What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Mass shooting in California

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-shooting-southwest-la-20161015-snap-story.html

Doh! Sorry, I forgot. It's only a mass shooting if it's a cracker with a fully automatic assault weapon

She estimated she heard about 20 gunshots in total. She ran to the window and watched people run by her house, screaming. Some held beer bottles, she said. Many jumped in their cars and sped off, she said.

Mass shooting in California

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-shooting-southwest-la-20161015-snap-story.html

Doh! Sorry, I forgot. It's only a mass shooting if it's a cracker with a fully automatic assault weapon

I'd be interested to know if and when they find the shooter(s), if they were prohibited from possessing a firearm (especially given this happened in California).

Of course, criminals will obey these new laws they pass.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-essential-politics-updates-gov-brown-signs-six-gun-control-bills-1467394282-htmlstory.html

Bills the governor signed will:

Require an ID and background check to purchase ammunition and create a new state database of ammunition owners

Ban possession of ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 bullets.

Restrict the loaning of guns without background checks to close family members.

Edited by bdutton

She estimated she heard about 20 gunshots in total. She ran to the window and watched people run by her house, screaming. Some held beer bottles, she said. Many jumped in their cars and sped off, she said.

Some held beer bottles. I'm glad they have their priorities in line.

Our constitutional right to bear arms obviously implies a right to bear ammunition, without which the arms are useless. But apparently Democrats disagree. Check out the bill HB6615, which the Illinois General Assembly is springing in Springfield:

Provides that beginning January 1, 2018, all handgun ammunition that is manufactured, imported into the State for sale or personal use, kept for sale, offered or exposed for sale, sold, given, lent, or possessed shall be serialized. Provides that beginning January 1, 2018, any person who manufactures, causes to be manufactured, imports into the State for sale or personal use, keeps for sale, offers or exposes for sale, or who gives or lends any handgun ammunition that is not serialized is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor. Provides that beginning January 1, 2018, any person who possesses in any public place any handgun ammunition that is not serialized is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor.

Bullet serialization involves engraving a serial number on each and every bullet. As the National Shooting Sports Foundation observes, it is a de facto ban on ammunition.

Well, it makes sense....................because all the strict gun control laws passed by Chicago dems are certainly working.

1,000 more people shot in Chicago compared with same time last year.

Our constitutional right to bear arms obviously implies a right to bear ammunition, without which the arms are useless. But apparently Democrats disagree. Check out the bill HB6615, which the Illinois General Assembly is springing in Springfield:

Provides that beginning January 1, 2018, all handgun ammunition that is manufactured, imported into the State for sale or personal use, kept for sale, offered or exposed for sale, sold, given, lent, or possessed shall be serialized. Provides that beginning January 1, 2018, any person who manufactures, causes to be manufactured, imports into the State for sale or personal use, keeps for sale, offers or exposes for sale, or who gives or lends any handgun ammunition that is not serialized is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor. Provides that beginning January 1, 2018, any person who possesses in any public place any handgun ammunition that is not serialized is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor.

Bullet serialization involves engraving a serial number on each and every bullet. As the National Shooting Sports Foundation observes, it is a de facto ban on ammunition.

Well, it makes sense....................because all the strict gun control laws passed by Chicago dems are certainly working.

1,000 more people shot in Chicago compared with same time last year.

For any gun regulations to work, you have to have one jurisdiction. Too many borders. Chicgao borders a deep, red, gun toting state: Indiana. Who is to stop who from stepping across a street.

Either no regs at all or same regs across all jurisdictions.

I just bought 4 cases of 22LR ammo. I shoot a lot competitively as does my daughter (pictured in my avatar). I figured ammo demand will skyrocket after Clinton is selected.

I also need to go out and buy a couple of AR lowers just in case.

“If there was to be a death, it was not the place of the employee at Pizza Hut. That is the place of law enforcement,” said Hairston.

I'm sorry...what? "It wasn't a private person's responsibility to kill our son! That's the police's job!" #blacklivesmatter