the poop and enjoy it as much as he enjoys eating it. Which is a lot.

people say that all the time to him, and i stand by the fact that skelton for mario will not be surpassed. probably ever. this is just a normal bad thread, not the all time bad one.

Ha ha, think about that thread for a 2nd. Maybe we can trade the former 1st overall pick that average double digits sacks every season for a QB that was cut 3 times last year? He was most recently replaced by: McLeod John Baltazar Bethel-Thompson. In terms of the worst ideas in the history of message boards, Mario for Skelton has no equal. When people talk about the HOF they talk about HOFers and then the guys that are in that special room, the Babe Ruth's of the world. That thread is Babe Ruth.

Unlike some on here I am a big fan of BB. He always provides a unique perspective and certainly looks at things through his own lens. Sometimes after reading his posts I ask myself, "am I crazy?" No one else on here elicits that type of response so regularly.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Ha ha, think about that thread for a 2nd. Maybe we can trade the former 1st overall pick that average double digits sacks every season for a QB that was cut 3 times last year? He was most recently replaced by: McLeod John Baltazar Bethel-Thompson. In terms of the worst ideas in the history of message boards, Mario for Skelton has no equal. When people talk about the HOF they talk about HOFers and then the guys that are in that special room, the Babe Ruth's of the world. That thread is Babe Ruth.

Unlike some on here I am a big fan of BB. He always provides a unique perspective and certainly looks at things through his own lens. Sometimes after reading his posts I ask myself, "am I crazy?" No one else on here elicits that type of response so regularly.

i give him a hard time, but enjoy having him around too. when it comes down to it, most of us are far from experts and say stuff that would qualify as nonsense....... his love of unproven second and third tier qbs just gets him into trouble. if he could just accept that 99.9999% of those guys dont work out instead of stumping for 2-3 of them annually, he would just be normal crazy around here.

that one was just sooooo epic though. really, without match. and then when he had enough and melted down and tried to change the OP to Mario for Rodgers!

Edited by NoSaint