What is better, no guns, or more guns?

If guns are illegal in Chicago (aka Chiraq) how are there so many murders? Are they using knives, clubs, falling pianos?

acme tnt for two. And they painted a tunnel on a mountain to have someone drive into it

The fourth was a white man so it didnt matter

Edited by Boyst62

If guns are illegal in Chicago (aka Chiraq) how are there so many murders? Are they using knives, clubs, falling pianos?

Phuck the law.

No they are using guns. Just go across the border into Indiana or a suburb and bring them into the city. You do know that Chicago actually borders another state with vastly different gun laws? The problem is not one or the other. The problem is that they are different.

Same with anything else, fireworks, liquor, tobacco... All the fun stuff! If one jurisdiction bans them and the neighboring jurisdiction does not... Do you actually think people will honor the border? You can't buy booze in Indiana on Sunday. You can't get the guns in Illinois. Nice how both sides got each other covered.

Why not have the state troopers monitor the gun shops near the border in Indiana for cars with Illinois licenses and stop them once they cross back over? The NJ State troopers are famous for doing that to catch illegal fireworks from being bought in PA and transported across state lines illegally.

Phuck the law.

No they are using guns. Just go across the border into Indiana or a suburb and bring them into the city. You do know that Chicago actually borders another state with vastly different gun laws? The problem is not one or the other. The problem is that they are different.

Same with anything else, fireworks, liquor, tobacco... All the fun stuff! If one jurisdiction bans them and the neighboring jurisdiction does not... Do you actually think people will honor the border? You can't buy booze in Indiana on Sunday. You can't get the guns in Illinois. Nice how both sides got each other covered.

there has been no proof that is conclusive that the guns come from outside of the state in a legal means.

In other words, the thugs are not going out of the state to get thm

because our society is flooded with cheap easy to acquire guns

you truly are an idiot

If we raise the cost of guns, will that keep them away from criminals?

If we do thorough background çhecks will they not be able to get guns? Will the criminals still be honest? Will felons have a right of conscious?

This truly makes you an idiot

I don't have a gun because I know the consequences but I could definitely use a few.

there has been no proof that is conclusive that the guns come from outside of the state in a legal means.

In other words, the thugs are not going out of the state to get thm

Huh?

Where else are they coming from? They aren't made in Chicago and who cares if they are acquired through legal means. A straw buyer is giving the perception of legality to the seller when they purchase a weapon across the border in Indiana or a suburb/in state town.

In a strange twist back in '63:

Lee Harvey bought his gun mail order from Illinois into Texas.

Where are the weapons coming from? The start some where under the guise of being legal.

Just like if I want fireworks... One can simply hop the border a couple miles from me, buy them and then bring them back into Illinois. No border checks. Well there are @ times, stops in some towns along the Illiana border during the 4th of July season... Just use Interstate 80.

Same with getting ammo @ Cabela's, etc... I know a bunch of people who travel into Hammond to supply all their Illinois ammo needs... Same with the weapons too.

The laws are simply ignored.

And no gun control law is going to change that. Bad guys will always have them and so will I for protection.

Well they will if they federalize it all across 50 states... Put the bite on manufacturing... Sure some will always make it in. Look @ the bite they put on opiate production in Afghanistan. There is always an unintended consequence (fentenal[spelling] problem).

Supply and demand. Stretch the borders of production, supply chain.

Chicago has a very close supply chain. Has a land border with a vastly different state... HECK, EVEN THE REST OF Illinois is vastly different. Illinois is mostly rural. Take the 10 million away from the WI to IN line and you have a Red State like Indiana. The dichotomy between urban and rural in the area is the biggest and the closest in the nation... Why there

is a problem.

Why do you think guys like Capone set up shop here. In fact, guys like Capone always set up shop on border (first VT, then IA then CHI). Always exploit the borders, jurisdictions!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This guy has some answers... :ph34r:

Yeah. It is also a distribution hub. How much gets stolen, pilfered, etc...

There is no "buffer zone" like other places.

I know this sounds crazy. It is so wide open. I mentioned laws about other things, like booze or fireworks. Laws are simply ignored. Too many jurisdictions, too many different ways of life living too close to one and other.

How many people know "friends of friends" that some how get stuff "cheap?" All kinds of stuff.

Yeah it is scary what he is putting down, but there is some truth to what the video says. I may not agree with the conspiracy so much as somebody came across some "free" stuff and place it there. Just growing up in a place like BFLo years ago, blue collar environment... I can tell you a few stories how people obtained things. Maybe not guns, but other stuff. My father, grandfather, uncles worked on the railroad...

...See where I am going.

My brother worked hauling old cars all over the Eastern Seaboad... Pick them up from all over and deliver them to places like Baltimore to be shipped to Africa, etc... Just saying all the amazing stuff he would find in the trunks. Just one small story and avenue for stolen, "loose" stuff. I am sure firearms are in equation and people making a handy profit on them too.

My 2 cents.

Well they will if they federalize it all across 50 states... Put the bite on manufacturing... Sure some will always make it in. Look @ the bite they put on opiate production in Afghanistan. There is always an unintended consequence (fentenal[spelling] problem).

Supply and demand. Stretch the borders of production, supply chain.

Chicago has a very close supply chain. Has a land border with a vastly different state... HECK, EVEN THE REST OF Illinois is vastly different. Illinois is mostly rural. Take the 10 million away from the WI to IN line and you have a Red State like Indiana. The dichotomy between urban and rural in the area is the biggest and the closest in the nation... Why there

is a problem.

Why do you think guys like Capone set up shop here. In fact, guys like Capone always set up shop on border (first VT, then IA then CHI). Always exploit the borders, jurisdictions!

soooo you want to restrict businesses that are successful whilst also including new laws which will be federal laws?

wow. i can't even.... i just can't.

but, here are two quick things: Trump will never limit business nor will he ever push for federal restrictions. In fact he is doing the right thing discussing federal reciprocity laws.

The Media’s Dishonest Reporting on Firearms

by Kevin D Williamson

If you ever have had any dealings with the Associated Press, you know it to be a placid, slow-moving bureaucracy. But it can spur itself into action, as when it revises its style book (the standard for newspaper editors) which it often does along ideological lines, e.g., barring the phrase “illegal immigrants” to describe illegal immigrants, or its recent insistence that services such as Uber and Lyft cannot be described as “ride-sharing” arrangements. (The Left has decided it dislikes the phrase “sharing economy.”) Some suggestions have not made it into recent editions, e.g., “A ‘burro’ is an ass; a ‘burrow’ is a hole in the ground. A good editor knows the difference.”

There is a change that I would like to see the AP and the New York Times and the rest of them make, one that might be a little more useful than splitting ideological hairs about what we call Uber: correcting how we describe firearms.

Newspaper accounts of firearms are almost always illiterate and inaccurate. If you see something described as an AK-47 being used in a crime in the United States, you can be almost certain that it is not an actual AK-47. (This is not helped by the fact that many different kinds of firearms are marketed under the name AK-47.) An AK-47 is a select-fire rifle, i.e., a rifle that can be fired in fully automatic or semiautomatic mode, chambered for the 7.62×39mm round. These are pretty rare beasts in the United States; what’s normally meant by “AK-47″ is a semiautomatic rifle styled like an AK-47 and/or operating with a similar mechanism, and this elides the fact that one of these things is a full-auto machine gun and one isn’t. Given the rather energetic efforts of the anti-gun lobby and the press to conflate automatic and semiautomatic weapons, one cannot help but think this is at least partly intentional. In any case, it is misleading and confusing, and therefore bad journalism.

Similar problems come up with other firearms. “Uzi” is a brand name for everything from submachine guns to wristwatches. Some Uzi firearms you can buy at your local gun shop, and some a private citizen cannot legally buy under practically any circumstance. A great many different firearms are sold under the “AR” designation as well. When Bushmaster rifles were the evil black gun of the moment, “Bushmaster” was similarly treated as though it were a particular kind of rifle rather than a brand name for many different rifles. There are many different kinds of Glocks. Beyond using evocative and inaccurate brand and model names, the usual media practice is to use qualitative descriptors, many of which are meaningless (“assault weapon”) or generally misleading (“high-powered rifle”). That’s obviously unsatisfactory, too.

{snip}

The best course of action would be for reporters and copy editors to commit an act of journalism and actually convey some accurate, relevant information about what is being discussed. The most straightforward way to do this would be to describe firearms by their caliber and action: .223-caliber semiautomatic rifle, .308-caliber bolt-action rifle, 9-mm semiautomatic handgun, .44-caliber revolver, etc. If the brand name is known and seems relevant, there’s no reason why that couldn’t be included, too: 5.56-mm semiautomatic Colt rifle, .40-caliber semiautomatic Glock handgun, etc. That a crime was committed by a man wielding a “high-powered Bushmaster” tells us almost nothing; better to tell us that a crime was committed by a man wielding a .223-caliber semiautomatic rifle with a 15-round magazine.

You rarely go wrong by conveying too much information. Getting it right on firearms would require some work on the part of reporters and editors, but in these days of 27 genders we are entitled to expect the media to master a few details.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/443465/journalism-gun-reporting-dishonest-lazy