Do you believe that the Toronto group will keep the team in Buffalo?

KDIGGZ

268 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the Toronto group when they say they will keep the team in Buffalo?

• Yes
    • No way
    • I'm hopelessly optimistic and let's see what happens

Ah, I see, you don't like my speculative point of view because it doesn't fit your narrative of possible unfolding events.

Let's get one thing clear, if you had any inside info, you wouldn't be on this website touting such, because I'm more than sure you'd be in breach of an MNDA/NDA. So let's clear that up right now.

I'm not here to see your credentials, nor do I care personally. I've stated what I've personally experienced with projects at this level financially, once again, if you don't like the possibilities I post nor the actual events I've experienced at that level, to bad.

The fact remains a move to Toronto by the Bills if the Toronto group bid wins out is very real considering their position prior to learning of the movement clause. Just because they've done a 180 publicly means nothing. And just because you feel these obstacles are to much to over come, doesn't make it so.

I'm not the one who brought up credentials.

You are missing the point that the 180 is not just being done publicly. That is what Bandit and I have been trying to tell you. I think that I will follow his lead and let you return to trolling.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd still like to see him explain how they already have the approval of the NFL Board of Governors for the move but just for the approval of ownership and winning the bid they have to say they have no intention of moving the franchise.

That is a LOT of winking and nodding.

This group will be the biggest threat to the Bills. I hope they do not get the bid. I do not believe the Wilson estate will sell to this group, my personal opinion.

This whole thing about the stadium is pretty funny. What if a potential owner were to form a corporation called "Stadium Builders Inc" and appoint a CEO remaining as a director. Then if they win the bid... The independent corporation which is not a party to the lease handles all of the stadium stuff and gets it ready for the move. I do not believe the lease agreement can become binding on pre existing actions or entities who are not parties.. Even if it stinks to high heaven this would be a hard case to win. And the ultra wealthy have a lot of legal advice to avoid breaking the non-relo clauses AFTER they sign it. I just don't see any way for the clause to affect actions initiated before the person tales ownership of the Bills.

Let's assume Kirby is right (and I believe he has heard what he says he has heard)...

Not being able to move the team will likely suppress the bid amounts. This team is only worth so much in Buffalo, NY. We might be an important, historic, and passionate market, but we are a small market, one of the very smallest in the NFL. This team has a value ceiling here, and economics will come into play. It is apparently not quite the open auction the media reported it to be.

I just see no incentive for the Toronto group to outbid Pegula or Golisano, assuming those two men are serious about putting forward competitive bids (and I would bet they are). Pegula gets things done that he wants done. Is the Toronto group really going to get into a bidding war just to be the ones to keep the Bills in WNY?

The Toronto group are rich guys who probably think it would be fun/cool to own an NFL team. But the dream was Toronto, and I doubt they have given up on it. I wouldn't be surprised if they are just doing their do diligence to get vetted for a future opportunity at another team. There might be one coming on the market in the near future that only those in the good ole boys club know about. That's how these things usually happen. Don't forget Bon Jovi is their connection to the good ole boys network, and they are Bon Jovi's connection to the capital he needs to acquire a team.

I wouldn't put it past Goddell to expand internationally, maybe even an international division of 4 teams. London, Toronto, and 2 more. Billionaires and other highly successful people get that way by foreseeing outcomes 10-20 years down the road and taking steps to make them happen today that are not immediately obvious to everyone else.

Edited by TheFunPolice

wait what? a group of Toronto billionaires wants to buy an NFL team and move it to Toronto? I bet nobody saw that one coming!!!

Anyone care that the article says they looked at those sites 18 months ago, and that now they're looking at WNY sites?

Would this or would this not be consistent with what Kirby and others have been saying?

Let's assume Kirby is right (and I believe he has heard what he says he has heard)...

The Toronto group are rich guys who probably think it would be fun/cool to own an NFL team. But the dream was Toronto, and I doubt they have given up on it. I wouldn't be surprised if they are just doing their do diligence to get vetted for a future opportunity at another team. There might be one coming on the market in the near future that only those in the good ole boys club know about. That's how these things usually happen. Don't forget Bon Jovi is their connection to the good ole boys network, and they are Bon Jovi's connection to the capital he needs to acquire a team.

I wouldn't put it past Goddell to expand internationally. Billionaires and other highly successful people get that way by foreseeing outcomes 10-20 years down the road and taking steps to make them happen today that are not immediately obvious to everyone else.

If you read between the lines, it seems like this is what KJ is saying, but its getting mis-read.

10 people voted "Yes" and believe the Toronto group will keep the team in Buffalo. I would like the 10 of you to contact me via PM, as I have some interesting business opportunities for you, including a way to make $7500+ per week working at home on your computer.

10 people voted "Yes" and believe the Toronto group will keep the team in Buffalo. I would like the 10 of you to contact me via PM, as I have some interesting business opportunities for you, including a way to make $7500+ per week working at home on your computer.

Should the folks that voted yes also offer to read a story to the ones that voted no after they get their jammies on?

Or can we just refrain from calling each others' opinions stupid?

I'm not the one who brought up credentials.

You are missing the point that the 180 is not just being done publicly. That is what Bandit and I have been trying to tell you. I think that I will follow his lead and let you return to trolling.

Here

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-source-nfl-stadium-sites-explored-toronto

Also, I'm going to give a member I speak to frequently the ok to tell you what I told him aways back.

If he chooses to post in this thread, he will. He will tell you the information I gave him.

That is all.

Anyone care that the article says they looked at those sites 18 months ago, and that now they're looking at WNY sites?

Would this or would this not be consistent with what Kirby and others have been saying?

It could also mean that they are going through the motions by showing interest in wny, knowing full well when they get the team they can basically do whatever they want with it.