Cordy Glenn not participating to start camp

Yep. I'm in HR... we receive "authorized for release" medical info on employees from the healthcare workers in order to put them on a LOA or release to return to work. But I am not, in turn, able to disclose it to anyone outside of HR without violating HIPAA. This is somewhat similar - the Bills medical staff is authorized the share the info on Glenn's condition with the FO/coaching staff. But they are not supposed to turn around and share that with media, etc. They will only share what they have to per league rules.

This is just my understanding,

Unless of course the patient gives a writter release to, in this case, the Bills Front Office to share.Untill then it is just an injury is un related to football.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is none of our business what this illnes is about until Glenn wants it made public. Those acting as if they have the right to obtain this information are not thinking real clearly.

All I know is, when it is mentioned that it might cause him to miss the entire season, it's not a pulled hammy..

That's true. But, what's the obligation of said "random layperson" after receiving this unauthorized info? Are they obligated to pretend that they haven't heard what they've heard?

Morally or legally?

Its time the Bills cut the **** and disclose WTF is the deal with our starting LT.

Translation: I demand the Bills break the law, as well as any confidence / trust players have in the organization.

Translation: I demand the Bills break the law, as well as any confidence / trust players have in the organization.

I think people would just be happy with more information pertaining to if he is going to be able to play or not. Aside from his well being, no one really cares what he has beyond that.

Something, anything, better than letting rumors fly that this may jeopardize his season.

Edited by What a Tuel

I think people would just be happy with more information pertaining to if he is going to be able to play or not. Aside from his well being, no one really cares what he has beyond that.

Something, anything, better than letting rumors fly that this may jeopardize his season.

They in all likelihood don't know. In any case, rumors aren't going to jeopardize his season.

These are my feelings, as well.

It is none of our business what this illnes is about until Glenn wants it made public. Those acting as if they have the right to obtain this information are not thinking real clearly.

All I know is, when it is mentioned that it might cause him to miss the entire season, it's not a pulled hammy..

I don't think that is what happened, although I didn't hear the PC in its entirety. From what I gathered, the Bills did not mention that it might cause that. Whaley was asked by a reporter if it would cause that. His response was that he didn't think so. They are still doing tests. He's at camp, doing light workouts, until he is cleared. So no, it isn't a pulled hammy, but the Bills didn't initiate the concern, the media did. Just my observations.

Absolutely. You summed up my feelings as well.

If the rumors effect you strongly, you may be a candidate for reducing your own access to them. Probably the most reasonable solution here.

If the rumors effect you strongly, you may be a candidate for reducing your own access to them. Probably the most reasonable solution here.

Agreed. If someone needs to know something like this so badly that they're upset at an outside entity they should probably take a look inward.

Agreed. If someone needs to know something like this so badly that they're upset at an outside entity they should probably take a look inward.

+2. They owe you nothing, ever. If you pay for tickets or a TV package, that doesn't afford you access to anything you want, no more than owning an iPhone should have given you access to Steve Jobs' medicals.

Why? What if you were diagnosed(God forbid) with testicular cancer? Would you be okay with your boss telling people before you decided you wanted people to know? I know this is an extreme example but I think it makes the point. Whaley says he's got an illness, maybe Glenn and/or the doctors don't want it disclosed yet, maybe he'd like to talk to family before the media reports it. Then again maybe it's nothing and the team and Glenn are just being precautious.

Good post. It's hilarious the double standards people have for athletes because they make a lot of money. I guess HIPPA isn't allowed if you make millions.

Right now, it's none of our business.

Who is talking about them owing me anything? We are football fans craving knowledge about our favorite team, you guys need to lighten up.

i know mine wasnt solely pointed at you, you were just the last one after reading through the thread so you got the quote. there were people that believed it was owed to them though.

all i was saying is if the rumors stress you out and you want answers.... the answer might be avoiding the rumor mill because you cant expect medical answers.

Edited by NoSaint

Here is a link to Joe B's Glenn story. The Eric wood part is interesting as I'm sure he has an idea of what is going on.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9423614.php?contentType=31&contentId=2416&pid=416002

"One of Glenn's teammates along the offensive line is center Eric Wood, and he expressed optimism about the left tackle's outlook. It's really been the only real claim anyone has made about Glenn to this point.

"And then with Cordy, that was kind of bad luck," Wood told WGR Sports Radio 550 Monday morning. "As far as I know, he had an illness and he’ll be back."

Here is a link to Joe B's Glenn story. The Eric wood part is interesting as I'm sure he has an idea of what is going on.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9423614.php?contentType=31&contentId=2416&pid=416002

"One of Glenn's teammates along the offensive line is center Eric Wood, and he expressed optimism about the left tackle's outlook. It's really been the only real claim anyone has made about Glenn to this point.

"And then with Cordy, that was kind of bad luck," Wood told WGR Sports Radio 550 Monday morning. "As far as I know, he had an illness and he’ll be back."

just read that, awesome news. Marrone clearly trying to be ultra careful per rules.

@JoeBuscaglia: It isn't the #Bills fault by any means. They'd be violating some rules by talking freely about it. It's just... so up in the air it seems.

just read that, awesome news. Marrone clearly trying to be ultra careful per rules.

@JoeBuscaglia: It isn't the #Bills fault by any means. They'd be violating some rules by talking freely about it. It's just... so up in the air it seems.

JoeB actually provides some rational and fairly objective reporting. I'm so glad he's joined the fold.