Time to reach out to Mary Wilson via Grosse Point Newspapers

Some of you may not agree with this approach but with Bon Jovi and his media team (ESPN, NFL, Kraft, Jones, Jaws) ramping up efforts to promote the Bon Jovi and Canadian Investor bid - we cannot sit idly by and risk putting the future of the Buffalo Bills in the hands of Canadian investors. We need to reach out to Mary Wilson by submitting letters to the editor to Grosse Point newspapers - the town in which Mary Wilson lives in Michigan.

The sale of the Bills is so complicated that it's wise to take declarations with a grain of salt, including Jon Bon Jovi's group saying it won't relocate the team. And for that matter - Bills fans have been on pins and needles for years; constantly hearing about threats of the team moving to LA, Seattle, London and Toronto. Bills fans have been loyal for 54 years; and it is time for the Wilson trust to give a Buffalo friendly group the opportunity to own the team. We know Pegula will put up a competitive bid - but is the Trust being coerced into accepting the Bon Jovi bid?

Selling the team to a Toronto based group is a slap in the face to all Bills supporters. It is important that we match this Bon Jovi rhetoric with our support for a local owner.

Please submit your letters to the editor of the Gross Pointe News by following this link: http://www.grossepoi...lettersub.lasso

Please send emails to the following people at the Gross Pointe Times: gdemers@candgnews.com; dwallace@candgnews.com; kmoran@candgnews.com; sshanley@candgnews.com

Anything you can do to help the cause is appreciated.

thanks

Edited by keepBILLSinBUFFALO

Oh Kirby, are you still fellating Bon Jovi?

It's called grass roots people. You can declare rock bottom and knock this approach but if we as fans do not rally and check all the boxes and say we didn't try everything - then don't B word when the Bills are gone.

If you honestly believe that Bon Jovi and his buddies Tanenbaum and Rogers seriously intend to keep the Bills local - you're freaking kidding your self.

They are as good as gone... It's time we ramp up our efforts to Mary WIlson.

It's called grass roots people. You can declare rock bottom and knock this approach but if we as fans do not rally and check all the boxes and say we didn't try everything - then don't B word when the Bills are gone.

If you honestly believe that Bon Jovi and his buddies Tanenbaum and Rogers seriously intend to keep the Bills local - you're freaking kidding your self.

Ha ha, find one post where I say I want JBJ to own the team. I just provide my informed opinion. Maybe I'd be better served hanging out in a tree outside of Mary Wilson's house? Edited by Kirby Jackson

Ha ha, find one post where I say I want JBJ to own the team. I just provide my informed opinion. Maybe I'd be better served hanging out in a tree outside of Mary Wilson's house?

Yes, more time outside the Wilson home and less time promoting Bon Jovi press releases here is fine by me...

Yes, more time outside the Wilson home and less time promoting Bon Jovi press releases here is fine by me...

Again, please find the post where I advocate JBJ for ownership. You may find a bunch where I refer to him as an evil troll but none where I want him as the owner. If he wins the bid (big if) the team will be staying here.

....and we've hit rock bottom

I certainly hope so, but I fear the worst is yet to come. (If that's possibe)

Mary Wilson doesn't strike me as one to watch too much ESPN. Don't think Jaws or whatever PR team JBJ has allegedly inserted within the ESPN ranks will influence her at all.

Yeah, I doubt Boomer or the taxi cab driver have read the will. ESPN would like to think they are so important that they'd matter but, like the fans, this is out of our realm right now.

Mary Wilson doesn't strike me as one to watch too much ESPN. Don't think Jaws or whatever PR team JBJ has allegedly inserted within the ESPN ranks will influence her at all.

This isn't about Mary Wilson reacting to ESPN. This is about Mary Wilson standing up to Roger Goodell, Robert Kraft, Jerry Jones and others from NFL headquarters influencing the Trust to select the Bon Jovi bid.

Bon Jovi is obviously using his contacts to diffuse a highly volatile situation... The last thing Bon Jovi wants is media attention highlighting Bills fans bitching about their bid and messing it up.

That is why we are hearing ESPN, NFL, and Toronto outlets pushing the "Bon Jovi to keep team in Buffalo" BS.

That's all it is. Once they get their hands on this team - its just a matter of time - and dragging of feet - that our team will be dragged across the border.

If you do not believe this - you are in denial.

Pushing Mary to select a Buffalo based owner - like Pegula - and ignoring pressures from the NFL - goes a long way.

Bills fans don't have money to combat Bon Jovi and his media machine - but we certainly have strength in numbers... and a well organized, solidified grass roots approach might work.

respectful, grass-roots actions might be futile, or, they might sway Mrs. Wilson to sell to a Buffalo owner. There is nothing wrong with making a public appeal to her in her local newspaper. Lets just keep it honest, heartfelt and respectful!

This isn't about Mary Wilson reacting to ESPN. This is about Mary Wilson standing up to Roger Goodell, Robert Kraft, Jerry Jones and others from NFL headquarters influencing the Trust to select the Bon Jovi bid.

Bon Jovi is obviously using his contacts to diffuse a highly volatile situation... The last thing Bon Jovi wants is media attention highlighting Bills fans bitching about their bid and messing it up.

That is why we are hearing ESPN, NFL, and Toronto outlets pushing the "Bon Jovi to keep team in Buffalo" BS.

That's all it is. Once they get their hands on this team - its just a matter of time - and dragging of feet - that our team will be dragged across the border.

If you do not believe this - you are in denial.

Pushing Mary to select a Buffalo based owner - like Pegula - and ignoring pressures from the NFL - goes a long way.

Bills fans don't have money to combat Bon Jovi and his media machine - but we certainly have strength in numbers... and a well organized, solidified grass roots approach might work.

But if we sit quietly by -

Sorry, don't buy into any of the conspiracy theories you suggest. Don't think for a second Mary Wilson cares whether she sells her late husbands team to a rock star or oilman.

Some of you may not agree with this approach but with Bon Jovi and his media team (ESPN, NFL, Kraft, Jones, Jaws) ramping up efforts to promote the Bon Jovi and Canadian Investor bid - we cannot sit idly by and risk putting the future of the Buffalo Bills in the hands of Canadian investors. We need to reach out to Mary Wilson by submitting letters to the editor to Grosse Point newspapers - the town in which Mary Wilson lives in Michigan.

The sale of the Bills is so complicated that it's wise to take declarations with a grain of salt, including Jon Bon Jovi's group saying it won't relocate the team. And for that matter - Bills fans have been on pins and needles for years; constantly hearing about threats of the team moving to LA, Seattle, London and Toronto. Bills fans have been loyal for 54 years; and it is time for the Wilson trust to give a Buffalo friendly group the opportunity to own the team. We know Pegula will put up a competitive bid - but is the Trust being coerced into accepting the Bon Jovi bid?

Selling the team to a Toronto based group is a slap in the face to all Bills supporters. It is important that we match this Bon Jovi rhetoric with our support for a local owner.

Please submit your letters to the editor of the Gross Pointe News by following this link: http://www.grossepoi...lettersub.lasso

Please send emails to the following people at the Gross Pointe Times: gdemers@candgnews.com; dwallace@candgnews.com; kmoran@candgnews.com; sshanley@candgnews.com

thanks

This approach might do more for the cause rather than the relentless number of new posts here on this message board questioning fans whether they will support the team when Bon Jovi secures it...

Sorry, don't buy into any of the conspiracy theories you suggest. Don't think for a second Mary Wilson cares whether she sells her late husbands team to a rock star or oilman.

So when this turns into a "I told you so" what will your reaction be then?

I'm not sure any editor would publish a letter directed at one person regarding an issue that has absolutely no impact on the community his paper serves.

A letter about the town's property tax maybe, but a letter begging one person to sell a remotely located asset to one party over another? I just don't see it happening.

I'm not sure any editor would publish a letter directed at one person regarding an issue that has absolutely no impact on the community his paper serves.

A letter about the town's property tax maybe, but a letter begging one person to sell a remotely located asset to one party over another? I just don't see it happening.

A Grosse Pointe (GP) resident is about to make a significant decision that will not only make her one of the wealthiest GP resident but also impact millions of people worldwide... Yes, when the Bills are sold - it will make headlines everywhere - including GP.

They will print a few letters from loyal Bills fans - pulling at the heart strings of their local resident...

You do realize Mary Wilson is just one of 4 people making the decision, even if she decides to not sell to the Canadian "baddies", the other 3 could could vote for it, and it would pass.

You should TOTALLY organize for letters for EACH of the other 3 members of the trust.

:wallbash:

Edited by Wayne Cubed

thanks

I appreciate your sincerity. And I will admit this makes more sense than trying to block the peace bridge. But are the publishers of this Grosse Point paper going to publish letters sent about the Buffalo Bills? Who there besides Mrs. Wilson gives a **** about the Bills?

Plus you think the Trustees are being coerced by, or even influenced in the slightest, by what Jaws, ESPN, or anyone else has to say? Take a breath, step back for a minute and reevaluate. It can be difficult to accept when there is nothing you can do to influence a situation that you care about greatly. But that's where we are.

Edited by CodeMonkey

A Grosse Pointe (GP) resident is about to make a significant decision that will not only make her one of the most wealthiest GP resident but also impact millions of people world wide... Yes, when the Bills are sold - it will make headlines everywhere - including GP.

They will print a few letters from loyal Bills fans - pulling at the heart strings of their local resident...

Millions will learn of the sale but that doesn't mean they'll be impacted. And again, it's one person in the community.

But feel free to share your letter to the editor here since it's the only place it will be published.

thanks

Totally agree. We will not take cease and desist for an answer!!!

I think this is a good idea, unfortunately I am a bit of a prick and would have trouble coming up with heartfelt letter, but I hope others do.

at least you are honest.

we could seek out the services of leodis mckelvin's lawn painter?

So we've gone from the extreme of seven years of soccer style riots, to writing letters to a non local newspaper that the person who it is inteded for may or may not read.

Fancy letters to the editor??? This is and always will be a billboard forum.

She is mulling over Billion dollar offers but will take the time to read letters in a newspaper? Mary Wilson knows all about Bills fans. She was at the memorial service for Ralph and was wonderful to everyone. I think she's knows what's going on.

I have heard of Seattle trying to get an NHL and NBA team...but another NFL team? I have never heard of that one, ever.

Chicago is or was trying to get a second NFL team, I remember that much...and even found this absurd quote from an article about it.

“I really believe we could get a second football team,” the former mayor said. “I’ve always believed — the Chicago Cardinals, Bears — why is it that New York has two? Florida has three, San Francisco has two. Now you think of that, we could easily take — Chicago loves sports and we could get a second team in here."

http://chicago.cbslo...eam-in-chicago/

He must not realize that "Florida" is a state, not a city. Lol. I guess he also doesn't realize the state of NY only has ONE NFL team! :flirt:

*As for the Bills...it doesn't matter what ANY of US do, it all comes down to money...and I am confident Terry Pegula will not be out-bid.

Edited by Bob Malooga